Sign in to follow this  
SpiderMonkey

Exchange rate o_O

What's up with the dollar exchange rate at the moment?? www.xe.com says it's about 53 pence (sterling) to 1 dollar. :eek:

If my credit card company's exchange rate is tracking that, then I just got HL2: Episode 1 for a mighty £11.50. :clap::tup::yep:

Yeah, Spaff checked out the exchange rate last night as he happens to be heading to America today.... he nearly exploded in delight. That's absolutely ridiculous. Although I think he said it was 50 pence to 1 dollar.

I think he was looking up digital camcorders, and established that he could save something like £50 if he bought it in America.

£50 = $100 by the way... in case you had trouble figuring out the math. HA HA HA HA.

Hmm... the UK is apperently doing better, euro - dollar isn't much different, but euro - pound has changed (1 pound is now 1.57 euro instead of 1.47 like it was the last time I checked).

No gain for me :(

Yeah, the US dollar is dropping fast, which is great for us non-USians. The exchange rate here hit 90 cents on the dollar for the first time in my lifetime. Great for importers.

(Kinda shitty for exporters though.)

It's pretty sweet to be a Canuck right now. I think when I was born it was around 80 cents US, followed by hovering around 60 for most of the rest of my life. This makes me feel richer than ever at my crappy little customer service job!

Hmm... the UK is apperently doing better, euro - dollar isn't much different, but euro - pound has changed (1 pound is now 1.57 euro instead of 1.47 like it was the last time I checked).

No gain for me :(

When I went to Europe last month, it was 1.30 - 1.40 euro US dollars to the US dollar 1 euro. When I went during the Clinton administration, it was $.90 to a euro. Big damn difference. Sucky for us ugly Americans.

EDIT: I am not on top of my game.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I mean, uh, hope you recover soon. :~

When I went to Europe last month, it was 1.30 - 1.40 euro to the US dollar. When I went during the Clinton administration, it was .90 to a dollar. Big damn difference. Sucky for us ugly Americans.

Uhm... the Euro became active in 2002, Clinton served until early 2001.

And the current excange rate is 0.78 euro for 1 dollar

http://www.google.com/search?q=euro+in+dollar

http://www.google.com/search?q=dollar+in+euro

Coinage & bills in 2002, but the currencies were already connected to the euro earlier than that.

Yeah, when I was there they had prices in both the country's currency and euros to get people used to it. So right now it's about $1.27 to 1 euro, so that's close to $1.30.

(also, I edited my inverse description, in which I said euro to dollars instead of dollars to euros.)

I am in America, I laugh at the hige pile of games and DVDs I just bought...

I got New super mario bros, brain training, metroid prime and Tetris for just over $100.... thats £53 or so...

Iin england that would have cost me over £100

Oh man, my nipples explode with delight.

Take me to your electronics!

Colorado...

He's only there a few days, so if you want to bring him gifts and wine and money, you don't have long. Sorry Ed, but sometimes you miss out on the chances in life. You'll get another chance in not too long though, I'm sure.

I do have a P.O. box address that you can forward presents to though, and I'm working on getting a wishlist set up on amazon, so don't panic.

I figure that once everybody on the internet finds out I'm female, they'll perve all over me like GameLife's Melissa, and I can blag lots of free crap.

Since everything is so cheap in America though, you might as well just start buying me things now though.

I figure that once everybody on the internet finds out I'm female, they'll perve all over me like GameLife's Melissa, and I can blag lots of free crap.

You gotta put yourself on video first, THEN the internet will become abuzz with cries of "OMFG!!! B00BZ!!!"

In America, money exchanges you!

I thought that was in russia

You gotta put yourself on video first, THEN the internet will become abuzz with cries of "OMFG!!! B00BZ!!!"

Or write an article about using the guitar hero controller as a sex aid. Or something.

or KILL ALL HUMANS ... pffft why do people long for fame - it's so easy to get...