Sign in to follow this  
juv3nal

SUPERHOT

Like Briad with GUNS! Oh I seem to have thrown up on myself

Looks like a fun little distraction. I don't really understand the (what i perceive to be) joke name for something so aesthetically sterile. And I've become a hipster video game snob

The mechanic is certainly interesting and very cool. I just hope they focuse on making use of it instead of "weirdness" and words and faces flashing on the screen.

This is such a sweet concept. I hope it can be turned into some kind of actual compelling game as it seems like more of a tech demo. Iit does look like a good little puzzle game in its own right, I guess it'd benefit from further work as it doesn't seem to get much different. The concept is still amazing though, this needs to be in Max Payne 4.

I could definitely see this being extrapolated into a bullet hellish, Vanquish type shooter with dozens of enemies on screen creating far more elaborate movement puzzles. Very fun concept, indeed.

14 years has since The Matrix and I finally felt a little bit like Neo.

SUPER
HOT
SUPER
HOT

I have nothing else to say, I just felt that I should add that to the conversation.

I've been trying not to back too many things on Kickstarter since there are still a few things I backed that are a ways out (Frog Fractions 2, Massive Chalice). Still, this is making it pretty hard to resist. $14 is a pretty low commitment, and they already made a substantial proof of concept.

I really like the look of this game, but I just don't back Kickstarters. Funnily enough, the reason I never do is up on the Kickstarter page referring to a tshirt:

bac0a4b8acf3879b433ea0ac812061b4_large.p

Small changes? What changes? How small is small? 

I'm so boring...but I'll almost certainly be buying this when it's out on Steam.

Amazing. Although I don't think that Explosions are a good idea. Their logic is that it's cool, which it will be, but I think there's a problem in that you can't dodge explosions like you can bullets. Also they are less predictable. I'm not sold.

Still backed the fuck out of this coz fuck yes super hot. It looks so sweet. 

I'm backing it. $14 isn't a lot to lay on the line to help a really cool looking game get made, been excited for this game ever since the original demo.

It looks neat but it looks like something that would get old after about 15 minutes.

If you haven't yet, play that web demo (its in the OP). For what it's worth, it is only about 15 minutes, but its a much better proof of concept than just a video.

We live in a strange but wonderful world where veteran game designers are paying to develop a map for an indie game.

Superhot has been funded in a day. Awesome.

The $200,000 tier is for a replay mode, where you can view your run in real time. This will be fucking awesome.

So, the Replay Mode will allow you to rewatch the last level you’ve completed in real-time - which will probably make you feel even more bad-ass. We’re still looking into whether it should be first- or third-person and if we could also allow the players to save/import/export replays, or share them with other people. When we reach that $200,000 goal we’re going to make it as fun and easy to use as possible.

I just got this today and it's awesome. I've played it for an hour or so and I'm really enjoying it. If you even remotely like shooters just go and buy it. 

I just got this today and it's awesome. I've played it for an hour or so and I'm really enjoying it. If you even remotely like shooters just go and buy it. 

I've been playing it a bunch since yesterday and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The story is a bit underwhelming, but it's well presented. And the central mechanic is just so fun that I don't really care.

Now I'm just running through "Katana Only Challenge Mode" which is the most insufferably video game-y thing I've heard in a while, but that sort of doesn't matter. 

Yeah, the story did seem a bit silly to me but it's the most innovative shooter I've played in years. Especially when it comes to cool gimmicks. How are you finding the challenges? I found the katana is the best melee weapon but it's still pretty shit. I've thrown it through the level geometry a few times and not been able to pick it up. 

I'm enjoying the gameplay quite a bit. Throwing my empty gun at the enemy, catching his gun in air, and shooting him and his friend makes me feel like a badass every time. My only complaint is that sometimes the enemy spawning can feel quite "cheap". I guess I could make a 360 after every action to see if there are any new enemies around, but that is not badass.

Also, the weird white rooms with red shattering enemies look works really well for me.

I loved the story but I'm a sucker for that meta, postmodern, johnny mnemonic-esque story.

I never really felt that frustrated playing the game. Even when I was repeating certain levels multiple times because I kept dying because how cheap some of the spawns were. I always felt that I would beat in a few more tries.