Cordeos

E3 2017

The new assassins creed seems possibly interesting as there appears to be a more open combat system, I am also interested in the boat combat, because I loved Black Flag's but these boats won't have cannons.

Open world Metro sounds interesting, my main issue with the earlier games were the linear nature of them. What I really want is a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :(

Anything else announced today?

Haven't really seen anything I'm super excited about yet. Dishonored 2 DLC will be nice, but that's about it.

i mean so far devolver won e3 that's all i know

Seconding the Fuck Notch sentiments (though I've suspected Fuck Notch since he was still developing Minecraft)

Ori and the Will of the Wisps looks excellent. Best game of E3 so far right there. Shame it's not coming to Win7.

Uh oh, what has Notch done? Don't get any recent results from a "Notch E3" search...

Is the Fuck Notch about his Twitter behaviour?

That's why I'm on the Fuck Notch train at least. I'm not sure what other nonsense he's been getting up to.

Fuck Notch is also, in part, a Fuck The Last Night, a promising-looking cyberpunk game shown at E3 that happens to take, as its core premise, that the oppressive overlords that made their setting suck are social justice warriors, and that providing people's basic needs causes civilisation to collapse.

Obviously this was upsetting, especially to comedy game creator Zoe Quinn, whose brief but popular foray into non-comedy games, Depression Quest, attracted a lot of attention and was the powderkeg that set off the alt-right's terrorising of video gamers and female video game creators. She tweeted about it, and noted that she is not inclined to let go that time that someone took a breakup so bad the UN got involved, especially if they're not actually sorry and willing to make amends.

To this, Notch said, "What a fucking c***". I'm asterisking these because I don't want my pseudonymous title associated with the sheer volume of usages of 'cunt', but none of these are censored in the original quotes.

She then immediately incremented the 'millionaires who have called me a c*** in public' tally and tweeted: "Hmu if you're one of the other indies notch has called a c*** I think there's enough of us to release a bundle together at this point."

Notch's "explanation" was this: "Stop changing your name. I had no idea it was you. Act like a c***, get called a c***. You were doing so well for a while there."

Zoe then changed her Twitter name to "namechanging c***", because Zoe is a larrikin smartass right down to her bones and she is the best.

Anyway, Fuck Notch

1 minute ago, Merus said:

Fuck Notch is also, in part, a Fuck The Last Night, a promising-looking cyberpunk game shown at E3 that happens to take, as its core premise, that the oppressive overlords that made their setting suck are social justice warriors, and that providing people's basic needs causes civilisation to collapse.

Obviously this was upsetting, especially to comedy game creator Zoe Quinn, whose brief but popular foray into non-comedy games, Depression Quest, attracted a lot of attention and was the powderkeg that set off the alt-right's terrorising of video gamers and female video game creators. She tweeted about it, and noted that she is not inclined to let go that time that someone took a breakup so bad the UN got involved, especially if they're not actually sorry and willing to make amends.

To this, Notch said, "What a fucking c***". I'm asterisking these because I don't want my pseudonymous title associated with the sheer volume of usages of 'cunt', but none of these are censored in the original quotes.

She then immediately incremented the 'millionaires who have called me a c*** in public' tally and tweeted: "Hmu if you're one of the other indies notch has called a c*** I think there's enough of us to release a bundle together at this point."

Notch's "explanation" was this: "Stop changing your name. I had no idea it was you. Act like a c***, get called a c***. You were doing so well for a while there."

Zoe then changed her Twitter name to "namechanging c***", because Zoe is a larrikin smartass right down to her bones and she is the best.

Anyway, Fuck Notch

This is a Very Good summary and I Like This Post.

Aaanyway if someone can link Devolver's gonzo E3 presentation, that would be fab-u-loussssss

This is what I found:

I really liked Bioware's remake of Dark Void. I am also kind of excited about Ashen and I want that Metro game.

Is there a list of the stuff Devolver showed off somewhere? All I can find are videos.

So far, there's not much that seems like a lock to me, or at least not stuff I wasn't already aware of. I'll definitely be getting the Life Is Strange prequel and Tacoma. Anthem is a maybe, I'm going to wait and see on reviews first.

Mike: the joke is that they didn't actually announce anything

To spoil it: they have trailers for Ruiner, Serious Sam's Bogus Detour, as well as demonstrations of Super-Self Concerned Burrito and Devolver Digital's new technology, Screen Pay, Earliest Access, and Comment Created Content.

I'm looking forward to the Dishonored DLC and the new Wolfenstein, nothing from EA looked very interesting, sad to see they're running NFS into the ground by making it into a cinematic TF&TF rip off.

From Microsoft Crackdown 3 might be fun, but XBOX ONE X didn't impress me at all. At least Microsoft are releasing their games side by side on Windows 10 now.

