Jake

Idle Thumbs 183: The Anonymouses

I immediately googled the 60s Batman BluRay comparison shots and it's pretty neat!

I can see Cesar Romero's mustache even better now! (Like Sean, I also saw every episode as a kid, I loved it.)

Charger is the best at preventing shiva stacks, makes linear paths and ledges dangerous, and has by far the most powerful melee attacks which lets him down a low-health survivor and then charge a healthy survivor off into the distance, splitting a team's attention. I kind of would like to see the other pinning SI buffed up to the charger's level of overall effectiveness, since I think he's by far the strongest of the four. The angle and timing of his charge are super important.

The problem with the spitter is she just spits, and then might as well not exist. Occasionally she can get in some weak 4-damage scratches, and very rarely she can do something worthwhile with her death-puddle, but the spitting mechanic isn't that interesting and she doesn't have anything else going on like the confusion smoker or boomer can cause with their area effects or the damage the hunter and charger can do with melee. Area denial is something that is only rarely worth doing, and basically never worth giving up a pinner for, and cutting off routes only works if you can get it down early enough that it's matured enough to do damage when they get there but not so early that it's already fading away. The overwhelming majority of the time, the spitter just spits on whoever the charger hits to amplify damage. It's a relatively one-dimensional class.

I still disagree but we're arguing in circles.  They all have their strengths and weaknesses that are suited to different styles and strategies.  I think we should just leave it at that.

I would definitely play some L4D versus at some point. Like Problem Machine, I'd also need notice for reinstallation.

I don't know what it was, but I found this episode fairly irritating! Maybe it was that it was hot and I didn't have much patience for anything, let alone four grown men arguing over whether a fixed version of a game should be allowed to exist and whether or not movie marketers are doing their jobs properly.

The episode ended just as I took a break and went to Messina to get some really good gelato so I don't know whether that fixed it.

- read Merus' post

- see that besides myself, only Chris, Jake, and Sean are looking at this thread right now

- giggle just a tiny bit

- read Merus' post

- see that besides myself, only Chris, Jake, and Sean are looking at this thread right now

- giggle just a tiny bit

I... had the same thing happen to me.

One of us is a ghost.

Wait, wasn't this one of the really funny episodes?! What gives?

If I was the kind of man who posted very long smilies, I'd be posting that one of a guy shrugging. That was my reaction! Maybe it's not worth taking into account because you can't please everyone, but it's not like I'm trolling on Neogaf about Idle Thumbs either.

I mean, we're coming off an episode where Nick virtually cheated on his superstar girlfriend, and the next episode opens with Sean shouting the ad read and the dateline from the next room, so frankly this episode would have to have some very high highs to be one of the really funny ones.