Sign in to follow this  
Architecture

Amy Hennig and Naughty Dog Part Ways

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/amy-hennig-has-left-naughty-dog/1100-4873/

While specifics remain unclear, it's been confirmed that Uncharted creative director and writer Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog.

Hennig has not made a public comment on the news.

The initial report came from IGN, and Sony has since confirmed the news with Polygon. The original report characterized the departure as Hennig being "pushed out" of the company.

Sony said the change would not impact the development of the upcoming Uncharted for PlayStation 4.

Sony said the change would not impact the development of the upcoming Uncharted for PlayStation 4.

"A meteor fell squarely on Naughty Dog's headquarters this morning, demolishing it and everything in a four mile radius. All Naughty Dog employees are deceased and all game assets have been destroyed. Sony said the change would not impact the development of the upcoming Uncharted for PlayStation 4. Sony said the upcoming Uncharted for PlayStation 4 is beyond mortal influence and cannot be stopped. All that we can do with respect to the upcoming Uncharted for PlayStation 4 is prepare ourselves for its inevitable coming."

This is pretty upsetting for me, especially if it's true that she, "was "forced out" by The Last of Us directors Neil Druckman and Bruce Straley" like the Joystiq article reads.

Oh well, maybe she'll start another brand new series that people love.

I was also referring to the Legacy of Kain series. Those games have a loyal following, or at least they did until time forgot they existed.

Well, Riot does bring in a fair amount of money. Maybe they're looking to diversify their output and make a narrative-driven game?

Why would you go to Riot? Surely that is not better? Uhhhh...

Seems like that depends on what was offered.  Better employment package, chance to work on deeper gameplay/mechanics, etc.

I'm sure that Riot wants to leverage its huge fan base into something else, and with that kind of money and passion it's got to be something big. No surprise that a heavy hitter would jump ship to go over there.

I was waiting for the announcement that she had joined Amazon Game Studios.

Hey I'm not old!

I bet she was headhunted for this months ago and was the reason she left ND, which is also far more believable then Drunkman setting her on fire and throwing her out a window or whatever the rumour was

You can't deny how excited people were for uncharted in space after watching that 1313 gameplay, EA noticed and that's why they've gone after Hennig

Man, that's an unbelievably great fit for her: a competent studio with a license that's clearly influenced a lot of her work. She was basically writing dialogue for Harrison Ford anyway, might as well shift it all over to the real deal.

It'll be interesting to see how she functions in a different corporate atmosphere. I mean sure worked at Crystal D for years and got things done, but from what I can imagine EA is a very different culture than Naughty Dog.

Then again, probably doesn't matter when you're the high at the top; but hard to say and will be interesting to see.

Well that's lame. Nothing makes me more bored than hearing the words Star Wars. Even knitting is more interesting, way more interesting actually.

Well that's lame. Nothing makes me more bored than hearing the words Star Wars. Even knitting is more interesting, way more interesting actually.

You are an inhuman monster that we must burn so as to cleanse the world of your foul presence.

Preach it, brother. Star Wars more like Shit Wars.

Knights of the old republic, x wing/tie fighter and dark forces/jedi knight were all ok or better for their time (though possibly most of them don't necessarily hold up). Sure there are more interesting ways to go, but it doesn't implicitly mean any game made in that setting is automatically going to suck.

What if it's a Star Wars Knitting Simulator, with lightsaber knitting hooks?!