Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

You don't always get to keep the items, in the scavenger hunt I lost with my pockets filled with furniture and I didn't keep anything, I assume the same goes for the item you get from the item match if you lose on purpose. I think it's just fruit, bugs and fish?

I just bought the island membership thing, I'm not sure what it does yet, maybe it allows me to visit the island when I'm at someone else's village?

I just remembered that you have to "invest" in every place to make them upgrade, the shops become bigger the more you spend in them and the museum the more you donate? Will the coffee guy be in the museum this time too?

I just bought the island membership thing, I'm not sure what it does yet, maybe it allows me to visit the island when I'm at someone else's village?

It's basically matchmaking for the island multiplayer. When you talk to Kapp'n at the dock, you'll have the option of your regular island or Club Tortimer. If you choose Club Tortimer, you'll go to a different island with at least one other random person (either from within your region or worldwide) so you can play minigames and stuff in multiplayer even if none of your friends are around. You also get a different island every time (I think), so there might be different stuff available to buy, and you get more medals for beating the minigames.

If it's like the other games you'll eventually unlock a hair saloon?

Hmm, should you still water the flowers once you get a town development permit?

EDIT: I just found a guide that helps you know if Redd's paintings are fake or not.

Haha wow I had no idea it was so detailed! That's really really neat. Like I love this a lot. Bravo, Nintendo.

You guys keep mentioning a box you put all your fruit into? What and where is this? Only storage I could find was a file cabinet I bought and put in my house.

Also, that fake art link was amazing! That is a wonderfully simple way of indicating falseness.

Lastly, of course you should keep watering the flowers, unless you are some kind of a WEIRDO that doesn't like shiny flowers! Duh!

You guys keep mentioning a box you put all your fruit into? What and where is this? Only storage I could find was a file cabinet I bought and put in my house.

There's a wicker basket next to the counter on the island. If you interact with it, you can place up to 40 items you got from the island into it, and then pick them up from the basket on the dock in your town. It's a super easy way to make a bundle since the island has so many rare fish, bugs, and fruit trees.

So this morning I planted an orchard! I've got a few rows of various fruit trees at the moment. I plan on expanding it bit by bit as my fruit stock increases. I'm also putting in a park clock next to the bench, 

I decorated my new basement and asked to have a side room installed, I unlocked Cyrus' services, and I severely regretted not buying more turnips because Re-Tail is buying for 512 each.

512 each! DAMN. Is pre or post noon?! I may beg to come to your town some time this afternoon if it's... after noon. X:

Also I made 500,000 bells in two trips to the island last night. Going at night is better 'cause there's no grasshoppers! Ignore saw stag beetles and miyama stag beetles and dynastid beetles and and emperor butterflies and fruit beetles and wharf roaches and hermit crabs. Get everything else.

Ah, thanks teg. I haven't unlocked the island.

Also my town has a sweet new flag: uTfkcZg.jpg

this game has me bringing in the 3ds to the office just for the sweet play coins from the 10min walk in from my parking.

me = gamified. what the hell is even happening :blink:

edit: also, the part of downtown vancouver where my office is, is apparently pants for streetpassing.

512 each! DAMN. Is pre or post noon?! I may beg to come to your town some time this afternoon if it's... after noon. X:

It's afternoon. I'll leave my gate open for a while in case anyone wants in. just don't mess up my stuff.

I have not added you, and for some reason can't connect to the stupid wireless network here at work. At any rate, add me whenever. And other people, too. I posted my friend code in the 3DS friend codes thread but here it is again! (Also I'll probably add everyone at some point. Just been sorta busy ever since I posted mine!)

3926-5126-4107

I have not added you, and for some reason can't connect to the stupid wireless network here at work. At any rate, add me whenever. And other people, too. I posted my friend code in the 3DS friend codes thread but here it is again! (Also I'll probably add everyone at some point. Just been sorta busy ever since I posted mine!)

3926-5126-4107

I added you. I have to go do stuff, though. So I'm just gonna' leave the 3DS plugged in with the gate open for a while.

EDIT: closin' the gate now.

I started laying down some temporary tiles for paving. I'll be replacing them with something nicer once I get QR code sharing unlocked. Hopefully by then someone will have ripped all of the default tiles so that players can make curves and stuff.

A few end of the day screenies:

mTxvXSk.jpgrw0CKqG.jpg

doing some work on the orchard and the park

A1hYpvH.jpg

kVUVKwA.jpg

rbh4xLN.jpg

Three story house! The cutie-pie bedroom, the "random crap scattered over the floor" main room, and the seduction parlour

3CacHUt.jpg

The UFO is rad. It spins and floats in place and intermittently beams down a tiny alien

UoVQKjY.jpg

told you the villagers would point it out!

