N1njaSquirrel

Idle Santa 2016! - giftees sent out! Please PM me if you didn't get one!

@pabosher That looks amazing, I want to eat all of it!

Also, again, does anyone know who my santa was? They did great!

I present you the awesome gifts my Secret Santa sent me:

20161231_130220.jpg

Thanks a lot Mythalore!

The fantastic little Christmas Penguin will from now on adorn all the Christmas trees in my home forever.

Lindor are pretty much my favorite sweets, which makes it a bit spooky that you sent them.

Toblerone is great too. (Even the Brexit kind.)

When I'm finished with Lovecraft I will get into 'The Way Inn'. From what you said about it it sounds like my kind of book.

Paperboy belongs in a museum! When I was young there still where cassettes for music - but for games, crazy.

(The gifts got a bit banged up in transport.)

Sorry for writing so late, the package arrived before Christmas and I'm just slow.

Glad you like your gifts gerbilsinspace! Not that I'm in any way connected to them. (A friend told me that your Secret Santa might have forgotten to sign with his Thumb name. Or he just forgot that he did sign with his Thumb name, who knows.)

My secret Santa only left their real name, no username. As long as they know they hit my tastes pretty spot on, and I am grateful, I am cool keeping the Santa Secret.

twig was my secret Santa and sent me this super cool stuff plus a very nice card!

thanks twig!

(those are little mystery box pusheen plushes. I got one who is wearing a donut, one in a tea cup, and one eating pizza!)

little white cuck ball

WP_20161231_19_58_00_Pro_LI.jpg

Sarah and I just received our Secret Santa and it looks to be a delicious bounty:

2017-01-03 17.28.49.jpg

I haven't had Jaffa in a long time so that is very exciting! Plus homemade ginger cookies, some Earl Grey tea, and a little fruit pudding (and instant custard[?!??] to accompany it). Also, I was send a book about David Lynch, which is very spot-on, and Sarah was sent a book about female neurosis depicted in film, which she had heard good things about and was very pleased to receive.

Thanks Secret Santa, whoever you are!

Also, whoever Chris' Santa is, please PM me ginger cookie recipes.

I'm glad you both like the gifts. So sorry it was so late!  The ginger cookies are called lebkuchen by the way (I hope they've travelled ok) 

6 hours ago, Woodfella said:

The ginger cookies are called lebkuchen by the way (I hope they've travelled ok) 

I thought they looked like lebkuchen! I love those, I've been stuffing myself with them all Christmas.

Biggest of ups to Brendonsmall! The little Mario figures went straight to my office desk, the candy straight to my mouth, and the CC celluloid picks are a huge improvement (for me personally!) over the Dunlop delrin picks I was using before. I hadn't experimented with different guitar picks and my tremelo game has improved almost overnight; the firmness of the pearl picks allows for a more consistent pluck on an upstroke.

Also Rilen it was me! They were supposed to leave a note :(

IMG_20161218_155652.jpg

IMG_20170104_085114.jpg

Took a while to get here but well worth the wait.

DSC03903.JPG

(The puzzle piece is an accidental present bomb from my housemate, she got a jigsaw for Christmas and it's all over the floor)

I've never seen any of these sweets before, can't wait to try them. Kettle crisps are even pretty common here (my favourite crisp brand no less) but only in very traditional flavours, Korean Barbecue was a big surprise.

The Coldblums have already had some good use and I'm going to frame the prints as soon as I can. Nearly discarded them with the box since their little envelope is the same colour but they are now safe and sound.

This is all really amazing thanks, @tabacco!

On 31/12/2016 at 0:35 PM, castorp said:

I present you the awesome gifts my Secret Santa sent me:

20161231_130220.jpg

Thanks a lot Mythalore!

@castorp I'm really glad you like them and I hope things weren't too bad in transit. Unfortunately, Paperboy already had that crack when I sent it, original packaging and all.

I was away over the holidays - so just picked it up now. What a great spread! Thanks @Vasari! (The shortbread is wonderful it's all wonderful)

IMG_0269.JPG

The tablet looks a bit vacuum packed, I hope it survived the trip!

Apologies for the sparse package, I realised far too late that there are restrictions on sending things like alcohol to Canada.

17 hours ago, Mythalore said:

Took a while to get here but well worth the wait.

DSC03903.JPG

(The puzzle piece is an accidental present bomb from my housemate, she got a jigsaw for Christmas and it's all over the floor)

I've never seen any of these sweets before, can't wait to try them. Kettle crisps are even pretty common here (my favourite crisp brand no less) but only in very traditional flavours, Korean Barbecue was a big surprise.

The Coldblums have already had some good use and I'm going to frame the prints as soon as I can. Nearly discarded them with the box since their little envelope is the same colour but they are now safe and sound.

This is all really amazing thanks, @tabacco!

I'm glad they made it! Sorry for being so late! In hindsight I wish I'd included more US-specific snacks, but it's hard not to have fun at the Japanese grocery. The super sodas are... intense for about 15 seconds. Be warned.

usps tried to hide it from me, but at last it arrived!!!

sZ0NJLf.png

n1njasquirrel knows the path to my heart