Intrepid Homoludens

Just what ARE you playing right now?

You are problably all aware of this, but this Yathse person has a really funny homepage, http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/

in which he is bickering in a hilarious hatefull way about whatever comes to his mind - in other words - recommended....

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm also playing gunbound, which is free from http://www.gunbound.net -- I wish it were out for OSX so I could play it at work :(

Gunbound is excellent, in an incredibly hardcore way, and despite the fact I only played it about twice. It goes nuts if you try to type the ¬ character, which is a major flaw as far as I'm concerned, but other than that it's great. As Penny Arcade so excellently observed, any game where you're a giant lizard in a tank or something has got to be good. Anyway, what's your name in it so I can stalk you? Don't bother being evasive, I'll just keep asking until you capitulate.

nurseanim.gif

Hahahahaha!! Oh, come on now! If I can beat it, so can you!

After spending about 4 repetative hours on it at one point I pretty much gave up, I've played the whole game through up to that level like 3 times, but that final victory just eludes me. One day I'll sit down and give it another shot, howver my skills have deteriorated from lack of use. Maybe I should just start over again.

Silent Storm and Thief 3.

And the day-to-day game I like to call...

...life!

And the day-to-day game I like to call...

...life!

Life is such a badly designed game. I mean, you can walk off a cliff and die! And it has dead ends and mazes! And you can't even save.

Life sucks.

--Erwin

Life is such a badly designed game. I mean, you can walk off a cliff and die! And it has dead ends and mazes! And you can't even save.

Life sucks.

--Erwin

And the inventory system is terrible. I can't even fit a SMALL ladder into my pocket.

he used to write a decently entertaining column for Adventure Developers, back when that was a site. I don't know if anyone else actually found it entertaining, but Yahtzee's column is what got me interested in amateur adventuremaking int he first place.

Ouch. Please don't remind me of that HORRIBLE day when we lost all our content in the annual LFN server crash. :hmph: I should've made backups, goddamnit.

--Erwin

I can't even fit a SMALL ladder into my pocket.

Not even early in the morning when you just wake up???

I'm sorry for you, man :frown:

--Erwin

Not even early in the morning when you just wake up???

I'm sorry for you, man :frown:

--Erwin

Well, of course when that's the case there's no room in there for ANYTHING else, let alone ladders.

Well, of course when that's the case there's no room in there for ANYTHING else, let alone ladders.

Is that a ladder in your pocket, or...?

--Erwin

Life has its good sides and bad sides, and I feel it's a good example of a good design being poorly implemented.

I give it three out of five stars*.

Note:There's talk of a patch, and a sequel.

Pros:

+ Excellent graphics, although that varies from player to player (some players claim not to have graphics at all)

+ Lots of sub-quests. Most of them aren't fed-ex quests either.

+ Gradual learning curve.

+ I hear the sex is great.

Cons:

- Very unforgiving gameplay. There's plenty of risk in everything from dialogue and combat to crossing the street to toasting loaves of bread while taking a relaxing bath.

- Dialogue and interaction system is too complicated.

- The money system is too complex.

- I miss a good storyline. Subquests are great, but so far it's been too non-linear.

*Note that this review is based on having just played the first 20 or so years. In the country my player started in there's supposedly 76 years of so of play time before the end.

Right now, I'm concentrating on City of Heroes.

Ditto, I stopped playing COH briefly because I got a little bored of it. I now realise that it gets alot better once you finally finish trudginf through clockwork *D

Also I recently stopped playing planetside and never winter nights as they took it in turns to take over my life.

And at the LAN we had at the weekend we where on Quake 3, Quake 2 rail arena, Counter Strike, Starcraft and Diablo 2.

We didn't finish Diablo 2 so I think there are plans to continue that sometime.

What's this "Gunbound"?

Gunbound.

It's like the ancient "tanks" game but more complicated, and multiplayer (online), and you play a strange creature driving around in a strange vehicle with speech bubbles above your head and everything.

We didn't finish Diablo 2 so I think there are plans to continue that sometime.

Ahh, Diablo 2. The game that keeps on giving...

Gunbound.

It's like the ancient "tanks" game but more complicated, and multiplayer (online), and you play a strange creature driving around in a strange vehicle with speech bubbles above your head and everything.

It's kind of turn-based strategy, but not quite. Download it and give it a try :)

Here at the Thumb we prefer to leave our reviews unscored. ¬

Here at the Thumb we prefer to leave our reviews unscored. ¬

In that case, I'll have to take away one star and rate this site with 4 out of 5. :D

--Erwin

jp, have you reached von Beck's Revenge in Emperor's Tomb yet?

No, but no I feel scared.

I'm in istanbul still, dicking around having just smashed a hole in a wall with a giant head on a crane.

No, but no I feel scared.

I'm in istanbul still, dicking around having just smashed a hole in a wall with a giant head on a crane.

Ah - you just wait until LATER ;)...

Life has its good sides and bad sides, and I feel it's a good example of a good design being poorly implemented.

Note:There's talk of a patch, and a sequel.

Pros:

+ Excellent graphics, although that varies from player to player (some players claim not to have graphics at all)

+ Lots of sub-quests. Most of them aren't fed-ex quests either.

+ Gradual learning curve.

+ I hear the sex is great.

Cons:

- Very unforgiving gameplay. There's plenty of risk in everything from dialogue and combat to crossing the street to toasting loaves of bread while taking a relaxing bath.

- Dialogue and interaction system is too complicated.

- The money system is too complex.

- I miss a good storyline. Subquests are great, but so far it's been too non-linear.

*Note that this review is based on having just played the first 20 or so years. In the country my player started in there's supposedly 76 years of so of play time before the end.

*D:clap::clap::clap:

Well basically I'm waiting for ground control 2, and next to waiting for that game I play Enemy Territory online with my clan :)

But the last few days I've hardly touched my pc since I think I got RSI :frown: and I want to be able to use my hands a little bit longer without excuciationg pain...