melmer

Destiny

I'm using a scout rifle for PvP, and it's not as bad as I thought. I think it's because it's got the automatic fire upgrade. So are none of the Hand Cannons from vendors worth buying? That sucks. 

Future War Cult - The Fulcrum

New Monarchy - Red Hand IX

Roll for -

Sights - Truesight IS, Quickdraw IS
Perk 1 - Zen Moment, Final Round
Perk 2 - Snapshot, Speed Reload, Braced Frame
Perk 3 - Army of One, Hidden Hand, Luck in the Chamber, Counterbalance

Zeus, his buddy Zasa, and I took a crack at Level 35 PoE last night. We ended up getting stuck on the fourth round (the Fallen, Eliminate Target round), before finally throwing in the towel. We plan to try again tonight though.

Ugh, that round is really annoying. The easiest way to do it is with a bubble Titan + Helm of Saint-14, so you can blind the VIP right before he reaches the waypoint and then kill him easily. If you don't have a Titan or that exotic, you can get him on the first round by waiting at the door and nuking him, but on the third wave he doesn't usually come out for at least 5-10 seconds so you can't hang around long enough to get him. You might have better luck waiting on the right side of the arena instead of the left, and sniping him from there.

We didn't finish the raid, Atheon proved too hard for a group of 5 with a new guy and one guy who hasn't done hard mode before. But on the bright side, practically every got some experience with the relic and I think a good night's sleep + 1 extra person will do it for us.

Also, my apologies if I was getting testy in the end. I think I've just gotten too used to groups where practically everyone knows what they're doing, but I shouldn't have let it bother me as much as I did.

If anyone got any weapons from the raid thus far, make sure you upgrade them so that you're well equipped for future raids. All of them have perks that let you do more damage to oracles, which is pretty handy.

Yeah I was getting a little ticked off towards the end there and I already had a bad combination of two much sugar, not enough to eat, and just a little too much stress. And once I was reminded that we could just come back to it I felt it was a much better idea to come back to it later.

We ran 35 PoE again tonight.This time we managed to reach Skolas and get him to about 50% on our first two attempts. Unfortunately we had to call it a night again. One of these nights we'll have a bit more time, and we'll get him. On the plus side, I think we feel pretty confident with the first five rounds now. 

I'm a huge idiot. Sorry about last night, I was really tired and I completely forgot I had signed up to do the raid. I kept getting invites and thinking "Why the hell are people asking me to play Destiny?"

Yeah, it was a rough time, but hopefully we can round up six people and blast through it.

Is Spare Change .25 one of the "good" legendaries? I can never keep all of the names straight

If another one is scheduled then I'll make an effort to show up for it. I'm seriously really sorry, I feel like a right arsehole for forgetting about everything yesterday. I didn't even realise until I came on here and read the posts this morning.

Yeah, it was a rough time, but hopefully we can round up six people and blast through it.

Is Spare Change .25 one of the "good" legendaries? I can never keep all of the names straight

It's good stats-wise, but the recoil pattern is pretty bad and the stability leaves something to be desired. The "in" thing right now is Hopscotch Pilgrim, which drops from Dragon Strikes/28 POE and has a much better recoil pattern and really solid stability. It's like a Messenger but better.

If another one is scheduled then I'll make an effort to show up for it. I'm seriously really sorry, I feel like a right arsehole for forgetting about everything yesterday. I didn't even realise until I came on here and read the posts this morning.

It's alright it happens. I just assumed you were off getting married to some cat elf in FFXIV. ;)

Also I'm gonna hop on and start playing around 1:PM my time so I'm good to go around then if anyone wants to meet up to finish the raid.

It's alright it happens. I just assumed you were off getting married to some cat elf in FFXIV. ;)

Also I'm gonna hop on and start playing around 1:PM my time so I'm good to go around then if anyone wants to meet up to finish the raid.

If you do get a group together, feel free to invite me, I won't ignore it this time! :D

It's all good, wasn't trying to point fingers or anything.

Jon, is there some kind of master list floating around out there somewhere of the guns to be on the lookout for? I never have any idea of what's trash and what's not.

It's all good, wasn't trying to point fingers or anything.

Jon, is there some kind of master list floating around out there somewhere of the guns to be on the lookout for? I never have any idea of what's trash and what's not.

I know, I just feel bad anyway for signing up and not showing.

