Spaff

Gamelife Episode 3: somehow it still lives

Yeah, wait for them to brag about something first.

Did they: Play a demo build? See new consoles? Crash a demo build? See a "booth babe"? Get seperated in the crowd? Get a T-Shirt? Be handed something by a "booth babe"? Steal a trinket or five from some company's booth? Get into an "exclusive" screening? Steal a demo build? Wait in line to see a trailer that's been on IGN for 2 days? Talk to a "booth babe"? Get a beer? Hit on a "booth babe" in a self-effacing manner? All very exciting and unique stuff that we should all hear about.

Yeah, wait for them to brag about something first.

Did they: Play a demo build? See new consoles? Crash a demo build? See a "booth babe"? Get seperated in the crowd? Get a T-Shirt? Be handed something by a "booth babe"? Steal a trinket or five from some company's booth? Get into an "exclusive" screening? Steal a demo build? Wait in line to see a trailer that's been on IGN for 2 days? Talk to a "booth babe"? Get a beer? Hit on a "booth babe" in a self-effacing manner? All very exciting and unique stuff that we should all hear about.

Metallus, you have just written us a drinking game for the next GL episode! Let me put it in a better format. I also added a couple of my own:

The E3 GameLife Drinking Game

On the E3 episode of GameLife, if you see them do any of these things, or hear them talk about any of these things:

Take one drink:

• Play a demo build
  • See new consoles
  • See a "booth babe"
  • Get a T-Shirt
  • Be handed something by a "booth babe"
  • Wait in line to see a trailer that's been on IGN for 2 days

Take two drinks:

• Crash a demo build
  • Get separated in the crowd
  • Talk to a "booth babe"
  • Get into an "exclusive" screening
  • Get recognized by "fans"

Take three drinks:

• Touch a "booth babe"
  • Steal a trinket or five from some company's booth
  • Steal a demo build
  • Get a beer
  • Hit on a "booth babe" in a self-effacing manner
  • Sign autographs for "fans"

--------

Feel free to add more.

take a drink every time you can't understand what that small sexually confused one says.

every time they mention anything from nintendo.

Take a drink everytime they review a game and score it higher than 9. You'll be drunk soon.

game-life-evil-man.jpg

This guy, their Ziff Media handler I guess, may be the creepiest of all.

Except for Geoff of course, who will need to register as a sex offender at some point.

From gamelifeshow.com

"*update* 1UP Show interview with GameLife is online, 3/4 into the episode (thanks Marek)."

We are being watched ¬¬

If you're not careful, Marek, you'll be even hotter than Chris Remo in his prime.

[ADDED] OK, I finally found the time and bravery to watch episode 3 of Gamelife. It's amazing. It caresses the ear just hearing these people sing their sweet lullabies of gaming.

[ADDED] Jesus, I can speak clearer and more convincingly American than these guys.

This does make me want to make my own show though.

That must be weird as hell. Did you actually help them? Will you be leaving the Thumb for a lucrative broadcasting deal?

Also, please kill one of the group if you should meet them. Anyone will do.

I finally watched ep3 too. ...yikes. The thing about it is...well...see what I think the...I just...oh man I can't do this I have to leave! *runs*

When i watch it i like to play spot the handicap, where you try and guess what exactly is wrong with each host, I'm a bit stuck though...

If they do read the forum lets just hope that whatever is wrong with them impedes their literacy, as well as their speech, otherwise it could be harsh, funny but harsh.

In light of the revelation that they possibly are actually MENCAP and have likely read this thread.. I feel a bit wrong for my earlier post >_<

I feel a bit wrong for my earlier post >_<

You should feel wrong, Kenty. It was a horrible post. I give it a 9.5 out of 10. :tup:

Aww, come on. This is most likely the absolute high point of their lives, so just let them enjoy it.

The question I'm asking myself is: did they actually do anything good enough to grant them that opportunity?

They probably just google themselves every now and then to see what forums are talking about them. Constant desire for the internet's approval. Marek, I can't recall, but did you say anything nice about them? If so, I'm somewhat disillusioned.

Marek probably just said somewhere that the 1Up Show was up. Their interview is pretty funny. Also kinda mean, I guess, but everyone just seems to have a bit of fun with the Gamelife people.

I loved the rest of that 1Up episode as well, by the way. Just those two persons (the Asian woman and someone nicknamed Fish?) walking casually through E3 spilling their mind on everything without getting torn by hype. Of course they were apparantly extremely tired (day 3 after all), but the casualness was refreshing amidst all the screaminess of E3.

The 1UP Show is a really mixed bag. But I really, really like their attitude and I watch it every week. 1UP show at its best beats pretty much any American games show out there (which includes some of the interviews and event reports they've done), 1UP show at its worst is ... erm ... well ... :violin:. But that's okay, you can't hit perfect homeruns every time on a low-budget sideproject show like this.

They also got briefly mentioned in the 1UP Yours podcast 12th May (about 20mins in), one of the guys came out with an interesting/disturbing comment:

"The real celebrities were at E3 today, it was the gaminglife dudes..."

"Patrick interviewed them and apparently their dad is like an evil Svengali who runs the show, like they're just a front, that's what I heard...."

so that scary fucker is their dad?

that frightens and worries me greatly.