Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Futurama movie coming!

IGN reports from the Comic Con 2005 at San Diego that a new Futurama Direct-to-Video movie has been greenlit by Fox. ALSO there is an option for a second movie!!!

:yep::clap::woohoo::tup::tup::tup::worship::eyebrow::wtf:

I believe Matt Groening had the rights to three movies or something? Anyway, great news.

I heard quite some time ago that they're gonna finish unfinished episodes (Fox cancelled it before they were done) and release them on DVD.

But this is better, YAY!

pic041.gif

I heard quite some time ago that they're gonna finish unfinished episodes (Fox cancelled it before they were done) and release them on DVD.

But this is better, YAY!

I want both! Can't we have both? :clap:

--Erwin

I still wonder why all the shows *I'm* interested in get canned. Futurama, Enterprise, Carnivale... It's crazy. I'm glad they at least resurrected Family Guy.

--Erwin

Yeah, and now Arrested Development is in limbo. And the Futurama cancellation is a scarr in entertainment history, it's right up there with Soap.

I blame MTV and reality shows for changing television for the worse. But the blame should mainly go to the idiot, greedy TV executives (especially at Fox). Futurama had a joke that the robot executives just roll a dice to decide which ever type shows to invest in, it's probably the way it's done. :shifty:

They don't care about us poor slubs.

Yeah, and now Arrested Development is in limbo. And the Futurama cancellation is a scarr in entertainment history, it's right up there with Soap.

:confused: Arrested Development's already been renewed for a third season...

Yeah, Arrested Development is returning. Trust me, when I get into a new Fox show, the first thing I do is look to see how recently it was cancelled. Imagine my surprise when AD turned out to not be cancelled at all :)

Fox is especially guilty of undermining good shows with scheduling crappiness. Firefly and Wonderfalls are my two biggest recent examples. Both got the Friday night slot which guaranteed that nobody would ever see it. Then there was Futurama, which got the Sunday evening slot that guaranteed it would never even air because of the NFL. What just amazes me beyond belief is that shows like Wonderfalls, with pretty high production values, aren't even allowed to run their full season before being yanked off the air. I mean, they've paid for the episodes already, so what the hell?

What just amazes me beyond belief is that shows like Wonderfalls, with pretty high production values, aren't even allowed to run their full season before being yanked off the air. I mean, they've paid for the episodes already, so what the hell?

Here's an unfortunately broad question: what's Wonderfalls like? It's never aired here, and considering it had like four episodes in the US before being shelved, it probably never will be. I've only heard good (yet inspecific) things, though, so I was thinking about getting the whole thing on DVD. I'm hesitant for obvious reasons. I know all the basics of the show, and it doesn't sound immediately appealing, but that doesn't really mean anything. So what makes it good? You think it's worth getting?

Whoa, sorry to put you on the spot like that. I am pretty encouraged by the fact that you like it. :)

Arrested Development is probably my favorite show right now, they say it's not very successful in America, and knowing Fox that's enough for them to cancel.

One of the few shows that keep me sane is going nowhere... things are fine.

Arrested Development is probably my favorite show right now, they say it's not very successful in America, and knowing Fox that's enough for them to cancel.

One of the few shows that keep me sane is going nowhere... things are fine.

Really? Everyone I know has, if not watched it, "heard good things" about it. Actually, come to think of it, most of the people I know say "Oh, yeah, everyone seems to like that show, but I've never watched it myself."

To cheer yourself up, pick up these deceased shows on DVD:

Dead Like Me Season 1

Dead Like Me Season 2

Wonderfalls

Firefly

Greg the Bunny

I heavily recommend them all if you've not seen them before. Watching Dead Like Me will make you very angry at Showtime for cancelling it. Greg the Bunny does not, for some reason, appeal to everyone. I happen to think it's hilarious, though :)

I remember Jason Bateman saying in an interview pre-last years Emmy's that "hopefully the show will receive more attention now that it's nominated for an Emmy" (an indirect quote).

And all I hear is Arrested Development is getting cancelled and that it's not very popular, I even remember petitions against it being cancelled.

Am I that misinformed?

Thanks for the recommendations (and for caring about my near insane state of mind). :)

I remember Jason Bateman saying in an interview pre-last years Emmy's that "hopefully the show will receive more attention now that it's nominated for an Emmy" (an indirect quote).

And all I hear is Arrested Development is getting cancelled and that it's not very popular, I even remember petitions against it being cancelled.

Am I that misinformed?

Renewed for 2005-2006 season = not getting cancelled. :shifty:

Really? I haven't seen tonight's yet, but I've been pretty happy with most of the episodes so far. The series premiere wasn't so good, and the one with Meg becoming a spoiled star wasn't so great. Apart from that, it seems okay to me.

The new season of Family Guy has been inconsistent, but it's still pretty good. I'm liking American Dad too, it's definitely picked up since the first two episodes.

The new season of Family Guy has been inconsistent, but it's still pretty good. I'm liking American Dad too, it's definitely picked up since the first two episodes.

Agreed. Have there been episodes the last two weeks, or does my tivo just hate me?

Tabacco, I applaud your taste in TV. I happen to own every set that you mentioned below and love all of them to death. Another one worth picking up is the live action version of Ben Edlund's "The Tick." It only lasted 13 episodes, at a half hour each, but was very well done. Look into it first, because it's really a love it or hate it thing, but Patrick Warburton makes a fantastic obliviously naiive superhero and the rest of the casting is pretty spot on as well. More a "Sitcom-starring-superheros" than anything else, but good.

Also, if anyone is into the documentary-series style of show but (like me) absolutely hates Michael Moore, Penn and Teller have a show on Showtime called "Bullshit!" that has two DVD sets out. Good stuff, good stuff.