Cigol

Diablo III

fuckfuckfuckfuck

I ran into my first Invulnerable group. Fast, invulnerable, and something else that was irrelevant. Cultists. Act 1 of hell. OH GOD I ALMOST DIED.

OH GOD I ALMOST DIED. AHHHH. I got lucky because my templar kept them back for like a second every ten seconds, giving me JUST enough time to get to a point where I could blink down a cliff and they couldn't see me anymore and stopped chasing me. Goddamn those things hurt and you can't slow invulnerable minions apparently?! So I can't kite them?!

But I got away. And quit. I need to do something to increase my survivability.

Yeah I thought about it and I think it's because I can't damage them that they couldn't be kited. To clarify, I was using Blizzard. The Chilled effect doesn't kick in unless they actually take damage. I think? Either that, or the fast quality was just making it seem like they weren't slowed.

I'm honestly not sure what to do if I run into another group of invulns. If stuns work, then frost nova would certainly be useful. But I have literally no idea what I could sacrifice.

Currently using: Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell), Hydra (Venom), Energy Armor (Force Armor), Teleport (Wormhole), Magice Missile (Attunement), and Blizzard (whichever one makes it cost less arcance power).

The only one I think I could drop is hydra, because its only purpose is damage. But it's MOST of the damage. I take that out and fights start lasting way longer.

Yeah I thought about it and I think it's because I can't damage them that they couldn't be kited. To clarify, I was using Blizzard. The Chilled effect doesn't kick in unless they actually take damage. I think? Either that, or the fast quality was just making it seem like they weren't slowed.

I'm honestly not sure what to do if I run into another group of invulns. If stuns work, then frost nova would certainly be useful. But I have literally no idea what I could sacrifice.

Currently using: Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell), Hydra (Venom), Energy Armor (Force Armor), Teleport (Wormhole), Magice Missile (Attunement), and Blizzard (whichever one makes it cost less arcance power).

The only one I think I could drop is hydra, because its only purpose is damage. But it's MOST of the damage. I take that out and fights start lasting way longer.

Actually, Hydra is one of the most important spells at higher difficulties. If you re-cast Hydra you "kill" 3 monsters mechanically, so stacking "Life on Kill" and repeatedly casting Hydra is a really potent way to heal yourself.

Is that intended? Does it work the same with we hounds?

I'm kinda bored with Diablo, but I think I'll push a bit to get to the harder sections. I'm really put off playing a new character by the numbing lack of challenge of normal mode.

Yeah that sounds like a bug, or exploit. I'm not sure I want to a) get the life on kill gear and B) learn to depend on something that could go away at any point Blizzard deems necessary to do so. Especially since I'm playing hardcore.

dibs: Doing it with the hounds wouldn't be nearly as effective, since you can only cast those once every two minutes. Hydras have no cooldowns.

edit: i fucking hate emoticons arghhhhhhhhhhah

Yeah that sounds like a bug, or exploit. I'm not sure I want to a) get the life on kill gear and B) learn to depend on something that could go away at any point Blizzard deems necessary to do so. Especially since I'm playing hardcore.

dibs: Doing it with the hounds wouldn't be nearly as effective, since you can only cast those once every two minutes. Hydras have no cooldowns.

edit: i fucking hate emoticons arghhhhhhhhhhah

It's been in since the beta, and it's been known and used since. Blizzard is pretty good about fixing abilities that are being exploited (Mage Armor rune, Quickening Rune, Boon of Protection Rune, Smokescreen all being examples). I think that if it was going to be patched, it would've been patched already. I could be wrong though.

Its not that big of a deal, noone I play with does that since it's better to just get normal gear than to try and stack life on kill. It also doesnt work with hounds because they have a 60 second cooldown, and also they get pretty much 1 shot anyways, so if you want heals the health orb rune is decent, all other hounds are bad. Hydra is one of the most important spells for Wizards though because it allows you to have another source of damage. Wizards are basically only limited by their attack speed so they are constantly casting. This is why Wizards care so much about weapon speed, as in the number of attacks per second their weapon does. Hydra also allows you to keep doing damage when you're are kiting and moving around.

Its not that big of a deal, noone I play with does that since it's better to just get normal gear than to try and stack life on kill.

Definitely not in hardcore.

Man, I hear conflicting information everywhere I go. Here, you guys are telling me to stack life on kill and get fast attack speed. Elsewhere, I'm told to try to prioritize intelligence (as much as is reasonable, while still getting decent health/resist), and to get high base damage over attack speed (and high base damage usually means slower attack speed). There's more, but I don't care to list out everything.

MAKE UP YOUR GODDAMN MINDS, INTERNET. D:

I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. It's working marginally well?! Also I think I'm both underleveled and underfarmed, so I have to grind out XP and gold (since nothing good ever fucking drops off kills for me, I have to use AH all the time). I hate grinding. It makes me not want to play anymore.

I'm burned out too, inferno is just retarded if you're melee. Though also I'm just burned out on games in general right now.

