melmer

UK Thumbs

Aldi > Lidl. 

Where does Iceland fit in this demographic? for me it's like Morrisons > Tescos > ASDA > Iceland > Aldi > Lidl.

Talking about supermarkets, I was in my local ASDA the other day with my gf when a very excited middle-aged woman rushed up to us to inform us that ASDA over ordered the spare ribs, and that they're going for a pound, and she's so excited she's just off to get another trolly.

I mean, she was right, and we then proceeded to spend £6 of ribs, that were huge and each packet of ribs served 4.

This would never happen down south. I love the North. Leeds 4 Lyfe.

Iceland is a ok if you just want cheap brand stuff but their own brand stuff is awful so I'd go anywhere else instead.

Also I'm pretty sure stock mistakes can happen anywhere :)

UK supermarkets are strange I guess?

I went to Lidl at some point in Ireland last year, seemed fine. It's refreshing to not to have to navigate a behemoth supermarket for some groceries. But I suppose nothing is bad as gross feeling as a Walmart so I just look at it that way. Also seeing a bunch of foreign products I have no sense of context.

Irish Republican supermarkets (imported from Germany) are strange I guess?

I went to Lidl at some point in Ireland last year, seemed fine. It's refreshing to not to have to navigate a behemoth supermarket for some groceries. But I suppose nothing is bad as gross feeling as a Walmart so I just look at it that way. Also seeing a bunch of foreign products I have no sense of context.

They sure are. Lidl feels kinda big for here though. Not that most others are smaller but Lidl feels like a big warehouse way more than Dunnes, Tesco or Supervalu.

94% aligned with Green apparently but also 92% SNP and The Sturge has my vote. This promises to be a train wreck whatever happens, I can't wait.

Ugh, my mate is running for UKIP in the local elections, liking his own facebook posts and everything. Under UKIP, a lot of my mates would have no access to health care because they're "foreign", they already have to pay way more than us. I'm considering revealing the fact that he used to brag about being in a club that wanted to castrate and sterilize everyone who wasn't white or Chinese. He actually used those words in italics. He told my mate he was one of the "good ones" but told his girlfriend she should have an abortion when they had a baby scare, because the baby would have been black.

I used to feel sorta sorry for him, he grew up in a poor household and both his parents were heroin addicts, but now he's actively supporting a political party that will actually affect people, rather than just making up horrendous bullshit at school.

Why do you still describe this person as your "mate"? I get looking past a certain amount of bad stuff when you have history with someone, but that sounds ridiculous!

I'm already finding it messed up that, besides paying taxes on my salary, I'll need to pay some hundreds of pounds when I need to renew my visa under the guise of a "NHS Surcharge", even if I'm one of the "good" immigrants (highly skilled, employed, with a sponsored visa). 

My racist mate is running for UKIP counciller in another area, I think my group of mates are slowly, but thankfully, falling out with him.

Sheppers_McGee_cop_3279660k.jpg

Finally got around to taking that political quiz, and I'm 97% on side with Green. 15% with UKIP! Distressingly, I have a higher match percentage with the BNP...

It's funny for me, reading this, because I'm not from the UK and everything I know about UKIP can be found in the Regular Features podcast, where they regularly make fun of UKIP and once had a long-running bit where they trolled some UKIP mailing list. So, good. This is good.

It's funny for me, reading this, because I'm not from the UK and everything I know about UKIP can be found in the Regular Features podcast, where they regularly make fun of UKIP and once had a long-running bit where they trolled some UKIP mailing list. So, good. This is good.

The Roger Helmer Saga is genuinely one of the funniest things I've ever heard.