Spaff

Gamelife Episode 3: somehow it still lives

Wow the comments to that post are way overblown. The interviewer was being a bit of a prick but, honestly, how could you seriously interview those guys and not have the most boring interview ever recorded?

Oh whatever, maybe I'll just join in. "SCANDALOUS! UNPROFESSIONAL! 1UP MUST APOLOGIZE!"

I thought they struck the right tone. GameLife have become as big as they are because people laugh at them. The whole "they are big because they are authentic and real and sincere" high horse that some of those posters are riding on is pretty retarded.

Given that, I thought the interviewer did a pretty decent job of being suitably respectful while also acknowledging that people would watch because they wanted to see them say some dumb things. He could've pushed it in much more of a "say something funny, go on, say something, anything" direction, but he didn't.

He was riding the edge when he started urging them to kick an imaginary door down, but naww, he didn't go too far.

I agree with everything Spidermonkey said.

"Patrick interviewed them and apparently their dad is like an evil Svengali who runs the show, like they're just a front, that's what I heard...."

I totally called that! The very first time I saw an episode (#2), I figured it went down like that...

Dad: "Hey kids, you guys need a hobby!"

Andrew: "No...dad we...just like playing...VIDEO-games."

Dad: "Well then why don't you make a little show about it! You can borrow my camera and I can edit it for you!"

Andrew: "Fine...DAD...I can be...the HOSTandAlexcan...uhhhh...be ummmmm...THE co-host!" *points at Alex*

Geoff: "Bllaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!"

GameLife rules!!! :yep::tup:

Okay I don't know what to make of GameLife anymore.

Agreed. People laugh at them, including me.

Whether that makes me an asshole or not I don't really care, but I actually respect that they have kept going and don't give a shit i guess Yeah it could be their mental capacity, but maybe it's not. Whatever I'm still going to watch their E3 show.

The Halo kid is easily the worst of them. I loved the response from the host in the last video.

"Absolutely"

:hah: :hah: :hah: I'm pretty sure that kid is broken.