loonyboi

Games everyone likes (but really suck)

Twister, Chinese Checkers, Happy Families.

Also, KOTOR. I liked Sam n Max but it was the least favourite of those old adventure games. The Fucking Dig.

The quintessence of it would be Final Fantasy 7 which is completely the most overrated game ever and not even good at all. Also, The Longest Journey was kind of disappointing, which was also because of the puke-a-listic localization. Let's see... for the rest I'm pretty good. There's more stuff that is totally overrated, but nothing I really hate hate.

Halo 2 (or Halo with 2 Guns) and DOOM 3 (aka John Carmack's penis-in-hand Tech Demo)

Amen. With Halo 2, they took something decent, tried to make it better, and it turned out worse than before. And Doom 3... well, you put it best.

I gave up on Final Fantasy 7 after the first one and a half hours. What a snoozefest.

Monopoly is also way overrated. Almost everything is decided at the start. Worst gameplay ever.

Really overrated games:

Soul Calibur 1 & 2

Shush! Both Soul Calibur 1 & 2 are brilliant games. I strongly disagree that they are overrated.

I agree however that Halo and Golden eye are hugely overrated. Console fps' suck, end of story.

"Half-Life 2, even outside of its combat, felt like a wonky on-a-rail experience."

:grin:

So are you saying that a game has to absolutely be brand spanking new in anything to be 'amazing'?

No, I meant quite literally. In the platforming aspects of the game, which consisted mostly of running on walls, it felt like you were entering and exiting action loops, rather than actutally controlling the character. You were just deciding when to switch rails...the whole thing felt wierd to me.

As for Soul Calibur, its pathetic. It offers more neon than other 3d fighting games, and its worse in every other category.

I totally hate the whole Need for Speed series (i did like the first underground one... but i was bored at the time...) I also hate games that make me think too much and make up stupid rules you have to learn and that make no sense... so what I am saying is ... I HATE REAL TIME STRATEGY... GOD C&C and all that CRAP!

Oh and as far as Gran Tourismo is concerned... I think you have to like driving to like the games... as I love to drive any car at any time...

Diablo 2. My friend played it 3 times *in a row* in a very short time. Meanwhile I got bored somewhere in the middle and stopped playing.

KOTOR.
NO!! Hey... no.
The Fucking Dig.
Oh ********* yes.

To prevent myself from making more posts like this further along in the thread, I'll predict future posts and reply to them now:

I hate anywhere from 1 to 12 of Metallus's favorite games and will list them by name -OR- Hey, that game didn't suck half as much as Metallus (said it did)...
Fuck you you suck.
I like that one game you like! Rawk! And that other game you like also wasn't terrible. -OR- That game Metallus said sucks, sucks.
Dued rawk. <3

:pwned:

Grand Theft Auto 3. Just never did it for me in the same way that GTA1 did. Got bored after a week. It would've been better if I could've actually progressed in the game, and gotten new parts of city, by destroying stuff, like in the first one. But no, the only way to progress in GTA3 was to do the unbelievably boring missions, with equally lame story. Non-linear, my ass.

Doom 3. After all the hype, I was expecting something toally awesome and scary. Maybe it was just my mediocre system, but the scare-factor wore off by the time you started guessing where monsters would come out of. And you were right on the money all of the time, of course.

I agree on Sam and Max as well. Didn't play for more than a few hours until I got bored, and I haven't touched it since. And that was back when I still liked to play adventure games (or video games, although I still enjoy that occasionally).

Hmm, there's gotta be some more...

But, Castlevania!? Damn, Symphony of the Night is perhaps the greatest game, ever. It's pretty damn close anyway.

I think Halo's excellent (not groundbreaking, but really polished)[/Quote]

I loved the AI, graphics, squads, vehicles, and even the shield. I was just bored by the repetitive level design. But to be fair, I did not play it on an XBOX so could not experience the joy of coop mode that Jake had, and I never played it multi-player (which is one of its strong points). But the series has definitely tons of potential, and I hope they worked on the level designs a LOT more in Halo 2.

