Sign in to follow this  
toblix

I'm rich!

So, how well would importing a US Wii to Europe work? I haven't found any information about it or comments from people who've tried it. I'm especially interested in how the online stuff would work (if at all). Is there as of yet any indication there'll be lot of cool games for the US that won't come out in Europe, or is it just statistics?

Also, to the ICO team: Way to fucking make it hard to judge jumps so that I have to replay parts of the game many times, assholes!

Can't you wait 14 days for the european release? :mock: It'd be funny if you order the thing overseas and it takes longer than that... :P

So, how well would importing a US Wii to Europe work?

Quite aweful. Unless you know somebody in the US that buys it and ships it to you. Customs just loves to stall things like that for a couple of weeks.

I wasn't really thinking about release dates. I was thinking about games that come out earlier (or even at all) in the US.

Yeah... I don't know why you guys put up with getting screwed with so many releases.

"OH YEAH EUROPE!? YOU THINK THIS GAME LOOKS COOL!? TOO BAD!!"

"We've found that Europe doesn't mind waiting for things. They're downright jolly about it."

Seriously... there should be some sort of uprising.

It has been a long time since your Europeans busted out the guillotines. C'mon, let's have us a good ol' fashioned EU-wide uprising. We could even call it the Nintendo Revolution, thus pleasing stubborn fanboys everywhere.

Guillotines are so 18th Century.

Though, it has a sense of style and elegance that only the French can bring to executions. Far more aesthetic than, say, a hanging.

we need some kind of next-gen guillotine

Ok, but then we'd need two version.

First, the Premium Pack featuring HDSteel and XtremeSharpness© technologies which enable the guillotine to cut the fatest of the necks available, such as aristocrats', nobles' and royalties'.

And next to it, you'd have the CorePack looking the same as the PremiumPack but without the aforementionned technologies, making NextGen HeadSevering only appliable to peasants, village idiots and chicken; i.e. thin necked third party products.

Of course, you can always update to the other version thanks to BloodyHands Points you can obtain by paying for them or by severing lots of peasants heads.

Now lik-sang is dead there isnt any point :(

*CRY*

;(

i was going to import for sure, but it doenst really make sense now, except for the controllers and stuff, may as well import those. Also i want to know if we can use american connect24 wii points, as the exchange rate for those is bullshit. we have to pay like 40% more than anyone else

You brits are being bullied because you're still using £, aren't you? If that's the case, wouldn't the best deal be to import everything from Europe?

You brits are being bullied because you're still using £, aren't you? If that's the case, wouldn't the best deal be to import everything from Europe?

heh.. people from europe often buy from play.com because it's cheaper than here

I would just wait it out, plus the NTSC to PAL conversion would be a pain in the ass.

However, Wii's are still going for near $400 USD on ebay.

I'm playing on an American Wii right now and I've got no problems with conversion on my cheap-ass TV whatsoever.

(I did blow up the power supply though, but that was due to my lack of know-how.)

Unless you have a TV is quite old the NTSC to PAL conversion is mostly irrelevant as the majority of TVs in europe have supported NTSC for many years now...