nkornek

[Release] This is Celebrity Explainer

It's late but it's done!

This is Celebrity Explainer is a game about writing biographies for very real celebrities. Just launch the game and in no time you'll be filling out a short quiz to help explain away the ambiguities of the lives of the rich and famous.

Grab it right here: https://nkornek.itch.io/celebrity-explainer

Once you've finished explaining, you can hit the photo button to save your results (it'll automatically create a folder called Celebrity Explainer in your computer's My Pictures directory to store them) and share your results on social media with #celebrityexplainer.

Design and Programming by me, Nick Kornek

Sweet sweet art by the intrepid James Palermo

5a4fd92d1ae40_Waytoomanycelebs.thumb.gif.a6a444b78146603356ea65a7c2962c6d.gif

5a4fd92e7e504_1_5_20182-15-31PM.thumb.png.3c5e97adb916b50befb8e268aa98d9a7.png5a4fd92fbafec_1_5_20182-26-47PM.thumb.png.4c2b688923ec59c8ba6d33760bb26f6b.png5a4fd9313804d_1_5_20182-35-02PM.thumb.png.4a39f68f2cb1fea70068a2bdf48c6489.png

*ORIGINAL POST BELOW*

It's Wizard Jam time! The most magical time of twice a year!

This is Celebrity Explainer will be a procedurally generated celebrity biography writing game. You'll start by being shown the name and picture of a definitely not fake celebrity and then using a procedural mad-libs style questionnaire you will cobble together a very credible biography listing their life events, achievements, controversies, and more!

If all goes well with what's planned at the end you'll be able to tweet out your results.

Sadly I won't have time to start developing until Monday but I've got a buddy of mine who will be making amazing face art to help out.

Sounds cool! Are you going to stick to just human celebrities, or will we get some crazy combos?

19 hours ago, phill said:

Sounds cool! Are you going to stick to just human celebrities, or will we get some crazy combos?

We've got some ideas :D

Not a ton of flashy stuff to show yet since I've mostly been working on database management stuff that'll speed up development going forward, but we've started doing some basic art tests with James' sweet sweet headshapes (complete with very fancy anchor placement gizmos).

face.PNG.e86643bf1dc332f240003d86eb7a0cfb.PNG

loadsaheads.gif.d1c38767aad36eafe87f2c077aba5ea8.gif

Loads more head parts and also random name generation!

Next step is going to be to start the biography system.

Running hella late on this but it's just about done!

Just needs a bit more formatting on the bios once they've been generated.

yay.thumb.PNG.8863eae6fd2a9d39eff36309010fba15.PNG

This is hilarious, I had a good laugh reading about my celeb, Viera Busderdva (who doesn't know her?!)

5a505efed75c3_1_6_20186-27-50AM.thumb.png.db99b26022a944ef57cc12a0994ede17.png

I'm an absolute sucker for madlibs/randomly generated text, so this is my jam.

The whole game just oozes charm. Those faces, the backgrounds, ...that song. Oh, and the logo - perfect.

I like the randomly generated faces, except for the one neck configuration which I hate. The text generator is hilarious as well!

Is it too early to call Best Original Soundtrack of 2018?