Sign in to follow this  
chromatose

Games that never were...

I thought this one got made. . .

It was made but it was rather the Ed Del Castillo's version than Richard Garriott's one ... or so people says. I think it was a terrible mess at the time so when Castillo was named producer he tried to release the game as fast as he could (i.e. 6 months after his nomination) and in good shape.

You could says he didn't succeed.

It was made but it was rather the Ed Del Castillo's version than Richard Garriott's one ... or so people says. I think it was a terrible mess at the time so when Castillo was named producer he tried to release the game as fast as he could (i.e. 6 months after his nomination) and in good shape.

You could says he didn't succeed.

Well in that case...

Monkey Island 3: The Ron Gilbert Edition.

Monkey Island 3: The Ron Gilbert Edition.

I sincerely hope that you aren't implying that the curse of monkey island is anything other than a stroke of creative genius...

I must be the only person in the world who thought that Monkey Island 3 was a good game. Could Ron Gilbert have done a better job? Yes, but I think that the creators of MI 3 made a quality game.

Ultima X never came out. It didn't have much to do with Ultima anyway though, it was a mmorpg. They were also making an Ultima Online 2 at one point.

I must be the only person in the world who thought that Monkey Island 3 was a good game. Could Ron Gilbert have done a better job? Yes, but I think that the creators of MI 3 made a quality game.

Curse of Monkey Island was an excellent game, it even remains a masterpiece to me.

However,CMI did tend to break the dynamic created by the first two episodes but, hell, the different plots, the characters, the dialogs... everything was top notch.

Just to be clear, I liked CMI. That was more of a jab at those who don't like it just because Ron Gilbert wasn't behind it. Not many of those here, I'd imagine.

Sonic Crackers

It was a sonic game where all the characters were white. HAHA, not really though :shifty: