Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Pilkington is maybe the greatest mind of our generation...
Possibly the stupidest, but definitely one of the greatest.

I'm sure this has been talked about before but I just want to state how douchy I think people are that go around proclaiming they don't watch tv, use the internet, or play video games.

This most often comes up when I am first getting to know someone. I maybe tell them about some tv shows I like or some video games I'm into and they respond with a snarky little "Oh, I don't watch tv (or even own one) or do any of that kind of stuff."

So I ask them what they like to do and the response is always the same: hiking, volunteering, and church stuff.

These are usually people I work with and without fail, each one has turned out to be a major douche who thinks they're better than everyone else. Fuckers.

wyatt cenac has a great bit about the "not-watching tv" thing on his album. Rightly pointing out that those people still watch tv, just on their laptop or something. It's pretty good

I was reading one of those daily comics websites and I saw this in Calvin and Hobbes

Specifically, I'd like to debate whether cannibalism ought to be grounds for leniency in murders, since it's less wasteful.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I think you should at least be able to have your body donated to cannibals after you die.

When I die I want my body either donated to cannibals or necrophiliacs. 

I don't watch tv. I really want to watch game of thrones but I missed the start of S3 and I have no internet to download it.

Apart from that i just watch cooking shows when I'm at my brothers house.

I don't watch tv. I really want to watch game of thrones but I missed the start of S3 and I have no internet to download it.

Apart from that i just watch cooking shows when I'm at my brothers house.

Beautiful sarcasm on so many levels. The icing on the cake is the signature line "Currently Playing: League of Legends..."

Oh god. I forget about the sigs on mobile! No sarcasm there! I'm waiting for S3 to end so my friend can burn it to DVD for me. I was surprised to learn he had a DVD burner still.

Also like dota 4eva.

Oh god. I forget about the sigs on mobile! No sarcasm there! I'm waiting for S3 to end so my friend can burn it to DVD for me. I was surprised to learn he had a DVD burner still.

Also like dota 4eva.

Was the whole post serious? If so, oops, I'm sorry for taking it the wrong way.

I read it as "I don't watch tv", followed by an implication that you've seen seasons 1 & 2 of GoT and that you watch cooking shows at your brother's house (which would both be counter to the "I don't watch tv statement). Then the no internet comment with the LoL in the signature.

Now I realize you probably mean you don't take the time to sit there and watch tv at home and just catch whatever shows interest you through other methods. And the signature being out of date explains the internet thing. Damn, I totally had it built up as an amazing sarcastic post.

I can relate somewhat to the tv thing. Most of the tv I watch is when I'm spending time with my wife so I don't see much beyond the most horrible of horrible reality tv (although we did watch Breaking Bad and Walking Dead together). When it comes to me time and I'm deciding between video games and tv, video games always win.

Haha. No probs. a housemate once described as the most passive aggressive person he ever met.

GoT Is about the only thing I'm interest in watching in the last year so I just don't turn the thing on. I get fragments of home and away and csi from my housemates but that's about it. News and current affairs from reading Internet at work. FB and idle forums on my mobile. I badly miss having YouTube soundtrack and playing games online though:(

When I need a new game I bring my computer to mum parents. They have silly fast Internet. I get podcasts and apps at work or my sisters house. Also, I watched the three seasons of arrested development over a few months on my tablet on Netflix while staying at people's houses. It's pretty much roughing it in the bush for the modern netizen.

The interactive medium wins for me nearly always to! Why watch a mystery being solved when you could be solving one.

My housemates friend told me a few weeks back that she thought people who didn't drink tea were arrogant. I got tarred with that brush too!

Edit: I have breaking bad on DVD for around 18 months now. Ill watch it some time... Half watched over the last three years are firefly and BSG. Ill finish them at some point in the future too I'm sure.

Another edit: this is all because I live in an amazing house surrounded by amazing views and cows and nature, but there is no bloody phone line tuning up to the house and the mobile optima around here are pretty terrible. My phone is the fastest connection in my house.

I don't watch "live" TV.  Any TV I watch is either from the DVR or some kind of streaming.  And even then, I usually only watch while making/eating food.  I'm probably going to get rid of my cable TV service entirely once I move into my new house.  I don't really watch anything I need cable for and I'm paying a fortune for it.

Ah cool dibs. I can appreciate that.

My gripes are solely with people that claim to not touch modern technology at all and act like they are better people than everyone else because of it.

