BraveKnight

Does anyone play Doom or Doom 2 anymore?

Before this thread went to hell! I was just asking a simple question!

Its been a long time since I Played multiplayer against anyone online in doom!

stupid_thread.jpg

so some of you don't like FPSers? Doom is a classic, old school gaming. so what if you play one game thats not multiplayer, I'm a big fan of Doom since back in the day.

doom-face-assdnim.gif

WTF, why did you make another doom thread for basically the same purpose as the last thread? Anyway, I'd like to play Doom 1 or 2, as long as other Idle Thumb people would want to as well. What program would we use, Doom Legacy?

I would waste your asses. But we ought to use JDoom.

JDoom is awesome for single player, but I tried playing Deathmatch with someone else and it ran like crap. Actually, a lot of times when I play Doom online, it runs like crap. But it never ran well at all with JDoom. Doom Legacy seems to work pretty well online and I've never tried zDoom

I've played four player co-op with zDoom zDaemon, and the netcode is perfect, everything runs smoothly.

so some of you don't like FPSers? Doom is a classic, old school gaming. so what if you play one game thats not multiplayer, I'm a big fan of Doom since back in the day.

doom-face-assdnim.gif

You contributed to the derailing of the thread by smiley usage.

You have to know how to handle the Thumbers.... if you wait a while you get a real answer. :sartre:

Oh. I read Loom. With an L. When you mentioned multiplayer, a light bulb started to burn. A very little light bulb. More of a LED, really.

--Erwin

I'm up for Doom. I bought the Collector's Edition of 1 and 2 so that I could have a decent PocketPC game, but PC multiplayer is always good by me!

Mind you, I'm more interested in finding someone to play System Shock 2 with ;)...

I'm up for Doom. I bought the Collector's Edition of 1 and 2 so that I could have a decent PocketPC game, but PC multiplayer is always good by me!

Mind you, I'm more interested in finding someone to play System Shock 2 with ;)...

System Shock 2 multiplayer is actually cool, even though a ton of people seem to think it doesn't exist. It does make the game way easier though. If you have people just focusing on certain abilities, you can get into some areas pretty early on in the game.

System Shock 2 coop is superb! Why don't games have coop anymore? :sad:

probably because co-op is (supposedly) for mincing nancy boys, and "real men" only play deathmatch :shifty:

Doom multiplayer is righteous tho - I remember playing it back in the day using some weird little DOS app, dialing a bulletin board in London (from Glasgow - national rate phone calls = anally violated by British Telecom) and playing up to 4 player on my 14.4k modem!! :oldman:

man that was sweet.

although explaining to my mum why I needed her credit card to pay for playtime at some horribly exorbitant rate was less amusing...

so yeah, I would be up for a deathmatch if anyone wants it brought to them with 84mph scale speed marine sprinting shotgun duel marine skillz :gaming:

At least two modern doom engines have been referenced in this thread alone. Surely you could find something that would help you out :)

Didn't I start a topic about this ages ago? Or was it Tetris...?

Erhm, yes, it was Tetris... ¬¬

Doom is cool... I still play it... And I've been doing maps for both Doom & Doom 2 for ages, I just haven't finished a single one of them...