MrHoatzin

Well, I guess Valve won't have to break its balls for a shitty H-L2 GBA port...

I'll bet it not just looks fun, it is fun.

Only thing that just needs to be done is that they'll release it someday, and not say all the time that it will come before HL2.

It's quite good. Valve didn't make it though, they just bought it off the two guys that made it in their spare time at the last minute.

You gotta love Valve for supporting amateur game development community so much

You know these guys wouldve been sued if it were upto LEC

You gotta love Valve for supporting amateur game development community so much

Yeah, well, it keeps everyone interested while waiting for the 'ever impending' release of HL2.

Natch.

That is, if anyone cares about HL2 anymore, and havn't gone off to play Far Cry.

I just got to play this game for about an hour or so...

man it sucks.

poor AI (bad guys can't aim anything, and headcrabs can't even jump). so-so graphics. very poor and unimaginative level design.

piss-poor performance for its graphics (it's like a highschool student or a philosophy major did optimizations).

BUT 11 + 1/2 stars for effort!!!

Yeah its incredibly cheesy and dumb, but its cool that it exists at all. Its too bad the play control is so clunky, the frame rate is so low, and the enemies are so dumb. At least it looks really good, and is real.

You have to get it trhough STEAM? fucks sake i hate steam.

someone upload it soemwhere else would they please? ¬ ¬

Can't be done, it seems. You need Steam to both download and run it. I looked around my HD for some H-L2D files, but I couldn't see anything...

damn that sucks.

I dont like STEAM, it makes me scared for soem reason... like its going to destroy the world one day or something.

anyways, it sounds like its not really worth playng this little game for anything more than a time wasting session so i'll check it out at work some time :)

there are bittorrent downloads floating around on the net, I got my version from suprnova.org ;)

I got HL2d from filerush.

thanks gods that I didn't have to use steam

Yeah its on non-steam file sites, too. You just need to poke around a bit.

I've just played this game. It's shit. There's no crouch key, it starts off too easy and suddenly switches to being too hard. You can plow through many of the levels without giving a damn about the completely thick enemies. The first boss is WAY too easy. Sometimes, when you fall off the bottom of the screen you get a new area. Sometimes you just die. In fact, everything about this game smacks of 'cash-in'. Don't touch. Not even with the largest of barge poles...

CASH IN??

The game was made by two or three fans because they were bored. Valve thought it was fun and offered to put it on Steam. What are you talking about?

I've just played this game. It's shit. There's no crouch key, it starts off too easy and suddenly switches to being too hard. You can plow through many of the levels without giving a damn about the completely thick enemies. The first boss is WAY too easy. Sometimes, when you fall off the bottom of the screen you get a new area. Sometimes you just die. In fact, everything about this game smacks of 'cash-in'. Don't touch. Not even with the largest of barge poles...

I think you haven't played many platform games... :P

People are clearly supposed to play this game, and then, after being awestruck by its immersing gameplay, clever puzzles and realistic AI, find out about another game Valve has published, namely Half-Life 2, which, incidentally, they are charging money for. It's the typical "the first one is free" philosophy of the common drug dealer. That's right, Valve are dealing drugs. Computer drugs.

People are clearly supposed to play this game, and then, after being awestruck by its immersing gameplay, clever puzzles and realistic AI, find out about another game Valve has published, namely Half-Life 2, which, incidentally, they are charging money for. It's the typical "the first one is free" philosophy of the common drug dealer. That's right, Valve are dealing drugs. Computer drugs.

How in God's name could someone find out about Half Life 2D before finding out about Half Life 2?

Furthermore, as Jake said, the game was made by fans who were bored. Even if Valve does have some ludicrous aim to increase HL2 sales by "publishing" this fan effort, that has nothing to do with the original intent or development of the game and thus cannot in any way be blamed for any gameplay deficiencies.

CASH IN??

The game was made by two or three fans because they were bored. Valve thought it was fun and offered to put it on Steam. What are you talking about?

I'm aware that the game itself is free, and I apologise for the badly thought-out/worded nature of my original post. Looking back on it now, I certainly didn't mean it to come across as it did. Credit to Valve for supporting their fans - though that doesn't make this a good game.

Oh, and I have played platform games. I *love* platform games. But I don't think that this is a good example of one.

There's no crouch key

Most famous (and classic) platform games don't have a crouch key.

it starts off too easy and suddenly switches to being too hard.

Fair argument.

You can plow through many of the levels without giving a damn about the completely thick enemies.

Most of the platform games I played have this issue. You could finish Mario without having to hit a single enemy. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating here, but you get the point)

The first boss is WAY too easy.

Of course it is. The first levels are always easier.

Sometimes, when you fall off the bottom of the screen you get a new area. Sometimes you just die.

Again, a lot of platform games have this. Commander Keen springs to mind.

Conclusion: You don't like platform games. :P

--Erwin

How in God's name could someone find out about Half Life 2D before finding out about Half Life 2?

Approximately like so:

INT ROOM - DAY

Isaac:

Holy smokes, that new computer game Project Gordon that I just finished was a blast. I'm so glad quality computer entertainment products like Project Gordon are freely available on the 'net.

Prothemeus, the homogenous paste:

Well, since you're done with Valve's free arcade game Project Gordon, what sort of computer game will you turn to now for those lonely Saturday nights? What game, Isaac?

Isaac:

I guess I'll just have to load up Valve's Steam framework software interface and see what other games are available for me to play. Also, since Project Gordon was completely free, I naturally assume that all other games on Steam also are free too, as well, and I'm one of those people who always click 'OK' on all dialogue boxes without even reading them because doing so makes them go away. Hmm, what's this...'Half-Life 2'?

ISAAC clicks on the Half-Life 2 button, and, since he's one of those people who always click 'OK' on all dialogue boxes without even reading them because doing so makes them go away, he also, accidentally, agrees to pay money for Half-Life 2.

FADE OUT