melmer

Destiny

On maps with enough space, scout rifles are totally viable (I mean they're no Thorn/TLW but nothing is right now). At close range they do suffer though. If you have a MIDA that's a great one to use.

I think the only way a hand cannon will kill in two body shots is maybe Hawkmoon if they're lucky and get both luck-in-the-chambers to proc back to back but that won't be a regular thing.

I've been trying to do five PVP matches a day for the last two weeks to prep for trials so if anyone is looking to get some practice in feel free to join me when you see me on. I've also have been thinking about starting a weekly PVP event on the 100 where we try to get three plus people together every Saturday if that seems like a good idea..

Go for it...I'd bet you'll be able to pull in three of us on a decently regular basis.

Alright I started an event for 1 PM my time on Saturday. Let me know if that's a bad time for anyone, I feel like that should be OK but what do I know?

Sure, that's 8PM UK so it's fine for me.

For hand cannons, the only way to get a two shot kill is either two headshots with Thorn (which leaves you to burn out from the DoT), or Hawkmoon proccing two bonus damage shots in a row.

It's actually possible for Hawkmoon to double proc on one shot which is enough to OHKO some people with lower armor.

Alright I started an event for 1 PM my time on Saturday. Let me know if that's a bad time for anyone, I feel like that should be OK but what do I know?

Joined, but just a heads up you set it up for Monday :P

Well it was only one guy, but it felt too consistent for the luck. Maybe the guy was just getting head shots, because it was definitely no more than 2 hits.

I actually did better than I expected I would. My K:D was just below 1.

I also gave prison of the elders a go. It's pretty fun! It's basically the same as doing a mission, but without the story. It was a bit easy, but that's probably because my group was over levelled.

Tune in this Friday when Crazy Xur comes into town with his wares for 50% off! Careful though, only one of those Gjallarhorns is the real deal!

Can we imagine though if Bungie did a Crazy Xur week where he just sells exotic engrams? Like, I dunno, 7 coins a pop, give people the option to swap motes for coins instead of vice versa.

And then you just roll all No Land Beyonds

If we get enough people for PvP (it seems possible?) we could try running sweaties, which is just a dumb term Destiny players use for a finnicky way to arrange private matches. You just make two fireteams of three and try to matchmake into Rumble or Skirmish. If the fireteam leaders are geographically close and both teams try to matchmake at the same time, there's a relatively high chance of matching together. You watch the roster screen for the second the other team pops up and if it's not right you back out. It usually only takes <10  tries and once you're in together you can keep playing until someone backs out.

Between Xur last week and the Nightfall/Heroic this week I'm wondering if the Bungie RNG is losing it

I was pleasantly surprised to see all the burns were on, after no burns last week. It made this week's Nightfall a cakewalk.

I had a go at soloing Crota's End today.

It went pretty well. I died a bunch on Ir Yut and Crota. In the successful run I had to use 3 swords on Crota because I screwed up the first one. Mostly the trouble with him is doing the rockets to bring his shield down. And for some reason I thought it'd be smart to kill the swordbearer with a shotgun instead of sniping him, so I died alot to the mass of thralls around him. It was fun though, I recommend trying it before Gjallarhorn gets nerfed.

Very slick, I should give that a go soon once my Bladedancer is fully upgraded. That invis was super handy the whole time.

I finally got my Thorn bounty last night and am on the 'kill with void damage in multiplayer' phase. So far it doesn't seem too bad. For those of you who have a Thorn, is the final phase with the special boss solo-able? I'm guessing not since it has the epic modifier.

I finally got my Thorn bounty last night and am on the 'kill with void damage in multiplayer' phase. So far it doesn't seem too bad. For those of you who have a Thorn, is the final phase with the special boss solo-able? I'm guessing not since it has the epic modifier.

Congrats! Lots of people complain about that phase but it's not too hard if you can hold your own in the Crucible. The final phase needs a group, it mostly involves clearing out Phogoth's room and waiting for a good 15 minutes for the named wizard to show up. There are usually groups on DestinyLFG running it, but you could put a 100 post up and get a group here.

Thanks! I might just go that route then and team up with randoms so I'm not bothering other people who don't need it.

The multiplayer part isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I only played two games last night and did really terrible in the second one and still somehow managed to get to 49 points. So far I've been using a void Party Crasher +1 shotgun and The Dreamwalker rocket launcher. I'm tempted to switch over to my void fusion rifle though to give myself a little range. And because I get into this terrible habit of just rushing into groups of enemies like a mad man whenever I have a shotgun equipped.

The fusion rifle will help at range, but they're pretty underpowered right now compared to shotguns. Plus, the Party Crasher is one of the best shotguns around right now. Give it a try, use whatever feels comfortable. Remember that special ammo is at a premium so you don't want to be wasting shots.

The bounty isn't actually too punishing; You get 5 points for a kill and lose 2 when you die. As long as you get one kill for every two deaths you'll end up making progress.

I need to run Xyor on one of my characters, hit me up if you see me free and I'll totally run it. I could probably get a third to help us if need be.

Thanks Jon, I'll let you know. Hopefully I finish the pvp portion tonight or tomorrow.

This Monte Carlo/Throwing Knife combo looks hilarious, I really want to get one of these so I can try it.

That makes me want to level up a hunter.

I'm kind of bored with my Titan, I don't really find the supers to be that much fun, but I can't bring myself to level again. 

I've been mainly using PvP to level up an alt. You get one level every 3 matches or so and it's a good way to mix it up from running the same PvE missions again. Plus I was thinking if I avoid running most of the PvE missions until I hit 20, I can run the hard versions of them with some of my unleveled exotics + use telemetries and net a decent amount of XP into them.

Sounds like a good idea, but surely it's super hard missing all your important skills. Plus you have ass weapons. Seriously ass weapons. 

You can buy less-ass weapons from the gunsmith/Vanguard vendor that will fill the void until level 20, some of them really aren't that bad particularly in PvP (Gozen-C represent!) I have a hardcore PvP buddy who often runs a character with level 20 gear and green/blue weapons just for shits and giggles and he made a 5000 score a couple days ago in a Control match.

Also, I wouldn't be particularly opposed to running highly overleveled PvE quests with people trying to powerlevel. Like, we could run a level 30 version of a level 12 story mission so you get XP +9000 bonus or whatever. I'm still grinding out Grimoire score on my Hunter so mindless story quests aren't totally useless to me either.