Emma

Tell Us About Yourself

When you saw a link in a sig on the Dawn of War forums you say? :shifty:

That could well have been me, I hope so. Do you remember the name?

I thought it was Kingz, but when you get to be my age the memory starts to go, so it could very well be you, Nick.

Hey folks, I've been with this site since the beginning, and read Mojo for years before that, but only decided to become a forum member about 6 months ago. Now, I shall describe myself to you.

My real name is Peter Worthington, a moniker I share with an ultra-conservative newspaper columnist from the Toronto Sun. This was a problem when I was growing up in said city, but I have since moved to Calgary where this is less of a problem. I'm a youngun, 17 years old to be exact, and am off to my first year of Uni in the fall. Like Rodi, I own the Invader Zim house (w00t indeed!). I also own every system Nintendo has ever made (Virtual Boy included, a fact I wear as a badge of honour). I am fluent in Le Francais, but cannot figure out how to put accents into this box. First game played: Hugo's House of Horrors (anyone else remember that series?) which led me into many an adventure over the years.

...And that's me. If there's anything else you want to know, I guarantee nothing, but I may tell you. This forum rocks, etc etc, and now I shall return to my hole of gaming (read: basement) and continue with GTA (which, despite being 13 when GTAIII debuted, I have played every single one of on release. Suckers)

good day all, i' monturner and i got off to a naff self opinionated start on this forum. anyway, i've chilled somewhat and am introducing myself here (kinda obviously). More of a retro player, with dreamcast (rez, ikaruga) / n64 (goldeneye multiplayer / blast corps / mariokart) / ps1 (vib ribbon) still on the go. yes i own a gizmondo and rant on about it (possible too much?) but think its worth the buy.

Living in Leicester, UK where i work most evenings as a VJ for a few different club nights and gig at the odd bar/party. so, thats it briefly.

Cheers.

Hey Monty, can I call you Monty? Welcome to Idle Forums :)

Hi all, found this place through UK:Resistance (great site), thought as I'd been browsing the main feature pages for quite a while now I might as well sign on here and get it over with ;(

The name's Joe Griffin, hailing from the unmentionably dead-ended North-west of Ireland. I actually used to write under Spaff (ooh-er etc) some time ago, as a reviewer on the long-lost Converted2 site. Thankfully I've learned a bit since giving online (sock)fest Counter-Strike a 4/5 review. Although apparently not that much, as I'm in the process of signing up for a degree in games development :nuts:

On the games front, all-time faves would have to be The Longest Journey, System Shock 2, Full Throttle and Laser Squad (yep, the original one)

Anyway, look forward to seeing you all on the forums...

It's rather hilarious that you worked with Spaff way back on Converted2 and found Idle Thumbs through UK Resistance. Well done! And welcome.

Are you from actual Ireland? Like Donegal or some place? 'Cause so am I.

Not from Donegal mind you.

Is there some artificial Ireland somewhere? What does this mean?

*consults internet map*

So, by actual Ireland did you mean "not Northern Ireland?"

Sorry, I am dumb American! :confused:

I actually used to write under Spaff (ooh-er etc) some time ago, as a reviewer on the long-lost Converted2 site. Thankfully I've learned a bit since giving online (sock)fest Counter-Strike a 4/5 review. Although apparently not that much, as I'm in the process of signing up for a degree in games development :nuts:

Muaha! C^2!!! Amazing. I still don't know how I was bothered to do half of the goofy "texture" things I did in that site design... Web Archive miraculously has a version of the site with some images intact.

Sweet baby Jesus, I thought that place was lost to the ether long ago. And that's me on the top post (as the "secretly ironic but nobody got it anyway" Evilone). I'd lost all those reviews ages ago when my last comp died. And in hindsight, that was probably for the best :shifty:. The folly of youth indeed :frusty:

And in reply to ysbreker, me and the strangely named Sip-Ice and J-Muff took over running the site from Spaff around the time of that archive update, where it continued for about another year before UGO (or whoever it was that held ownership of the domain name) decided to hell with it, didn't renew our domain and some complete arse of a cybersquatter nabbed it. Bit of a crappy end really, I always had a soft spot for the place...

It's sad how TeleFragged managed to piss over so many young webmasters' dreams. I'm glad they're sort of small-time now. It makes the internet a slightly less wretched place.

Yeah, couldn't agree more. We were at the tail end of the seemingly mass culling of sites happening there at the time and didn't even get a warning. One day we were there, next we were gone. I had a few interviews for follow up work on other games sites, but by then I'd totally lost the heart for it :frown:

hi,

i just found this forum from looking for something to do with david doak (after his talk at the nft yesterday) and it looks like it'll be pretty interesting.

i'm a software programmer who is more a pc than console gamer, but my pc is getting on and i need to think about a new build.. and i'm a gameboy girl. always the gameboy.

hope you don't mind me knocking about!

lottie

It's sad how TeleFragged managed to piss over so many young webmasters' dreams. I'm glad they're sort of small-time now. It makes the internet a slightly less wretched place.
Speaking of telefragged, a few days ago I noticed the SCRAMM forum is still online. :eek:

PS. link - http://www.telefragged.com/message_boards/scramm/

Posting doesn't work though.