• Logitech G500s
    • Steelseries Sensei [RAW]
    • Trackball
    • Other (please specify)

So it's come to this:

320502-logitech-g500s-laser-gaming-mouse

or

pressrelease_july_r3aw.jpg

I'm going on a bike ride. I expect a decisive answer when I return, as I plan to pick one of these up this very evening.

Help me make the right decision.

I can't speak to the G500s, but I love my G9x, which looks similar to the G500s.  Of course I don't actually use it for gaming much, I use it on my work machine.  It's crazy comfy and I use all the extra buttons and macro abilities to speed up my work. 

I can't speak to the G500s, but I love my G9x, which looks similar to the G500s.  Of course I don't actually use it for gaming much, I use it on my work machine.  It's crazy comfy and I use all the extra buttons and macro abilities to speed up my work. 

Yeah, I love my Logitech MX518, which was deprecated in favor of the G400 redesign, of which the G500 is a more deluxe version, so my vote's going there, too.

I've got a G700 that I really like as it can be used as both a wired and wireless mouse. The sensitivity is good, it's useful when I want to use my PC on TV, and the extra buttons are very configurable. On the other hand, these new "s" models are super ugly and I'd probably avoid them because I'm a superficial kinda guy.

I have the top mouse and I like it. I also appreciate the little program that comes with it and lets you customize stuff (I would guess that kind if thing is standard these days).

Mostly I think it feels great on my gaming mousepad and I don't mind the look.

Yeah, I love my Logitech MX518, which was deprecated in favor of the G400 redesign, of which the G500 is a more deluxe version, so my vote's going there, too.

I think I have one of those too, or something like it, and I've been using it for like 8 years. So another vote for Logitech!

I am using the M510 RIGHT NOW and, as was said, the G500 is the big brother of that line.

I bought this one as a direct replacement to a previous M510. It's pretty good.

I have the predecessor to the G500 you have shown.  They're virtually identical from a functional point of view and I've been mostly happy with it.  The two complaints I have are that the thumb buttons are a little too close and hard to distinguish (which you can eventually get used to) and my right click is starting to not work, but I've had this thing for probably 5 years so overall that's not bad.

Well, y'all will be happy to know I ended up with a Steelseries Rival instead. This thing feels really, really good. It also glides likes a dream, even on my wood veneer desktop. The thumb button placement and size pretty much sold me on it at the store. I probably looked like a crazy person, gripping mice in a Best Buy for half an hour before they closed.

I use a G9 and love it (which is unfortunate as it and the G9x are discontinued with no similar replacement in the new Logitech line). Before that I used a G5. It eventually died and I got the G9 as a replacement. I later found out that the G5 was still under warranty and Logitech would replace it for free, only the G5 was discontinued and replaced with the G 500 so I got that instead. I really don't like it, mine has a weird smooth metallic finish on it and I don't like the buttons so I've never used it.

I'm thinking about picking up this mouse - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4MQODC/

I currently use a wireless Razer Mamba which I like quite a bit, it just doesn't feel super nice in the hand and the battery life is lacking as I've had it for years now. This one looks pretty nice... 250 hours of battery life, takes AA batteries, and has hella buttons. Just nervous about trying another wireless gaming mouse - they seem inherently like a bad idea, but they're much more convenient for me.

I voted Trackball, specifically Logitech M570, because I always do that.

Is that the wireless one with the blue ball? If so I own it and it's great. I should have given it a mention in my previous post.

I'm pretty sure that my family owned the original Trackman Marble at one point:

3102JHY56FL.jpg

It's going to take me a while to get used to this mouse, but I think I'm gonna like it. I have learned that I do, in fact, actually need a mouse pad however.

I'm pretty sure that my family owned the original Trackman Marble at one point:

3102JHY56FL.jpg

It's going to take me a while to get used to this mouse, but I think I'm gonna like it. I have learned that I do, in fact, actually need a mouse pad however.

I think I still have one of those in the bottom of a drawer somewhere.  I may have to go looking.  I know it's super discolored from many years of good service.  I couldn't bring myself to throw it away when I finally replaced it.

All I can is that every Logitech mouse I've ever owned has delighted me. My current G9 has been going since 2009 and been subjected to obscene amounts of gameplay (500 hours in TF2 alone). It's only just starting to go a bit funny when moving the cursor around slowly, and aesthetically it's practically as new.

I voted for the Logitech, because I've had good experiences with Logitech mice. Currently I have a MX518, which looks vaguely similar to the G500s' shape and design.

After a few hours with this, I think I'm actually going to return it. The Rival is just too goddamn big. The palm hump and thumb buttons conspire to contort my hand into a gnarled mess of discomfort. Gonna try the Sensei [RAW] as I initially planned--I hate the feeling and over-designed nature of the Logitech.

I voted for the Logitech, because I've had good experiences with Logitech mice. Currently I have a MX518, which looks vaguely similar to the G500s' shape and design.

If anyone reading this is interested in buying a mouse off of all the people who like the mx518 or the G5, there's a mouse that actually is the same as those (as opposed to the G 500 which is similar). It's the G400.

Except that everyone wants me to buy a Logitech mouse, and I absolutely hate the way it looks and feels.

So, why make this topic if there were two choices, one of the two choices is a Logitech, and you actually refuse to buy a Logitech?

Not trying to be an ass, but I'm just not seeing the point of this thread.