Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Suspect Advice from Suspect Characters

Wow. How in the hell did someone asking about advice on how to get her boyfriend to pay more attention to her turn into, "Sweet Jebus, show us a picture. I can't decide if you should stay with him or not if I don't know how ugly you are!" It's comments and people like that that remind me why I've lost all hope and respect for the human race.

And hey, like Yufster said, she'd feel threated by the pretty girl and repulsed by the overweight "ugly" one.

So it looks like Vlynn is damned either way, and basically any other female you would happen to stumble upon.

This thread has gone to hell either way. There's no way of salvaging it.

Why would a pretty girl threaten you anyway? I'm always pro-gamer girls because there's so few of us. The way I figure it, the more the merrier and besides, I would love to have some girls who could game with me and then talk about cute guys. =)

There will be prettier girls out there, but it doesn't matter because they're other people.

There's no need to get territorial on Idlethumbs.

Wow. How in the hell did someone asking about advice on how to get her boyfriend to pay more attention to her turn into, "Sweet Jebus, show us a picture. I can't decide if you should stay with him or not if I don't know how ugly you are!" It's comments and people like that that remind me why I've lost all hope and respect for the human race.

And hey, like Yufster said, she'd feel threated by the pretty girl and repulsed by the overweight "ugly" one.

So it looks like Vlynn is damned either way, and basically any other female you would happen to stumble upon.

Really you have to know these people to realize that Yufster is kidding. At least, I think she's kidding. I can never quite tell, strage sense of humor that one.... :shifty::shifty::shifty:

You'd do well to note that many people gave actual advice in the real thread.

As this is the internet, someone was bound to make light of her and make jokes at her expense just based on the fact that her first post was asking for such personal advice from strangers. Is that sad? Probably. Welcome to the internet.

This post brought to you by the people at: :buyme:. It can melt a nail if the nail is soaked in :buyme: for a week.

Maybe it's time to abandon this thread, eh? Seems like most of the post are better off in Idle Banter instead of General Gaming.

To Iselyn and Knar: please note that this thread is no longer technically the thread in which the Vlynn asked for advice. That is here. Please do not come into this thread and troll/flame people for having some light-hearted fun.

Also this is not a debate, and as such I will not be responding directly to any posts made here that take this thread further off course

:period:

To Iselyn and Knar: please note that this thread is no longer technically the thread in which the Vlynn asked for advice. That is here. Please do not come into this thread and troll/flame people for having some light-hearted fun.

Also this is not a debate, and as such I will not be responding directly to any posts made here that take this thread further off course

:period:

HAN: No. Well, wait. This is interesting. Lando.

He points to a computer mapscreen on the control panel.

Leia slips out of her chair and moves next to the handsome

pilot. Small light points representing several systems flash

by on the computer screen.

LEIA: Lando system?

HAN: Lando's not a system, he's a man. Lando Calrissian. He's a card

player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.

LEIA: Thanks.

HAN: Bespin. It's pretty far, but I think we can make it.

LEIA: (reading from the computer) A mining colony?

HAN: Yeah, a Tibanna gas mine. Lando conned somebody out of it. We go

back a long way, Lando and me.

LEIA: Can you trust him?

HAN: No. But he has no love for the Empire, I can tell you that.

(is that off course enough?)

Sorry about ranting all, but it's just a pet peeve that I have. And I must apologize to Yufster if I misunderstood her humor, but girls can be territorial.

I had a friend admit to me once, that I was lucky that she was dating one of the guys in the computer club, when she first met me. Else, she would have tried to make it mighty uncomfortable to me. I thought the guys were a bunch of fun guys, and i wanted to just hang out with them. Or when you got really bad vibes from another girl. Sometimes, when a female is the only female in the group, they like the attention - any other female is seen as a threat. It's petty, but it exists.

There's also been other instances in my life where I was not well received by another female, and I find it counterproductive.

I'm so territorial I pee all over the house so that everybody knows I live here, also sometimes I pee with excitement, in my pants.

- YUFSTER

I'm so territorial I pee all over the house so that everybody knows I live here, also sometimes I pee with excitement, in my pants.

- YUFSTER

Do you spray or gush?

I'd give neither one any comfort. I'd feel threatened by the prettier girl, and disgusted and repelled by the fat one.

- Yufster

Oh my god! I've been lurking on the Thumbs forum for ages but never had the courage to post (the Thumbs forums denizens are a scary lot!) but this post finally forced me to post.

I hope it was a joke. If not, no offense but it's one of the most disgusting thing that I have ever read anywhere.

;(

Back to lurking...

No! Stay! And welcome to the forums. Reform from your lurking ways as I have, and embrace the awesome of this place.

I hope it was a joke. If not, no offense but it's one of the most disgusting thing that I have ever read anywhere.

Then clearly you haven't been lurking here as long as you claim.

I cough up things more disgusting than that before 9 AM. Then chew 'em up, spit 'em on a plate, douse 'em in hot sauce and call it breakfast.

("You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?")

What, you saying you're too good to eat shit for breakfast?

Man. You used to be cool.

Is there maybe something either of you two (Chris and loonyboi) need to tell us about your little stay at Quakecon? I mean it's "okay" just tell us. Hmm?

Excellent observation. While it is completely the opposite of what you might expect, we do not talk about games in threads that are not about games. :shifty: