melmer

Dark Souls 2 (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor))

Those giants in the memories are probably my least favourite enemy in the game to fight. The throwers have ridiculous tracking/pivoting speed and the melee guys go through shields. Irritating as hell.

True that. And their fireballs seem to leave a residual flame which can harm you even as you get up from the initial blast. I've left a serious impression on the global death counter :P

True that. And their fireballs seem to leave a residual flame which can harm you even as you get up from the initial blast. I've left a serious impression on the global death counter :P

And the floor apparently :)

Haha, defo. 

Did a bit of co-op with Silent tonight. We struggled for a good long while to get up to the Ancient Dragon, then I got incinerated almost immediately. I don't think Silent fared much better, and it was a bit too fatiguing to try again so we went our seperate ways. Ace fun, though. I think the AD is one of those bosses which is quite a lot harder when you team up, so possibly an unfortunate first mission for an untested team. 

After that, I fought Vendrick, and eventually killed him. Good thing I specced into "Wedgie" - it was super effective. And then Nashandra, who folded like a pack of soggy playing cards. A few loose ends and it's on to NG+ :D

That was super fun, thanks for meeting up! But yeah that fight seems much harder with sunbros, he just gets so much darn health.

Congrats on Vendrick I hope to get there tonight. I am internally debating trying to fight through that Dark clan to try to get the sweet Dragon Chime before NG+ but ...

1. I hate dark looking zones and

2. I am terrible at this game so maybe I am not even good enough to get through that clan's ranks

Edit: wiki says you can also just kill Bumdiver Darkballs or whatever and get it that way. Whelp it was good knowin you dude, time to rack up my first point of sin!

I think there's a quicker way to get it.

Just kill Grandahl. That's what I'm going to do once I have enough faith to use it.

That was super fun, thanks for meeting up! But yeah that fight seems much harder with sunbros, he just gets so much darn health.

Congrats on Vendrick I hope to get there tonight. I am internally debating trying to fight through that Dark clan to try to get the sweet Dragon Chime before NG+ but ...

1. I hate dark looking zones and

2. I am terrible at this game so maybe I am not even good enough to get through that clan's ranks

Dragon Chime is AMAZING for high level miracle users.  Like its equivalent at +1 or +2 to the next best option at max level, with a higher casting speed.  If you're already a lightning user, I think you'll find the Dark to be manageable.  I rushed it crazy early on my current character because I needed the armor set you get at Rank 3 of the covenant for Fashion Souls (RPing as The King in Yellow alternating between the Warlock Mask, a crown and a hood with the rest of the pieces of the Xanthous Set).  So I used a Shrine skip and was able to get through it with just one copy each of Lightning, Greater Lightning and Emit Force and I was somewhere around SL65 or so.  I wasn't even able to use the Dragon Chime for awhile because of its 50 Faith requirement, but once I could use it...it's just soooo good.   Nothing slings lightning like it does. 

I think there's a quicker way to get it.

Just kill Grandahl. That's what I'm going to do once I have enough faith to use it.

Man, but the Chasms of the Dark are so freaking cool though.  If you haven't been through them, you shouldn't skip it. 

Hmmmm decisions!

Yeah I am way into lightning town now and am already at FTH 50 because of the Sun Spear. How long would you say it takes to get to rank 3 for someone like me (aka not super good at the game).

The whole thing can probably be done as quickly as 10 minutes if it's flawless, it's really not that long of a thing.  With some deaths, anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. 

General advice, be patient and take the regular enemies one at a time, snipe with the binoculars and lightning.  Use poison arrows if you have a bow.  In most areas, it's possible to aggro 2-3 enemies at a time if you rush, which is close to a guaranteed kill given the power of the enemies down there.  Overwhelming the boss as quickly as possible is the best strategy if you're not comfortable with a very difficult extended battle.  Use herbs to refresh your best spells if you've used them before the boss.  I've done it melee once, and it was fun for me, but that's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. 

And watch your step.  My first time through, gravity got me more total times than enemies. 

Yeah I beat every person I could find (about five) handily in the one under Drangleic.

...And then fell into a hole trying to find the exit.

Did you realize that the exit

is actually a hole you need to fall into?

So it took way longer than I figured, but the combination of Helix Halberd + Other Halberd powerstanced is finally picking up steam after yesterday's nerfs.  I quit using it pretty quickly after discovering it, then started again when I got 2 Helix Halberds on NG+, then very quickly quit again when I realized that's even more absurd.  Killed the Covetous Demon in...I think it was 4 hits with both of them buffed.  Not that he's a hard boss, but the damage is absurd when you hit the sweet spot.   Also looks like you can now stack enough defensive buffs to make yourself close to unkillable.  So that's fun for PvP. 

So I've played through like 1 3/4 times and just now found the turtle knight area in forest of the fallen giants...how the hell did I miss that?

I literally missed the entire wing of the game past the fog forest (into Bright Cove) so don't feel too bad. I sort of think I maybe missed a chunk of the Lost Bastille somehow too.

I did that on my first character, but ended up dumping him for a caster that i made for fun and went through everything on him

I'm about halfway through NG+ now and I am sure I am just missing a ton of shit.  My next playthrough will be with a new character and a little more... considered.

Yeah, I totally missed that door with my first character in the FoFG until I was at the very end of the game and I as going back to open up that obsidian black door.  I wondered the entire game where people got the groovy pointed hat.  It was right there the whole time. 

Spunked away about 25 Human Effigies throwing myself against the Darklurker yesterday. No special tricks, I've got a +10 mastodon halberd and I'm just trying to batter him as quickly as possible so that I don't have to deal with his split form for very long. 

However, this tactic is boneheaded, so I need to change things up a bit. I think I need more mobility, more magic resistance, more stamina, and to figure out his weakness so I can deal even more damage. My hardest boss so far.

I respecced to Pyromancy just to beat him. Nightmare. My special trick was shitloads of fireballs and rolling rolling rolling. Very 007 :/

I'm stoked for this.  The design glimpses you get of each area look great, and some of it seems to harken back to some of the best DS1 and DeS stuff (like Sen's Fortress and the Tower of Latria).  Also, whatever the T-Rex/Primordial Serpent hybrid thing is looks terrifying. 

I'm not expecting each of them to be the size of the DLC for DS1, but hopefully each is a good meaty area by itself, at least as big as the bigger areas in DS2 (like Iron Keep/Lost Bastille sized).  Also some nice sized outdoors areas would be nice. 

It's already up on Steam, $25 for a season pass.