I don't watch "live" TV.  Any TV I watch is either from the DVR or some kind of streaming.  And even then, I usually only watch while making/eating food.  I'm probably going to get rid of my cable TV service entirely once I move into my new house.  I don't really watch anything I need cable for and I'm paying a fortune for it.

We got rid of cable last year and got the Roku (went from $120 per month to $16). Also, having a Blu-Ray player with streaming, the PS3, and Xbox 360 we had more than enough devices to get Netflix and Hulu on every tv. It is definitely hit or miss on what is added or removed from these services based on what deals Netflix and Hulu are able to negotiate but it still works for me since I'm so distracted by video games anyways. 

Games have spoiled me to the point that I never want to JUST watch something.  That's why I do other stuff when I watch TV.  Even when I am watching something, I end up playing with my phone/laptop/DS/other thing at the same time.  I had a roommate in college who smoked, not so much because he liked to smoke but because it gave him something to do with his hands all the time.  I used to think that was weird.

Also, having a Blu-Ray player with streaming, the PS3, and Xbox 360 we had more than enough devices to get Netflix and Hulu on every tv.

You have a Blu-Ray with streaming AND a PS3 or your PS3 is your Blu-Ray player?

Breakdown of Blu-Ray players and stuff that can stream:

regular Blu-Ray player (downstairs tv)

Blu-Ray player with streaming (game room tv)

PS3 (bedroom tv)

Xbox360 (game room tv)

Roku (downstairs tv)

Wii (downstairs tv)

So I can stream, play games, and watch Blu-Rays/DVDs on every tv in the house. I mostly stick to games though unless I am watching stuff with my wife or daughter. I am also spoiled.

Your consoles seems to be spread out all over.  When you want to play a game, do you have to go to a specifc room in order to play it?  That idea amuses me for some reason.

Your consoles seems to be spread out all over.  When you want to play a game, do you have to go to a specifc room in order to play it?  That idea amuses me for some reason.

Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up. It agonizes me to not have all of my consoles in my game room. Here is a glimpse into how my wonderfully consolidated room with all of my consoles became fragmented (in list form because I love things in list format):

1. We had cable on all our tvs and didn't use Netflix or anything. At this point all of my consoles were in my game room and I was happy.
  2. We got into Wii Fit for awhile and decided to move the Wii downstairs so we would have more room (I died just a little at this point).
  3. We cut the cable and got a Roku leaving us with only basic over-the-air channels on all tvs except the game room tv.
  4. I remembered the PS3 and 360 could stream shit and moved the Roku (the WiFi version) downstairs so that we could have two tvs with streaming (didn't want to use the Wii for streaming because no HD).
  5. Black Friday came around and we got a Blu-Ray player with streaming for the bedroom. Brought it home and realized it didn't have WiFi and my router is in the game room. Wife was pissed because she wanted Netflix and Hulu in the room so I made the difficult decision to move the PS3 into the bedroom (I died a little more) for streaming since it has WiFi and put the new Blu-Ray player in the game room so I could plug it in to my router.

Luckily most of my gaming is on the 360 and PC so it hasn't been too much of a hassle but it still makes me really sad to break all the siblings up like that.

I haven't had cable/satellite for years. Frankly I'm not sure what the point is anymore since I can just torrent stream everything anyway.

(And if I really like it, I buy the Blu-Ray)

So I was driving in the car the other day with my wife and daughter and I farted. It smelled terrible but I was quite enjoying it and was very proud of the smell I had produced. I was confused however, when my wife didn't say anything. Normally she gets very disgusted and makes me roll the window down. 

After a few seconds she proclaims, "I farted and it smells really gross". At that instant, my enjoyment turned to pure disgust because I realized that at least part of what I was smelling did not come out of my own ass. I then admitted I had farted too and saw her come to the same realization about what she was smelling.

We then rolled the windows down and finished driving home.

You know, I don't really care for the gross stories anymore. It was funny and jarring at first, but there are a million fart & poop & penis places already on the internet. I'd hate for Idle Thumbs to become one.

This thread is for random thoughts Rodi, that was banana coherent.

You know, I don't really care for the gross stories anymore. It was funny and jarring at first, but there are a million fart & poop & penis places already on the internet. I'd hate for Idle Thumbs to become one.

Okay okay. I'll try to find a more mature way to express myself I guess.

I'm a little confused though considering pretty much over half of the Idle Thumbs episodes are a deluge of poop and penis jokes. I really don't get how someone can like the podcast and be put off by that kind of stuff. I don't understand how it can piss you off so much.