posh_somme

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I've never understood that part if Zelda games. Are the sages dead? Where are they? Can they ever leave?

I assumed they were dead in most cases, but they're pretty explicitly alive and just waiting until they can go home in A Link Between Worlds.

Speaking of which, I beat it! There's an alternate ending screen for Hero Mode, as it turns out.

ljerZcq.jpg

No matter what, it ends with a shitty font. Classic.

Gross. I'm gunna give you a solid two count so you can explain why that font isn't super good, or really crisp. Artisanal fonts are a hard thing to come by these days, but I feel your take on this certain situation is problematic. Explain yourself, or else, I'll consider dunking your ass like Obama, or refer to you as a shitty wizard. IT'S...time for you to create a bespoke reflection on your opinion. That tremendous font doesn't deserve that kind of critique.

Worst.

It's just a cheesy font choice. Doesn't match the art, looks cheap. Baboo.

Yeah I agree, just was an excuse to write dumb bullshit. Puffins.

I'm apparently font blind. I've read articles about why Comic-Sans is so bad and all that, but I just don't see it.

It's probably a blessing though, I imagine it would be like myself being a chemistry major and getting annoyed at all the pseudo-chemist crap they put in CSI, but with every single printed sign anywhere you go.

Comic Sans is shitty for a lot of situations and makes it hard for people to take what you write seriously because it looks silly. On the other hand, as an elementary school teacher, I find myself using Comic Sans a lot because it makes things I write feel more approachable for the 8 year olds who are going to be reading it. Everything has a use case.

I've never understood font arguments.

I've never understood that part if Zelda games. Are the sages dead? Where are they? Can they ever leave?

It's a weird idea and it sort of depends on which Zelda game you're talking about.  In Ocarina they basically hang out in the Sacred Realm until the end of the game and what happens depends on which branch of the timeline you follow.  In the original Link to the Past the maidens are all descendants of the sages so it's implied that the original ones died.  In Wind Waker, 2 of the sages are flat out stated to have been murdered by Ganon's forces which is why you need to find new ones.  In Twilight Princess, the sages are basically spirits, one of which was killed by Ganon.

Basically, the answer is it's complicated.

20120228134132273.jpg

That last one makes me really angry and upset for reasons I can't even understand inside my own head.

The B is a spoke wrench and the pictures shows a person in the process of tightening their spokes.