Moosferatu

Who's going to win?

Who's going to win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win?

• Bush
    • Kerry

Bush, courtesy of Osama.

So you still think he has Osama in custody already?

If that's really so, I'll buy you a beer (umm... a virtual beer).

Or do you think he'll win because he couldn't catch Osama in 3 years and people want to see how that match ends? :P

I have a bad feeling that the village idiot will win.

But I'm still hoping that Kerry will win.

So you still think he has Osama in custody already?
Ummm, no. In case you've been living under a rock that shields you from receiving news, Osama has released a new tape in which he criticizes Bush and hints at new attacks. People now have that image fresh in mind, and it will help George.

I don't know. So far there hasn't been a hug shift toward Bush because of the tape. In fact, it appears to be moving toward Kerry, which would make sense considering Bush wasn't able to take care of Osama. Check this out, and of course there's always Slate's scorecard.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to follow the election here in europe. Especially since I have to work the next day and can't exactly skip a night of sleep :/

But on the other hand I do want to know when bush or kerry gets called the winner... I think I'll have to buy a lot of golden power and somehow manage without sleep for about 48 hours :)

Here's how it goes: People get the government they deserve. I'm personally hoping for Kerry, as I don't look to Bush to justify my own insecurities. :finger: But think of it this way, if we do get the 'village idiot', these will be his last four years. Never again will he be President. However, knowing the ways of he and his Cabinet, he will likely refuse to recognize that he's lost, or that he's not allowed to run for more than two terms.

Sorry, it's early. I just woke up. I are teh grumpeh.

I'd like to point out that even though political polls are close, most polls don't include people who've been registered to vote for <5 years. This includes a huge portion of college students, most of whom tend to be pretty liberal, or at least willing to jump aboard the "Bush Sucks!" bandwagon. (Note: I do think Bush sucks, but a lot of students are likely to join in without knowing *why*). The tricky part is, will they actually go out and vote. The answer, sadly, is probably "no" :(

I am an optimistic person! I am confident that Kerry, the lesser wanker, will prevail over evil!

It's the same-old same-old with me. I'm rooting for Kerry, but thinking Bush will make it. Because, as they said in some programs here, he's 'more eager to get it'. He stole the elections once, he'll do it again (courtesy of the Fox network again no doubt :shifty:).

Last night, the 'anarchist' public network VPRO broadcasted a 5 hour show around the elections, covering not just the politics, but all things about America. It really gave a broad perspective on things, even though not every article was equally interesting and there was a HUGE bias towards Kerry (not that I mind from a personal standpoint :)). Of particular interest was an interview made by a Netherlandic guy I didn't know before and an American singer. He said some things that should really be described as food for thought. About how Bush was essentially the same as the people who couldn't accept or believe back then that the earth was round. In the same way, Bush still thinks in archaic notions of good and evil countries, and the justification of the only True Religion And God. He's an archaic man that is totally unfit to rule the modern world.

VPRO happen to be responsible for like 3/4 of all quality programming in the Netherlands. Man, they're so good, even when they're horrible.

It's striking how much coverage of the US elections there is in Holland by the way. I do understand why, cause the US president is in a way the president of the world, but it seems like there's even more attention than usual. There's the VPRO America theme night, AmerikaKiest.nl, the special broadcasts of Nova on Saturday live from New York, a special program from Max Westerman, and so on. Are the NOS doing live coverage of the elections?

I think so. It's no surprise though. Besides the fact that it's just kerrazy exciting at the moment, there really are some very important things at stake here. No matter how much some may think that America is just another country, the fact is that they decide what happens to the world. Is it any wonder there's much attention to this, especially in the rest of the Western world? And quite so because there's a frighteningly big chance that we'll get the batshit dumbfuck president again, who'll exacerbate everything. The foulmouthing is all to blame on Penny Arcade or course.

"Here is the math that matters: If all the states in which the data lean discernibly to either candidate vote as the polls suggest, the election will come down to Florida and Ohio. If Bush takes both, he wins. If Kerry takes either, he wins. We assess the probability in each state independently, and we assume that neither state's turnout affects the other's. Since the odds in each of the two states are approximately 50-50, with a tiny edge to Bush, the combined probability of Kerry winning the election is about 70 to 75 percent."

That's from the Slate's scorecard.

Meh, I think Bush will win, I hate both though so I really don't care. Third party candidates should be allowed at the debates.

I have a sense of impeding DOOM, so I think Bush will win, because he shouldn't.... :shifty:

If he DOES win, I have a room availible if you want to leave the country... :mock:

I think there must be something wrong with the general system if the winner isn't (necessarily) the one who gets the most votes. That's how it is at the moment, isn't it?

People now have that image fresh in mind, and it will help George.

I'm not so sure about that.

Isn't that the way it is in England at the moment, too?

It seems to me that in Ireland, we've had the same idiot Toasitsich for years now. Taoesouchit? Taoshauct? How do you spell that? I don't even know how to spell that. His name is Bertie and he hit on my Mom last year while drunk at a wedding.

Tsoaschat? Toeisachst? Prime Minister...

P.S. he hits on everybodies Mom, not just mine.