Moosferatu

Who's going to win?

Who's going to win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win?

• Bush
    • Kerry

I agree with Ninja, though I obviously don't think Bush is anywhere near as bad as Hitler. It would be foolish to make Hitler completely off limits when making historic comparisons and learning from history. It would be naive to think that it could never happen again, and it certainly is more likely that it would if Hitler is kept in his own privet box segragated from the rest of history. I agree it is childish to run around calling people Hitler just because you don't like them and starting flame wars, but missuse does not preclude proper use and legitamate concerns.

err? what admin abused his admin powers and fscked up the poll results?

Or did we just get 1200+ new members who voted for bush? :shifty:

Shocking though it may sound, it wasn't me who changed the poll results.

Maybe you don't know who Hitler is, because comparing any leader to him today (besides maybe some African warlords) is childish....keeping a couple thousand rowdy prisoners is in no way comparable to the systematic slaughter of millions of people, cunt.
I'm sorry, what?

My grandmother was in the resistance. I know damn well who Hitler was and I dare say I know a hell of a lot more than you. How you can defend Bush is beyond me. Either you have no clue or no morals...

I guess you also don't grasp that there is a difference between saying two things are similar and saying they are the same. I never said that the systematic slaughter of the Jewish people is comparable to the war crimes that Bush has comitted (and will now apparently continue to commit) but there are nevertheless many similarities between these two dangerous individuals.

Both were elected democratically and were loved and hated in equal measure by their people, both bent the truth to breaking point with shameless propaganda, and both were fundamentally convinced of their self-righteous and misguided cause. The sad thing is that Bush gets to have another go at it.

As Moosferatu rightly points out, making a certain part of history taboo is stupid. It's happened before and it could very well happen again. The way we prevent this is by learning from the mistakes of the past, not ignoring them.

Come on, come on

You think you drive me crazy

Come on, come on

You and whose army?

You and your cronies

Come on, come on

Holy Roman empire

Come on if you think

Come on if you think

You can take us on

You can take us on

You and whose army?

You and your cronies

You forget so easy

We ride tonight

Ghost Horses

My band totally had a song that used the exact same chords that one did before Radiohead did. (LAME)

Dodo, propaganda and flat out lying have been part of all politics since the beginning of time. I blame the American people for swallowing and even encouraging Bush's feigned-faith approach to public speaking, they're the ones asking for it. Democrats and Republicans alike (in Congress etc.) are voting the same Orwellian shit through together, how can we blame Bush when everyone else is encouraging him.

And if you're comparing him to Hitler, the biggest difference is their fundemental goal. From the start Hitler wanted to rule Europe and cleanse the population, this was made awfully clear from the beginning. Bush's idealistic goal is to allow Middle-Eastern countries to rule themselves with a democratic government. Obviously his approach is not perfect, but I'd hardly decry the military action up to this point as war mongering. It has a damn fine reason (freedom--so far Afghanistan is doing much better on that front) and is hardly self-serving since we gain nothing other than peace of mind (probably only in future generations though, who haven't convinced themselves that the war is just bible-thumping empirism).

That being said. The patriot act is fuck shit that needs to be destroyed. We need to diversify our politcal system in a big way. While I have no qualms about eventually 'freeing' the middle east, I agree Bush is a lying boob and no I did not vote for him, I think someone else could do it much better and in a way that would instill international pride in democracy rather than hate and confusion.

Don't make me laugh. The Bush administration doesn't give a crap about freedom, neither yours nor anyone else's. All they care about is money and more money, and how they get it is incidental.

Bush is responisible for the deaths of many more innocents than Bin Laden. Something to think about...

Bush's idealistic goal is to allow Middle-Eastern countries to rule themselves with a democratic government. Obviously his approach is not perfect, but I'd hardly decry the military action up to this point as war mongering. It has a damn fine reason (freedom--so far Afghanistan is doing much better on that front) and is hardly self-serving since we gain nothing other than peace of mind (probably only in future generations though, who haven't convinced themselves that the war is just bible-thumping empirism).

I'm sorry but that is really naive. How can Bush spread freedom and democrazy in the middle-east when he doesn't even know what these words mean? It's paranoid, war-mongering and fucking idiotic - and we'll see about Afghanistan and Iraq in say 10 years - it will not be pretty! Violence and hate creates hate and violence in tenfold quantities.....