HARD ... ROCK ... HALLELUJAH!

:getmecoat

At least we have the Eurovision song contest though, right? :violin:

HARD ... ROCK ... HALLELUJAH!

We're winning with that song.

EDIT: We won with that song.

We're winning with that song.

EDIT: We won with that song.

I didn't watch it except that song after it won, but congrats! That's a first for Finland, isn't it? You've usually been last or so.

I'm glad Finland "won", at least what they put forth was a bit original (still not great tho).

I'm glad Finland "won", at least what they put forth was a bit original (still not great tho).

I'm trying very hard to think of how it was original. Screaming and shouting, I've seen before (and sometimes to better effect, too..) And underneath the screaming and shouting was a very, very typical Eurovision formula melody.

So, yeah. Original... :shifty:

Wait, wait. They had masks. Err, nope. Also done before.

Oh, how I am completely indifferent towards the Eurovision Songfestival. With surges towards mild irritation.

For me, Eurovision is like, say, car accident : I know it exists, lots of people talk about it around me but in the end I feel like it happens to other people.

I'm trying very hard to think of how it was original. Screaming and shouting, I've seen before (and sometimes to better effect, too..) And underneath the screaming and shouting was a very, very typical Eurovision formula melody.

The song was shite, but if you compare the performance to the others in the top 10, I think it's pretty clearly different. Not original in the true sense of the word, but different from the usual fare.

(I split these posts from the Sony thread.)

I was doing some work on my laptop while someone else was watching the show. It was the first time I'd been exposed to it in many many years. What has it become??? (Or was it always this way?) How can people tolerate this? It's like some circus show where all you can do is eat cotton candy and if you don't eat enough cotton candy a troupe of scary dancing clowns will come along and stuff it down your throat and keep stuffing it in until you die of sugar overdose.

I don't know if that's supposed to be a real metaphor.

Idols

Big Brother

Eurovision song contest

Temptation Island

celebrity dancing stuff

next top model

it's all the same crap

Idols is slightly more respectable. But yeah it's like choosing which poo is more awesome.

Just watched the song (here). Didn't even know Eurovision was yesterday, I never watch it, still I found their performance not so bad, or at least unexpected. Good thing Finland wins with some kind of hard rock song.

Well, show's over but if it makes a hit, someone, somewhere might want to "translate" it into Freetar hero...:grin:

But yeah it's like choosing which poo is more awesome.

I seriously hope no TV producer is reading this forum.

I seriously hope no TV producer is reading this forum.
You can tell it to their face and they wouldn't be offended.

You can tell it to their face and they wouldn't be offended.

I think elmuerte meant that some producer may get the idea to do a show about choosing which poo is more awesome :eek:

In Canada we have that. It's called "CTV vs CBC." It basically consists of Canadians having to choose between our two fairly crappy national networks, both of which have approximately one good show on at the moment.

So apparently Australia is being allowed to compete in Eurovision this year, in part because SBS, the all-purpose multicultural station, puts on a Eurovision show with Australian commentators that rates quite well.

We have a real soft spot for incredibly daggy European music, so Eurovision-senpai noticing us is thrilling, but it's also really conflicting. On the one hand, it'll be more fun than ever to mock the terrible decisions of the contestants. On the other hand, we've either got to send someone deeply humiliating, or we cheat and blow the opportunity to really get into the spirit of Eurovision, which is making everyone else in Europe wonder just how dire your music industry is.

For some reason, the Australian papers are captivated by the idea of Australia winning and thus being allowed to host and compete again next year, which is not going to happen in a million years.

This is certainly one of the few times that this particular thinking of the wrong country blunder has gone off this way and not the other way around.

Yeah, if we do well it'll be because Austria put on a good performance.

It appears one of the frontrunners for our Eurovision entry is to reform 90s band TISM. Here's some TISM:

They may appear to be a novelty band. You would be mistaken; they are literally called This Is Serious Mum.

At the very least it'll be better than Kylie.

I remember them. Weren't they the lot who would insist on conducting interviews in car parks with megaphones or whatever? Or was that someone else?

Also, if you won, wouldn't it not only mean that you got to compete again, but also that the following competition would be held in Australia? That'd be an expensive year for the annual attendees.