I think above all Mind Game is a must see, since I think that's his most famous work and it's a self contained and multilayered movie. I'd also recommend his short on the first Genius Party anthology. Cat Soup is also a hilarious short he worked on, but he's not a director there, just the animation director and is credited for the story. Kemonozume is apparently a great show but I haven't watched it yet.

Thanks! A lot of these have been suggested to me before (Mind Game and Tatami Galaxy) but I never connected the dots and realized that they share a common creator. 

Started watching Gravity Falls 'cause tegan was talking about it. MAN OH MAN. Lovin' it. I feel like it's one step away from Sam & Max. Lots of crazy antics with supernatural wackiness. Basically just missing the swearing and we'd be good to go.

Also I really dig the opening video. It's just really nicely animated and put together in a lot of ways.

So how many pages of this thread are dedicated to Rick and Morty?

kDSfgsj.jpg

OtlLbD9.jpg

Definitely my favourite cartoon ever. That isn't a hyperbole, this cartoon is objectively, subjectively, my favourite cartoon. Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland come together to give birth to a baby of twisted tropes and a cheeky continuity.

wdjxG8p.jpg

I really dislike the art of Rick and Morty. A ton. It's completely unattractive.

In other news I binged through all of Gravity Falls late last week. It is utterly fantastic. It is pretty much exactly what I want it to be. I love it. Don't have much else to say except thanks tegan for always talking about it 'cause damn it's rad.

In two days I watched all of Rick and Morty.

I love it. It's brilliant. I also didn't think it looked that great, but I felt the humour more than made up for it. Of course, I also concede that is will probably not be everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah the designs are off putting but it is fully animated which is a surprise at this point, and the timing and acting is great.

FINE GUYS I'LL GIVE IT A SHOT. GEEZ. GUN TO MY HEAD, WHYDONCHA.

FINE GUYS I'LL GIVE IT A SHOT. GEEZ. GUN TO MY HEAD, WHYDONCHA.

Imagine if Futurama were occasionally directed by David Lynch or Martin Scorsese, and if that's your thing then I'd give it a go.

I never had an issue with the premise, only the art. It's like really super ugly. Futurama's art is a whole lot more appealing (though still not my favorite).

I think the somewhat ugly art goes with the naturalistic dialog but I know what you mean. It all looks like it's drawn in someone's school binder.

I started watching Rick and Morty after reading Film Crit Hulk's praises of it, and agree that the show rules. I definitely find the animation pretty off-putting, and for some reason having Morty burp as much as he does drives me nuts, but overall the show is really good. I'm quite enjoying it.

Well I started and finished all of the available Rick and Morty last night on accident. It's really, really good. It also is way less ugly when I'm actually watching it fully animated (or maybe I just accepted it and got used to it, either way).

By the way, for anyone who hasn't noticed it yet, both Rick and Morty are played by the same voice actor who plays Lemongrab from Adventure Time.

Holy shit, this episode of Steven Universe.

Iv2rbSL.png

gotta go fast

I watched the first episode of Rick and Morty and it wasn't my thing.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Just meh. I smiled at bits, maybe a chuckle at a few jokes. The art style didn't bother me as much as the constant burping and the fairly predictable jokes. The intro was cool though.

Adventure Time is still better. Which reminds me that the Masaki Yuasa episode has been aired already. Shoot. Need to get onto that.

Oh my god, I need my PSP and import copy of Gitaroo Man RIGHT NOW.

If you have a smart phone made in the last 3 years, you'd be able to run an emulator at full speed on an android with a game pad. I have one which clips onto my phone which I really enjoy.