Sno

The terrible wallet scourge of the Amiibo.

I grabbed a Pac-Man, Greninja, and the Splatoon 3-pack today. (Couldn't find any of the FE amiibos.)

I am hopeless.

I really want the Splatoon ones. Even just the girl, so I can at least get the exclusive outfit.

If anyone sees them and wanted to grab them for me, I'm willing -if not presently able- to pay the appropriate amount in cash, artwork, or bags of regionally-exclusive potato chip flavours.

noPB1oW.jpg

Teg, I'm going into town tomorrow. If I find one I'll pick it up for you. Is it just the girl one you want? Would you be interested in the boy if they have that too? No guarantee I'll find one though!

I went to my local target today and they only had the amiibos that are available everywhere (standard mario, peach, pikachu, etc.) I did look though.

Teg, I'm going into town tomorrow. If I find one I'll pick it up for you. Is it just the girl one you want? Would you be interested in the boy if they have that too? No guarantee I'll find one though!

I think a friend grabbed a three-pack for me last night, but thanks anyway.

The store i bought my 3 pack from had probably like five of them out, and probably a dozen more individual splatoon figures. When i got back and started reading that they're generally proving to be very limited in availability, i very briefly contemplated heading back and grabbing another for a friend or resale. Heh. I can't say i was surprised to hear about it though, the Amiibo craze is still in effect and these ones significantly tie into Nintendo's big new game. (Also, the store i went to which is usually pretty quiet had like ten people lined up buying amiibos. This is like some 90's collector's fad shit happening here.)

As an aside: If anybody's really digging Splatoon, those amiibo might be worth it. (With the usual caveat of "Don't buy amiibo if you don't also like collecting toys, the value proposition is ridiculous otherwise.") There's... I think fifteen-twenty levels on each? They remix levels from the solo game with some new rules, and the ones with the squid amiibo are the most interesting. There's a mix of different goals with the squid amiibo, but the coolest ones are time trials with unlimited use of the kraken super. If you just want cool bonus levels, the other two only ask you to complete solo levels while swapping out the single-player splattergun with a snipe or a roller. (Rather, that seems to be the case so far.)

The special gear you get out of those levels appears to be of the two star rarity, so maybe don't expect to get awesome stuff you stick with for a really long time. It'll be good up front, but the progression ramp is pretty steep and better gear makes a huge difference.

Basically, if you don't care about amiibos, but want to play around with the feature and don't want to miss out on Splatoon content, the squid amiibo gives you the coolest stuff.

Basically, if you don't care about amiibos, but want to play around with the feature and don't want to miss out on Splatoon content, the squid amiibo gives you the coolest stuff.

The squid that you can only get by buying the complete set of Splatoon amiibo.

Wait, really? You can't get it by itself?

That's freaking devious.

What makes the Game lorry theft even more hilarious is that in england, the squid amiibo was only available in the special edition. Every special edition that GAME had was in that lorry that was stolen. Luckily I got my copy from the Nintendo store!

On the subject of the inkling amiibo's, they are definitely the most impressive amiibo yet. The design is really nice, with a staggering amount of detail, and whilst the paint job was a bit sloppy on the feet for me, it was still very well done. Just as little figurines, these are impressive amiibo's!

The special gear you get out of those levels appears to be of the two star rarity, so maybe don't expect to get awesome stuff you stick with for a really long time. It'll be good up front, but the progression ramp is pretty steep and better gear makes a huge difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can give those crystal shell things to Spyke and that increases your item's star level. I have no idea how to get those crystal shell things yet though.

I think a friend grabbed a three-pack for me last night, but thanks anyway.

That's good to hear! I searched long and hard, but there was none to be found!

Chibi Robo? EDIT: Oooh a new Chibi Robo game, too. Wasn't aware there was even a Nintendo Direct today, Japanese or otherwise.

Man, so if any Thumb has an extra 3-pack of Splatoon guys, I spent a bunch of time today looking around Calgary trying to find one and am totally out of luck. The one that really matters to me is the squid in the middle, so this is super frustrating. I wish Nintendo had their shit figured out a bit better on the production of these things.

Miffy: I'll check the Target and Best Buy next to work on my lunch break; there were still Heck Of amiibo end of day Friday, and I have a hard time believing collectors were still out and about at 8pm.

EDIT: Boy, was I wrong. Sorry  :sad:

I'm not sure you can even buy the triple-pack in Europe so the only way to obtain the squid was to preorder the special edition of the game which came with it (and not the other two). It's a pretty dirty trick, I hope they don't go further down this route given that it unlocks a bit more content than a lot of the others did.

Anyway I've imported the pack because I'm weak and stupid and if I come to regret it at least I can retire by eBaying them.

I'm not sure you can even buy the triple-pack in Europe so the only way to obtain the squid was to preorder the special edition of the game which came with it (and not the other two). It's a pretty dirty trick, I hope they don't go further down this route given that it unlocks a bit more content than a lot of the others did.

Chibi-Robo is exclusive to a bundle here in NA.

Nintendo's handling of the whole amiibo situation is really frustrating.

Yeah it's super frustrating.

Also I got my shipment of wave 4 amiibo, but I never managed to snag a Greninja or Jigglypuff or Lucina or Robin. So those are the ones I'm missing. ): ): Out of those I care about Jigglypuff the most, but I still want them all! I asked a friend of mine to grab Jiggly for me 'cause he said he was going to Target early in the morning. He told me the next day when I said I didn't find one after work that I should've asked him to grab one, 'cause he could have. GRRRR.

one of us

one of us

I'm this close to paying $100 to get a Ness and a Falcon so that I can complete the original 12. Such a dangerous game.

one of us

one of us

I'm this close to paying $100 to get a Ness and a Falcon so that I can complete the original 12. Such a dangerous game.

Turns out the most dangerous game isn't hunting people, it's buying Amiibos. Who would have guessed!

note: I have no goddamn idea where to put these. I don't like having little figurines and toys and shit everywhere

My desk is slowly being over run by Amiibos.

one of us

one of us

GAME in England recently re-stocked Ness and it went in like 10 minuets. There's already been news articles stating a restock of these figures.

Don't succumb to the scalpers and wait!