Jon has a really good guide here for the best PvP weapons and perks. There's also this doc which gives an in-depth breakdown of the stats on every weapon. In general if you want to keep up with this stuff, you should read the Crucible Playbook subreddit. They're really good for working out the best weapons, and just giving good general PvP advice.

Sorry that I keep having to reject invites from you guys during the day. Hopefully I can carve out a few hours for a raid one of these weekends again but typically, if I'm on during the day, I'm just screwing around doing bounties since I have my kids running around and can't commit to much more than a half hour or so usually. Most of my dedicated play time tends to happen later in the evening. If you see me on any time, feel free to send an invite if you're looking for another and I'll do my best to make myself available when I can.

Also, PoE 35 last night was a lot of fun. I think we'll be able to take Skolas down without too much issue now that we've spent some time on the fights. Hopefully the modifiers next week are more in our favor.

The normal mode tour of Vault of Glass was a lot of fun tonight, cheers again guys.

It was indeed. Between the aborted Hard Mode run and this one, I got Fatebringer, Atheon's Epilogue, and Praedyth's Revenge. Pretty good haul.

My hunter is now level 29. I've had the weirdest luck. 2 legendary snipers have dropped, 4 epic weapons and a single chest piece (which I already found a legendary for making that a downgrade.

Not a single epic piece for my hat/gloves/boots. Bah!

I'm really liking PoE though, it's a fun mode, I just wish the first 2 fights weren't there. They're easy and boring, it's the last 2 and the boss which are a lot of fun. I had a fight with the Cabal, where I could not stay on the ground. Every time I tried to land and recover, I was being shot from a different area. So I was dancing around picking off people while my two team mates focussed down the boss.

It was so much fun! I was constantly red health, got loads of kills and indirectly kept my team safe by harassing all the AI. 

Where do you get the keys for it? I had 1, but it doesn't feel like it's worth running without a key.

My hunter is now level 29. I've had the weirdest luck. 2 legendary snipers have dropped, 4 epic weapons and a single chest piece (which I already found a legendary for making that a downgrade.

Not a single epic piece for my hat/gloves/boots. Bah!

I'm really liking PoE though, it's a fun mode, I just wish the first 2 fights weren't there. They're easy and boring, it's the last 2 and the boss which are a lot of fun. I had a fight with the Cabal, where I could not stay on the ground. Every time I tried to land and recover, I was being shot from a different area. So I was dancing around picking off people while my two team mates focussed down the boss.

It was so much fun! I was constantly red health, got loads of kills and indirectly kept my team safe by harassing all the AI. 

Where do you get the keys for it? I had 1, but it doesn't feel like it's worth running without a key.

Queen Bounties from Petra. She'll give you one a week and you can sometimes find more in the chests that spawn after you kill the Wanted bounties.

In terms of it being worth it, though, the first opening of the big chest on each character is what really counts, because that's when you have the highest chance to roll an exotic. I usually open it every time because I have a boatload of keys across my characters and I can't resist, though.

Oh, I've not bothered with the bounties, I'll get to them, but I was trying to max both my marks. I guess I've already received it this week. Maybe my titan could get another one.

I'm going to try and do the weekly/nightfall tonight and if I can't find a group, I guess I'll try to work on the dreaded thorn bounty. 

Oh, I've not bothered with the bounties, I'll get to them, but I was trying to max both my marks. I guess I've already received it this week. Maybe my titan could get another one.

I'm going to try and do the weekly/nightfall tonight and if I can't find a group, I guess I'll try to work on the dreaded thorn bounty. 

You get one guaranteed key per week by doing at least one bounty. Beyond that, treasure keys have a chance to drop from Queen's Packages which you get for every Queen's 3-4 bounties you do.

There is some synchronicity there, like yesterday there were two bounties for the moon (200 shards, 6 patrols) which would have worked well with the two weekly Queen's Bounties that were located at the moon. I just try to get to them whenever there is such a coincidence, within the span of a week there are usually at least one or two planet-specific bounties that can be done at the same time as Queen's. You can also get treasure keys from opening the small chests in the last room of POE.

I still don't understand how to use the100.io, it says I can join 3 groups, but each time I try to join another, it kicks me out of my current group. 

I still don't understand how to use the100.io, it says I can join 3 groups, but each time I try to join another, it kicks me out of my current group. 

If you go to My Account > Help in the top right corner, there is an open chat for support that you could maybe ask that question in and get help. I've only ever been in one group at a time so I don't know how to address your issue personally.