davemonkey

Thumbs impacting my job

I am a usability consultant and we have been working with a government client to design and test an early childhood website and menu structure. 

One of the menu items in the 'For Parents' area is "Babies & early childhood" and every time someone said it out loud I heard it in Sean's voice. It didn't matter that they were a young Australian mum or a middle aged, kindly childcare worker. I heard 'Hot scoops' Vanaman dripping with contempt. 

This is making my job very difficult.

I see you guys have never heard about Steve Vanaman, the biggest, dirtiest Idle Thumb secret. I'm not supposed to talk about this, but whenadon[áre'[jky tol,GBfdghHELP

Oh so right! Damn.

You made a mistake, you could have just edited your post so it'd look like Twig was just enthusiastically agreeing with you.

I thought of that, but Twig was so adamant in his correction I didn't have the heart to not give him the satisfaction of a virtual head slap. 

I see you guys have never heard about Steve Vanaman, the biggest, dirtiest Idle Thumb secret. I'm not supposed to talk about this, but whenadon[áre'[jky tol,GBfdghHELP

But what is Steve Vanaman's feeling on baby games?

Tangentially related in that it involves thumbs and work: I was exhibiting at Pax Aus this weekend and met a woman at the booth who listened to Idle Thumbs, though I do not know how we got onto the topic. She posts on the forums, and we exchanged twitters, but she did not want to sacrifice the anonymity of her Thumbs Forum persona. Now it is this huge mystery and I am questioning everybody's identity in here.

SHE IS PROBABLY READING THIS POST. I SEE YOU CLAIRE.

I can't use wizards in software anymore.

Also, I met a fellow Idle Thumbs listener at PAX, but couldn't reveal my forum identity to him because I had called his project a baby ball game (I edited the post afterwards, as the game is actually quite cool). I was also afraid that he would find all the sexist and anti-semitic stuff I posted back in 2005.

No, it's time to lift the veil. Thanks for covering for me, guys, but I am Claire.

I am Claire. I'm doing that thing that would make you instantly recognise me.

It would be weird if I was Claire, even though I actually was at PAX. So I'm pretty sure I'm not Claire.

Ten bucks Claire's a lurker.

The best part is she should reveal herself right now in this thread and nobody'd believe her.

Man, there is a phrase customers say all the time that reminds me of a Thumb Thing, but I now I can't remember what it is.

Man, there is a phrase customers say all the time that reminds me of a Thumb Thing, but I now I can't remember what it is.

"Can you help me find the horsebag section?"

"Give me some space, asshole!" ?

"We could totally steal Jeff Goldblum's shoes!"