Nick Breckon

Idle Thumbs Streams

For those of you who are interested, here's a pastebin of all of the Similar Face cocktail variations 1-30. I basically had a random cocktail ingredient generator open, and modified, added, or subtracted ingredients based on what it threw at me. No, I did not try any of these except for the original recipe I emailed in (Similar Face 2 on this list), so all of the ratios are probably off. I'll be picking out some highlights and actually making them this weekend. 

http://pastebin.com/VUEDeqUd

Similar Face 4 is probably the most drinkable version of the original, though it may be on the sweet side due to the simply syrup. The SS is required in the egg white recipes to help smooth it out, but most of the others it's pretty extraneous because of the liqueurs. 

Similar Face 6 & 7 are basically just weird, terrible cousins of the 20th & 21st century cocktail, respectively. Track down a bottle of Cochi Americano to use in place of lillet blanc, and just make these instead. 

If I had a bottle of Maraschino, I'd probably be making a Similar Face 8 right now, out of sheer morbid curiosity. Without the creme de cacao it's basically a tequila Corpse Reviver #2 

Similar Face 15 thru 20 (Similar Face 19 is mistakenly labeled 29) are the ones I'm most fascinated by and will probably be trying this weekend if I can find any passion fruit. 

Similar Face 21 Is, in all likelyhood, actually a decent drink. I drink something similar all the time, and I'd suggest an extremely dark demerara rum, or spiced rum, and possibly up the ratios of amaretto and cranberry to taste. 

Under no circumstances should you make Similar Face 26 or 27. 

BTW, I've been trying to figure out a Ted Crews cocktail, but in all honestly I keep coming back to a (Cruzan) rum and coke, garnished with a hot dog, I'll keep working on it. 

Cheers, & the ette is french. It rhymes with casette. 

For those of you who are interested, here's a pastebin of all of the Similar Face cocktail variations 1-30. I basically had a random cocktail ingredient generator open, and modified, added, or subtracted ingredients based on what it threw at me. No, I did not try any of these except for the original recipe I emailed in (Similar Face 2 on this list), so all of the ratios are probably off. I'll be picking out some highlights and actually making them this weekend. 

Haha, cheers, this is out of control. 

It was great watching Nick go from being owned in seconds to recognising all the attacks and their tells. Aldrich is a pretty good boss I think, his attacks are much more distinct than say Pontiff's so they're more manageable to learn.

I might have missed it, but did he pick up the Estus shard in the main hall before the boss? If you didn't Nick, now you know there's an Estus shard in that room.

I'm a bit bummed I missed the stream this time around, but I'm glad progress was made despite that! I wonder how many hours Nick has put in at this point.

So it should come as a shock to absolutely no one that most of these are completely undrinkable. I've also discovered that Campari and ********* juice is an awful combination.

It wasn't a complete disaster though, since it did result in the revelation of the Ted Crews cocktail:

1 1/2oz Cruzan spiced rum

3/4oz sweet vermouth

1/4oz passionfruit syrup

1/4oz of any bitter apritif liqueur of your choice. I used campari, but it'd probably be equally hilarious with cynar or fernet.

Dash angostura bitters

One of the similar face variations ended up being a rum manhattan with campari, and it just felt right. Though that may have been the feeling of five or so increasingly confusing, semi randomly generated rum cocktails. Like seriously, please don't make any of these, they're horrible.

I hope you do more streams with at least two Thumbs in the same room if possible. Those are special. I can't really follow something with one person talking to himself. Giant Bomb videos with only one dude are also unwatchable IMO.

I hope you do more streams with at least two Thumbs in the same room if possible. Those are special. I can't really follow something with one person talking to himself. Giant Bomb videos with only one dude are also unwatchable IMO.

Yeah it's definitely much better. It's just a challenge since it isn't our job, so we have to schedule all this stuff in our free time.

Two or more thumbs streams are the best but personally I really appreciate single thumbs streams as well. Seeing Nick, fueled by rum and complete isolation, descent into madness playing Dark Souls 3 is beautiful.

I only watched a bit but the escalating 5 missions to assassinate that chef, then the other guy was great. When you found out the trip wire mines only trigger for you while you were following some guy through a door.

Those tripwires really break the aesthetic of his new hitman for me. The sudden instakills are so jarring. It would be better if 47 refused to walk through them or if they were some kind of alarm or barrier.

Those tripwires really break the aesthetic of his new hitman for me. The sudden instakills are so jarring. It would be better if 47 refused to walk through them or if they were some kind of alarm or barrier.

If they exist only in the Escalation missions, I'm totally fine with them. They're just a crazy artificial constraint. It would be weird if the main game also required you to dress up in a certain outfit and use a specific weapon to kill your target, but as a component of Escalation it just kind of exists as its own thing.

They stopped me from playing the escalations. I don't want to do something four times and then have those appear. You were lucky in Sapienza, I played one in Paris and it was littered with the things. I find the explosion really unpleasant because I can't anticipate it.

There's a mine disarming device in the security room that makes them a non-issue once you have it. I'm not really a fan of the mines either brkl, but for what it's worth, there are only two sets of escalation missions that feature them. You should give the others a try because they're good!

Is it always in the security room? That helps. I had no idea what it would look like or where to find it.

I'm so glad the streams are back! Keep up the good work! :tup:

I also prefer the streams with multiple people, but I understand that they can be hard to arrange sometimes.

Nope, the security room in Paris didn't have a tripwire tool and finding that out was a joyless slog :(

Ugh. Well, I did the Sapienza one where you had to blow everyone up. That was fun.

The golf ball is ridiculous. It's like a cheat. But it's fun and you don't have to use it.