Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

Jack Thompson is back....

I'm really hoping they're in for a big shock, when they discover the game's actually about beating* the bullies -- not becoming one.

And everyone's favourite Jack will end up looking like the prize-winning cock we've always affectionately known him to be. Only this time, it'll be in front of a courtroom full of stuffy lawyers and scandal-hungry rag writers.

Say, "cheese," JT...

* Not in the GTA sense, mind.

*covers ears and closes eyes*

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!! NO SUCH THING AS THOMPSON!!! LA LA LA!

:cens0red: :cens0red: :cens0red:

On the other hand, judge will probably play the game and just realize that Jack is full of shit, so no harm done.

There's actually an actor called Jack Thompson. He played Anakin's stepfather in Attack of the Clones.

There's actually an actor called Jack Thompson. He played Anakin's stepfather in Attack of the Clones.

I bet he doesn't get any job offers anymore

My favorite internet author for some years now had the following to say in regards to Mr. Thompson:

He's a carnival barker telling you that the girl wearing green leotards is actually The Deadly Frog Woman of the Lost Rainforest, and if you touch her skin, the poison will kill you.... That's going to have to be Jack Thompson's nickname. Let's make it official.

I love Bill Harris.

He played Anakin's stepfather in Attack of the Clones.

Now I dont know which Jack Thompson is worse.

Now I dont know which Jack Thompson is worse.

easy, the one of the left is.

damn lefties

Surprise, surprise; he's already been defeated. Two days ago in fact, on Friday the 13th! :clap:

He's also had his emergency counter-action plans crushed mercilessly as well. I think he's starting to annoy more people than he's actually appealing to. His desperation is also now all too apparent:

When kids start showing up in ERs with slingshot wounds at the hands of Bully enthusiasts, don’t blame me.

Because violence of any kind never, ever happened before video games were invented, did it? And with you covering all your bases with such small-minded, hugely wide reaching claims, you'll always be able to prove yourself right no matter what the circumstance.

Kindly fuck off and lick your wounds in private, you complete waste of sperm.

Oh hell no. But I'm of the mind to give everyone a fair chance to get their point across.

Some people take longer than others, but I've finally decided that Jack Thompson doesn't have anything valuable to say -- he's just the perpetual Witchfinder General of the games industry, and does so almost completely without merit in the majority of cases.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/bully/jack-faces-jail-over-bully-209583.php

A fun follow up.

Take-Two Interactive lawyers have filed a motion to have Jack Thompson declared in contempt of court.

The motion requests that Judge Ronald Friendman, who sat on the hearing overseeing Thompson's failed attempt to have Bully banned, order the Floida lawyer to appear in court and defend himself against the contempt allegation.

If found in contempt, Thompson could face anything from fines, to censure or even jail time.

In his typical style, Thompson reacted with angry emails that he sent to the attorneys and judge and CCed to GamePolitics.

'You want to play hardball...? You want to try to throw me in jail? You have no idea what you are unleashing in doing this. You're at the brink..."

"If this court in any fashion proceeds toward issuing a show cause order, given its utter baselessness and the bad faith goo in which it slithers, then Thompson will add whatever judge should do so as a defendant in the aforementioned federal civil rights action..."

Man, I hope someone gets video of that hearing. HOT, HOT, HOT! Brian Crecente

Wooo! Everybody do the wave for Take Two's lawyers!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: :worship::worship::worship::worship:

...man, if I could stagger the timing on that, they'd totally be doing the wave. :getmecoat

'You want to play hardball...? You want to try to throw me in jail? You have no idea what you are unleashing in doing this. You're at the brink..."

Motherfucking Joe Pesci vibes right there.