Man, I hear conflicting information everywhere I go. Here, you guys are telling me to stack life on kill and get fast attack speed. Elsewhere, I'm told to try to prioritize intelligence (as much as is reasonable, while still getting decent health/resist), and to get high base damage over attack speed (and high base damage usually means slower attack speed). There's more, but I don't care to list out everything.

MAKE UP YOUR GODDAMN MINDS, INTERNET. D:

I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. It's working marginally well?! Also I think I'm both underleveled and underfarmed, so I have to grind out XP and gold (since nothing good ever fucking drops off kills for me, I have to use AH all the time). I hate grinding. It makes me not want to play anymore.

What are you doing, difficulty wise and hardcore or softcore?

You want:

Int > Vit > IAS > Resist All/Life on Kill

Hell shouldn't give you tooooooo much trouble.

Learn from my mistake, don't try to progress beyond Act 1 inferno. My monk had 32k health, 70+% reduction from armor, 70% reduction from resists, 4% reduction to melee attacks, and an additional 25% reduction of damage taken due to tempest rush being active. On top of all that, my attacks cause enemies to deal 50% less damage due to resolve and concussion. Unfortunately my boots only had 12% run speed adjustment and that was apparently insufficient to overcome LATENCY in my singleplayer game, so I got one-shot by Shatterbone and my hardcore character is dead.

Thanks Blizzard.

My barbarian gets one shot by the first quest on act 2 inferno, and I mean I can't get out of the canyon just outside town. After re-doing act 1 a few times I'm kind of burnt. Guy I was playing with managed to solo to act 3 on his demon hunter, even with the gear he saved for me I explode.

So if I have a gem slot, I should put int in there instead of vit? I've been prioritizing vit, but if I should go the other way, that's probably fine. Won't lose too much health, I think? Also, what's IAS? Something Attack Speed?

I've got 16k health and 3.3k damage right now, and just beat The Butcher.

And yeah I'm more worried about lag than anything else. Except maybe Belial (phase two, specifically). And Diablo's fight lasts so long that I'm worried about just screwing up due to tedium. But still, if I die on them, I can accept it as my fault and move on. If I die from lag... I'll probably just up and quit the game forever. I've had about five actual straight up disconnects on this character, as well as countless lag rubberbands, but thankfully none have been in too hairy a situation.

Oh, also, fuck whomever at Blizzard decided that checkpoints could be NOT SAFE. I almost died because I resumed the game at a checkpoint on top of a group of elites. Luckily, they were slow, and easy, so I was able to kite them in the small area I spawned at without aggroing more mobs, but...

So if I have a gem slot, I should put int in there instead of vit? I've been prioritizing vit, but if I should go the other way, that's probably fine. Won't lose too much health, I think? Also, what's IAS? Something Attack Speed?

I've got 16k health and 3.3k damage right now, and just beat The Butcher.

And yeah I'm more worried about lag than anything else. Except maybe Belial (phase two, specifically). And Diablo's fight lasts so long that I'm worried about just screwing up due to tedium. But still, if I die on them, I can accept it as my fault and move on. If I die from lag... I'll probably just up and quit the game forever. I've had about five actual straight up disconnects on this character, as well as countless lag rubberbands, but thankfully none have been in too hairy a situation.

Oh, also, fuck whomever at Blizzard decided that checkpoints could be NOT SAFE. I almost died because I resumed the game at a checkpoint on top of a group of elites. Luckily, they were slow, and easy, so I was able to kite them in the small area I spawned at without aggroing more mobs, but...

It really depends on your playstyle and comfort. I would prioritize Vitality until I have about 50k health in hardcore. If you're hard up for gear in hardcore and need vit/int I have some good items US-Side.

I have a wand with 501 DPS, 210 Vit, 110 Int, 700 LoK, 14 Max Arcane. I could probably sell it for close to a million, but I could let it go for cheap to a thumb.

I literally have less than 10,000 gold. :tup:

Also by 16k health I actually mean 36k health. Whoops.

I literally have less than 10,000 gold. :tup:

Also by 16k health I actually mean 36k health. Whoops.

My battle tag is in the MP thread (CHIM#1603) add me and I'll hook you up with some moderately good wizard gear in hardcore.

Okay! I'm in class now but I'll do so later.

So I guess people finally figured out how to dupe items. It just got hotfixed, but people have billions of gold. At this point the RMAH basically can't ever come out, which means the always online servers and all the problems that came with them are for shit because they were supposed to be so people couldn't do this.

Surely they'll be able to analyse logs and undo the illegitimate duplications?

Where do people actually go to read about stats and builds and such? I'm at Diablo on normal now, doing trial and error on what is effective and not with my wizard. Like the fact that Hydra is a secondary damage source that allows you to run around, I hadn't even considered that. Due to the game's popularity, every google search just leads to fake SEO-optimized pages that wants you to buy "the ultimate strategy that Blizzard doesn't want you to know about".

So, how are people here building up their wizards (and other characters)? I'm based around the passive ability that gives 20% extra damage to chilled and frozen targets, so blizzard + ray of frost + frost nova + ice armor means I can tear through groups really quickly without them reaching me, and with the rune that increases ray of frost damage over time, bigger targets go down fast too, and then I keep diamond armor as a panic button.