Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

so there's no need to resort to pseudoscience to come up with an excuse not to buy and drink it.

Are you saying all of the studies that refute the supposed benefits of milk did not adhere to the scientific method and are not valid?

He's not questioning their validity, he's questioning their relevance.  The issue can be more powerfully answered by morality than personal health.

Fair enough and I agree with that. I just don't think it is quite correct to refer to evidence suggesting that milk isn't good for you as "pseudoscience". 

RE Healthy Food and Studies:  I like this visualization, which updates itself as studies are published (note I'm not suggesting that this information is 100% accurate or valid, I just think it looks cool).  Nothing in there on milk though.

RE Chinese lactose intolerance:  It's a strange thing.  I'm Chinese (born and raised in the US) but I've never had any issues with lactose and I love cheese.  My parents can't really tolerate dairy products and it's generally true for most people China.  I'm a weird exception I guess.

He's not questioning their validity, he's questioning their relevance.  The issue can be more powerfully answered by morality than personal health.

Random thought: http://www.kongregate.com/games/chiefwakamakamu/socrates-jones-pro-philosopher fucking awesome game.  Not much to say about it really, but it's kind of hilarious and great.

That was an incredibly fun game. Wow. I'm sad I finished the entire thing in like 2 hours. (On the other hand, 2 hours of entertainment for a free Flash game seems pretty awesome to me.) I love the Phoenix Wright style of game, and I actually learned quite a bit about different philosophical theories. I also always kind of thought along the same lines as John Stuart Mill, so it was really eye-opening to see some arguments against it. All in all I loved this game. Just wow. 

I woke up at 6am with the sudden idea to make an Idle Thumbs Kart racer. It would include all of the major characters of games frequently discussed on Idle Thumbs, each with their own unique abilities. The best is Dishonored Guy, who can blink ahead several meters. His kart is called the Magnificent Mask.

I'm waiting for my takeaway and there is an antiques auction going on across the road. Kinda want to go in and buy something random and sexy from the early 1900s.

I'm planning to get a stud finder to make sure that some stuff I plan to mount is properly mounted to a stud. First thing I'm going to do is point that thing at myself. Fingers crossed for flattering results.

Camera right.

I'm going to be in big trouble if that stud finder tells me that I'm not a stud.

I don't know what thread to put this information in and I don't want to start a new one just for this, so it's going in here.

I just learned that Tom Clancy died on Tuesday.  I'm not really into any of his stuff, be it books or games, but my first thought was "Oh man, what's going to happen to Sam Fisher?  Are there going to be no more Idle Thumbs Splinter Cell jokes?".  I then felt terrible that this was my first thought upon hearing someone died.  I'm a bad person.

My brothers reaction was. "Oh ya, he looks like an eagle". When I googled Tom Clancy looks like an eagle to no result he told me to search for "Tom Clancy looks like a hawk".

I don't know what thread to put this information in and I don't want to start a new one just for this, so it's going in here.

I just learned that Tom Clancy died on Tuesday.  I'm not really into any of his stuff, be it books or games, but my first thought was "Oh man, what's going to happen to Sam Fisher?  Are there going to be no more Idle Thumbs Splinter Cell jokes?".  I then felt terrible that this was my first thought upon hearing someone died.  I'm a bad person.

I don't think you need to worry too much, as Splinter Cell actually has very little to do with Tom Clancy himself anymore. Even the Splinter Cell books aren't written by him, they just have his name/logo on them. Tom Clancy has become closer to something like a brand than an individual, especially relating to games bearing his name. 

I don't think you need to worry too much, as Splinter Cell actually has very little to do with Tom Clancy himself anymore.

Well, yes.