You put my town to shame, tegan.

Also, can you make animals leave town?  One decided to plop down where I was planning to eventually expand my orchard and he isn't even a very cool animal.

I just put a functioning gameshow wheel into my house, it's pretty awesome.

One of my villagers also walked up to me in the middle of the pitch black night and offered to sell me a skeleton, so of course i accepted the offer. It's weird having a human skeleton of normal proportions sharing house space with my football-headed Animal Crossing person.

Also, can you make animals leave town?  One decided to plop down where I was planning to eventually expand my orchard and he isn't even a very cool animal.

You kind of just have to bully them until they leave. Accept and then ignore jobs they ask you to do, or harass them with pitfalls. (Place them in front of their home's door to avoid collateral damage.) You can also just whack them a bunch with the net. (Hold A so you start sneaking around with the net ready, that way you can bypass the contextual shift to the talk command.) No matter what, it'll take a few days.

I've also just learned that the eldest of the Able sisters apparently gives you a QR reader in New Leaf, for trading designs, but you have to get her to warm up to you first. (Same process as previous games, just keep talking to her day after day until she gradually starts chatting back.)

ALSO - I really just don't like Blathers in this game, which bums me out, because he was probably my favorite character in the previous games. He's always been a very verbose hurdle when you're just trying to keep on top of your museum donations, but he used to have just tons and tons of unique dialogue that at least made it an entertaining process. Now he just repeats the same few lengthy lines over and over.

Yeah Blathers is lame. It's very sad. ):

I just loaded up a shipment of Nothin' But Big Beetles for sale tomorrow. Hopefully someone at work will have a decent turnip price to make up for my missed opportunity today. ):

Would've been THE BEST PROFIT.

Teddy moved in today... He is a giant teddy bear who likes surfing and calls me bro...

VlzI4it.jpg

fuck

54iLtC6.jpg

FUCK

gVE3geE.jpg

also my favourite villager almost moved out

SUXIpPL.jpg

gOOkhqS.jpg

at least I got a sweet new addition on my house

JCW434S.jpg

and paid it off so I can expand it

VuVx2z1.jpg

and got over 10,000 points from the HHA! They mailed me a rad shirt

54iLtC6.jpg

FUCK

Weird! I wonder how that happened? I thought fruit trees could grow basically anywhere in this one as long as there was an open space on all sides.

In the U.S., Nintendo is doing a promotion where you can take your 3DS to a Best Buy and download some DLC furniture. But it turns out that if you can't/don't want to go to a Best Buy, you can just temporarily change your wifi SSID name to Bestbuy (case sensitive) with no encryption and download it that way. I tried it yesterday and it worked (though it didn't just automatically connect; I had to create a Bestbuy network profile in my 3DS settings). I don't know if it would care if you try to connect from outside the country, but it's worth a shot if you want to get a raccoon wall clock.

I had a villager who had announced a few days ago that she was going to move out on the 20th, and I said I was OK with that because I want to keep rotating out a few of my villagers until I end up with Tangy and/or Bob. But then I made the mistake of talking to her again yesterday, and even though I told her "good luck" when she mentioned moving again, she changed her mind and decided not to move out after all. So I guess the moral of the story is that if somebody says they're going to move out, don't try to enjoy their company for those last few days; just shun them until they're actually gone.

Also, last night I dreamed that my 3DS charger was damaged and I was distraught that I would miss a few days of Animal Crossing while I waited for Nintendo to ship me a new one. I was hugely relieved when I woke up and my charger was fine. This game is consuming my life.

I visited teg's town yesterday and it was amazing. So many sharks and fishes in the museum. Teg also generously donated almost all the different fruits, so now I have them all planted.

As slow as it feels to have to go through the dialogue, wait for a connection, just to see if ANY of your friend's towns are open, it is sure worth it once you actually get to visit. It was much fun, Teg. Thanks! :tup:

Today I saw someone who left a sign at the train exit and baskets of fruit for visitors, which sounds neat... But wouldn't the villagers take them eventually?

I made a ridiculous amount of bells today, enough to pay for the rest of the construction of the bridge and a quarter of the loan debt, which reminds me....

Why all the Tom Nook hate? You arrive at the city homeless and with no job, no reference, no credit... and he gives you a loan WITH NO INTEREST and with NO TIME LIMIT.... He's a bloody saint, dammit!

Tom Nook always wants you under his thumb. Paid off your loan, eh? Looks like you could use an expansion!

I've added everyone in the thread. Please add me too! (0748-2206-1517)

I don't think you've added me

1134 7849 0600

thanks! also note that Tom Nook's indiscriminate lending practices are what led to the sub prime crisis. Plus I hear if you play for long enough without ever paying, he sends a gang of 'oids to bust yer kneecaps.