Just waiting to see some Mario gameplay!

I think it is hard to make the Xbox One X look impressive - how do you do that when you are watching a stream?

I do like that they showed the evolution of resolution over the years to give you an idea of what to expect - it was an acknowledgement that pretty graphics just don't work when you are on a 720p monitor.

In more full detail these were the thoughts bouncing around my head:

• Did Metro just turn into STALKER/Far Cry 2? I can dream

• Ashen has a nice art style but what is it really?

• I don’t want any more announcements on State of Decay 2 unless it is coming out this year, oh, it is coming out this year... Good

• Wow, that game looks like a sequel to Dragon’s Dogma, oh it is an MMO called Black Desert, garbage, blarg

• Man, that’s a lot of First Person Shooter nonsense

• Tacoma looks cool

• Oh great, Assassin’s Creed

• Borza Motorsnore 7

• BACKWARDS compatible Xbox games – Crimson Skies is a good start, now please release Metal Wolf Chaos, Psychonauts, Phantom Crash and Brute Force

• Minecraft sounds like a fucking nightmare to dev

• Xbox One X, that is the best you could do? Fucking stick with calling it the Scorpio

• Bioware are releasing a sequel to Dark Void! I was not expecting that. Oh, it looks a bit like Destiny with cool mech suits.

By the way, I don't own Xbox One and also don't plan getting one, but I just really like the way they are going with the backgrounds compatibility. That's how it should be done. Really well done with the original Xbox and 360 games on Xbox One.

And Tacoma looks great, only two months anymore for that to be released. :gaming:

A Way Out, Assassin's Creed, Forza 7, Wolfenstein all look pretty great. The OG Xbox stuff blows my mind though. Just bought a new copy of Crimson Skies, sealed! I feel like a goddamn crazy person.

So the publisher, Raw Fury, has responded: 

Hello Raw Fury fans and friends,

Today we revealed The Last Night during the Xbox Press conference and have been overwhelmed with the response we have received. Both good and bad, and we specifically want to draw attention to a few things the creative director has said in the past.

We at Raw Fury believe in equality, believe in feminism, and believe everyone has a right and chance at the equal pursuit of happiness. We would not be working with Tim Soret / Odd Tales at all if we believed they were against these principles in any aspect.

The comments Tim made in 2014 are certainly surprising and don’t fit the person we know, and we hope that everyone reading this who knows us at Raw Fury on a personal and professional level knows that we wouldn’t tolerate working with someone who portrays the caricature of Tim going around the internet right now.

The wording of his statements toward feminism in 2014 was poor, and his buying into GamerGate as a movement on the notion that it represented gamers against journalists was naive, but in the same year he also cheered the rise of women in gaming. In a similar situation as the one happening now, folks on the IdleThumbs forums found questionable tweets and Tim took it upon himself to address them. What came from that was a dialogue where different viewpoints were considered and debated in a purposeful way. 

Here is a link to everything including his tweets, his response, and the response of the forum; we hope you’ll take the time to read through it: https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/9728-cyberpunk-cop-killah-aka-the-last-night/

Side note: Debating Anita Sarkeesian’s efforts toward highlighting sexism in the games industry is touchy, and though Tim’s post back then was naive we felt that he wasn’t being malicious like so many others have been to Anita in the past, so we share all of this with the hope people can see that first hand. We understand that no matter what there will be people who will not look at Tim the same again and we respect that, too.

A lot can change in three years, including viewpoints, and Tim has assured us that The Last Night does not spout a message steeped in regressive stances. We trust Tim and know that he is an advocate for progression both in and outside of our industry, and we hope that this will be apparent moving forward.

Brace for impact.

I'm bewildered they link to that thread, because he did not come off well in it IMO.. :confused:

I gotta say, I'm feeling increasingly disinclined to put the effort in to separate the creator from the product here. It's something I've been willing to do in the past (basically my entire relationship with Orson Scott Card's writing,) but the way the guy presents himself makes me suspect all this hot garbage is present in the game itself.

More on the thread's general topic, how are people feeling Anthem? I've been having a really hard time trusting BioWare lately, even before ME:A, but it's also a different team and looks pretty? My cynicism is currently outweighing everything else, but I'd really like it to be good.

I personally like ME:A and the effort they've been putting into fixing the product. It's not for a lack of love (or competency) it seems - simply time. There's a good Kotaku piece floating around about how it suffered quite a bit from development hell.

Presumably for a new IP they've have locked down the creative issues and timelines. You only really get one shot with a (new) IP; Andromeda at least had the name to rest on (which can also, obviously, backfire).

27 minutes ago, Merus said:

So the publisher, Raw Fury, has responded: 

Brace for impact.

I am a fan of Rob (retroremake)'s responses from the Tweet announcement -