I loved the AI, graphics, squads, vehicles, and even the shield. I was just bored by the repetitive level design. But to be fair, I did not play it on an XBOX so could not experience the joy of coop mode that Jake had, and I never played it multi-player (which is one of its strong points). But the series has definitely tons of potential, and I hope they worked on the level designs a LOT more in Halo 2.

The level design in the first game had a lot of cheating to give the illusion of more content (repetition repetition repetition). But it was still a great game IMHO.

The sequel's good. Better in most respects.

Except for the return of the Flood. That was really annoying in both games.

my list

Starcraft (single player is alright, but I hated the multiplayer and the game wasn't that deep for an rts, I prefer Age of Empires and Rise of Nations)

Halo (coop is fun, but I thought the single player was terrible. Oddly enough, I liked Halo 2 a lot, huge improvements on level design)

Almost every game from Dreamcatcher, why do people keep buying them, and why do they all take place in Egypt.

Final Fantasy X, already mentioned this in an earlier post

Jedi Knight 2 (I think that Raven sucks at level design and the levels without the lightsaber are painful)

Most console rpgs bore me because of constant random encounters with enemies and turn based combat like in FF 1 and 2 (but not like KOTOR, which is actually turn based but doesn't feel like it)

I also hate games that make me think too much and make up stupid rules you have to learn and that make no sense... so what I am saying is ... I HATE REAL TIME STRATEGY... GOD C&C and all that CRAP!

This thread was intended for games you have a specific problem with, not genres you don't you like because you don't want to use your the lump of grey matter between your ears that has given rise to our glorious civilization. :finger:

This is the most retarded thread ever. Every single game that you people have complained about you don't like because it isn't exactly the kind of game that you like. Some people like games with an on-a-rail feeling. Some people like leveling up. Some people even like cut-scenes molded into a game. A game can't please everybody all of the time, so they do one thing very well most of the time and people end up liking it. It's not that the game's fans are idiots, it's just a different taste.

Edit: Crap, of all the words to mispell!

i would have to say the most over rated filth we have to deal with comes in the form of:

Halo (a well polished turd saved only by decent coop play that was removed from pc version :nuts::nuts::nuts: )

Gran Turismo (as interesting as driving to the shops with your gran)

Golden eye (big time, man that is a piece of SHIT!) :fart::fart::fart:

ANY American football or baseball game.... any of them.. all of them in fact.

sports management games (are you fucking crazy? :eek: )

:grin: So you're saying lailoken is too dumb to play those kinds of games. Okay.

Is there any implication in "make me think too much" besides that?

Halo (coop is fun, but I thought the single player was terrible. Oddly enough, I liked Halo 2 a lot, huge improvements on level design)

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree there, my friend. As far as the Campaign is concerned, Halo surpasses Halo 2 hands down. The level design in Halo, I feel, allowed for more freedom and strategy. Halo 2's levels, despite having really big, pretty skyboxes, always seemed really cramped--the areas where you can actually walk are very restricted. Also, I was intensely pissed off by the addition of the "invisible walls" in some levels. Halo was great because you could basically get away with anything you wanted to. So imagine my disappointment when I hijacked a Banshee on the Metropolis bridge, only to be flung into a small box where I'm allowed to fly.

Fuck that.

Over all, Halo 2 is still a pretty sweet game, but it isn't nearly as good as the first one.

Every single game that you people have complained about you don't like because it isn't exactly the kind of game that you like.

I don't think that's the case at all. I should have liked both BG&E and PoP, but I didn't because of flaws in the games themselves. Likewise with many of the other games people mentioned here.

Gran Turismo simply doesn't appeal to me, and I said as much.

This thread was intended for games you have a specific problem with, not genres you don't you like because you don't want to use your the lump of grey matter between your ears that has given rise to our glorious civilization. :finger:

A pox on Real Time Build Queue Management games I say! A pox!

I found basically every fighting game to be over-rated, with the possible exception of Bushido Blade. Those Kings Quest games were kinda crap too, but as a sad Ultima nerd I think I am required by the traditions of my people to think that.

Golden eye (big time, man that is a piece of SHIT!) :fart::fart::fart:

Yes! Every son-of-a-bitch I knew at university thought this game was the best thing ever and I thought it was a hideous unplayable morass.