SoccerDude28

Psychonauts PC Demo out

Exciting times. It's a whopping 468MB download, and I'll have the game itself very soon, but I feel I need this to tide me over another week. Only 14% in, but even reading the readme is exciting. Looks like they made an effort with the gamepad customisation/troubleshooting, which pleases me.

ChooseSteveo - I had a look around, but Gamespot was the only site I could find with the demo right now. A case of registering for probably the one and only time I need the extended Gamespot stuff, for me.

Gamespot seems to be the only place. In a couple days it might show up elsewhere...

Oh, jeez. I'm going to want to buy the game so much, when I try this demo, yet I don't have any money. This'll be something akin to torture..

I've put up a list of mirrors on Mixnmojo ... here

there are some torrent mirrors, and also some http mirrors that don't require a user account.

I've played quite a bit aaaaaannnnnd... some things sucks but a lot and I mean A LOT rock.

There are too much good points to cite them all but here are a few : the characters are fantastic,the voices are over-good, the humour I know understand I missed so muchis definitely there and the level design is brilliant

However, lots of textures are blurry and some are higly pixelated(does that word exists ?), most of the protagonists seems poorly detailed compared to Raz (in termes of polygon I mean) and some part of the platformer are really frustrating -> I've been stuck at the swinging bars for 15 minutes because you couldn't find how to change the orientation on a bar... but that must be me.

Well, I think I'm in for a buy because everything I love about games is in there. To bad for the side points but hopefully minor corrections will b e made.

I'm HAAAPPPPYYYY. :grin::grin::grin:

I've been stuck at the swinging bars for 15 minutes because you couldn't find how to change the orientation on a bar...

I think it tells you to press 'f' in one of the popups that appears. By default 'f' seems to be the 'action' key for doing any object specific anythings (talk to someone, use an object, etc).

again: ladies and gentlemen, i love you. :)

i will be able to install the demo in around three hours -> no sleep tonight!!! :blink:

i'm so damn excited! :gaming::gaming::gaming::gaming:

I was playing Wolf:ET for two hours and the whole hell has broken loose in here while I was gone.

The campground area is really beautiful. Wow!

But I'm having some problems with the controls, as I feared. The button graphics are just grey buttons with numbers on 'em, and the correspondence with the buttons on my gamepad doesn't make much sense. Guess I just have to play around with the settings a bit and get used to it.

Jake, I'm guessing the Xbox version doesn't support 720p and widescreen, does it?

ever tried playing it with the keyboard?

Jake, I'm guessing the Xbox version doesn't support 720p and widescreen, does it?

No clue. Xbox.com says " HDTV 480p." They had it running on widescreen TV's at the launch party a couple weeks ago but we couldn't tell if it was squished or not. Most of the cutscenes were playing 4:3 if I remember correctly (?) but the game seemed to be supporting widescreen alright. It was hard to tell.

I just beat it and had no trouble at all, the only thing that bothered me was the target mini game, I couldn't beat it the second time for prizes no matter how hard I tried, I'm also wondering if you can get the metal cap kid across the mine field...

I want more! :yep:

I just beat it and had no trouble at all, the only thing that bothered me was the target mini game, I couldn't beat it the second time for prizes no matter how hard I tried, I'm also wondering if you can get the metal cap kid across the mine field...

Target mini game ?! Duh, I think I missed that. Where does it take place ?

And yes, you can get the kid through the mines.

geez, I just beat the demo in a rush because I didn't want to spoil the fun for the whole game and dammit it's good. Reaaaally good.

Target mini game ?! Duh, I think I missed that. Where does it take place ?

And yes, you can get the kid through the mines.

geez, I just beat the demo in a rush because I didn't want to spoil the fun for the whole game and dammit it's good. Reaaaally good.

You know, the part where you punch cut-up soldiers? You have to beat it to continue, to open a gate to be more specific... :erm:

3 more torturous hours at work, before I got to leave early (sick *Cough sick), and go download and enjoy psychonauts :( Did anyone manage to play the game with a controller?

I already razed the campground for every psi card I could find. Tomorrow I will have to rack coach oleander's mind to get every last bit of figment out of there :)

And ofcourse I smacked peeping tom every time I walk by him :)