I don't think any of the mainstream games media played the game for review on PC.

That's a shame, it looks pretty.

I feel like some kind of superhuman at this game because every match I've played I've had the most Titan kills on either side of the battle. I dunno, I just feel like the Titans are such a huge force multiplier that my priority is always to take them out as quickly as possible. I particularly like the Amped Sidewinder burn card, which gives you a ridiculously huge clip and some degree of autotargeting, allowing you to take down a Titan-per-clip if unimpeded. Titan pilots seem to prioritize other Titans, so you can easily get the upper hand if you just have a teammate take all of the attention.

I just read that you can hack turrets.

Should I be shooting the red bits on the titans? Does that do more damage?

Yeah, there's a little terminal beside each turret that you just have to hold x to hack.

I think the way they structured the story based 'campaign' is an interesting idea that could be used well, though they sure squandered it on a pile of baloney.

I think I remember Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Brink similarly trying to infuse a bit of story (or at least a thin premise) into the action. It's probably an unnecessary gesture, but I'd like to see it done successfully.

If anyone figures out a good way to deal with push-to-talk when using a controller, be vocal about it.

There are at least four new primary weapons, one new anti-Titan weapon and one new sidearm. Perks have mostly been relegated to burn cards, and I think that's incredibly clever.

There are at least 4 new weapons that you could not get even with the burn cards in the beta. Also, 2 new titans. And there are new titan weapons, new titan ordnances, and a lot more unlocks. There are also additional burn cards, and a bunch more maps.

There is a lot of game here.

The campaign would be great if they didn't call it a campaign. I love it when the bad guys drop knowledge like "Today's civilians are tommorow's militia. Do you want me to wait?"

Can I just chime in and say that downloading 50 gigs really sucks. Can I chime in and say that it is even worse when Origin's time left calculations are off by orders of magnitude. 

I wish I could make maps for this game, but I assume it's closed off to that kind of tinkering. The wall-runnin' and mantlin' and robottin' would all be interesting things to have to think about when designing an area.

Whatever I made would look like a pile of hot poop, but I'd like to think I could make something fun to play. I'm pretty bummed that this is not a thing I can do. 

I played capture-the-flag for the first time this morning. It's a completely different game. The wall-running and verticality make it very race-like and there is typically a titan-war happening that has to be traversed.

I played capture-the-flag for the first time this morning. It's a completely different game. The wall-running and verticality make it very race-like and there is typically a titan-war happening that has to be traversed.

That sounds so good. I just tried to queue for CTF and just sat there with three people on a team, finding no opponents. No problem getting games in attrition, so I just played more of that.

Has anyone else noticed that this is not a very chatty game on the whole? Not even that many "gg" or "glhf" posts before and after matches. I suppose that's better than the casual racism/sexual comments about your mother you get in a lot of games.

I've found it not very chatty, but I typically get responses if I drop a GG into chat or note a particular person's abundance of/lack of skill. Other than that, I tend to hear people with absolute garbage mics that I mute and people who are complaining about the mediocre "campaign". 

Push-to-talk being mandatory discourages chat. Last night, Architecture was speculating about whether or not this is intentional. Respawn has to be aware of COD's reputation for being a cesspool of juvenile attempts at hate-speech. They may be trying to avoid it with this split.

clyde and I ran into a clan of racists. I guess that would make them a klan, technically.

To be fair, we then ran into some intelligent conversationalists and a goofball once the bigots left.

Architecture was in there name-dropping Gone Home. It was an adventure.

I use the pregame chat box to engage in nonsensical faction-based roleplay. People usually get into it a little.

I don't know why, but I find it hilarious.

Roleplaying sounds like a good way to go about it. You can do some contextual trash talking, which sounds like a good idea.

While playing through the campaign I was just trying to strike up a conversation with people about how they thought it was working as a means of telling story in the game. One guy just wanted to say that it was bullshit, and another asked me if I liked fisting. Ok, then.

I almost bought this using a gift card, but it came down to choosing between a bicycle helmet and a video game, so, that was that.

Really should get that brain case tomorrow.