Thrik

Photos of things

9c544Jf.jpg

Found this guy in my brother-in-law's garden today. He let me get close enough with my phone to get this.

9c544Jf.jpg

Found this guy in my brother-in-law's garden today. He let me get close enough with my phone to get this.

Man, that is pretty impressive for a phone, what phone do you have?

So I picked up the 35mm 1.8 and...I am returning it Friday. I have this weird back focus issue with it on my D5300, I have contacted Nikon but they have kind of put me through the ringer of tests and alternatives, it seems there are a few reports of users with issues with the 35mm so at least I am not crazy. I am going to pick up the 50 1.8 as a cheap portrait lens and keep my 18-140mm as my walkabout. 

When using the 35mm in live view the lens was so damn sharp, amazingly sharp on that D5300, I wish lens adjustments were available through the camera body, the lens was focusing 2 or 3 inches farther than intended ruining a bunch of shots when opened up wide. 

Ah well! It's a bummer that has been kind of hampering my photography mood lately. Nikon support has been pretty awesome to deal with though. 

So I was just out walking and

Elnn7Cz.jpg

I really hope that this car belongs to an actual Microsoft employee, because the alternative is pretty disappointing.

(sorry for the image quality; I only had my 3DS on me)

the idea of you photographing a chevy volt, featuring an xbox one license plate, with your 3DS is a pretty great encapsulation of this epoch. 

give it a "hang in there" banner. 

Simple though it is, I was quite pleased with this one:

post-8096-0-12677000-1411067515_thumb.jpg

Anyone could do it, obviously, but I like it.

I tried my hand at some gig photography for my co-workers band. Was hard. I took my 50mm prime and nothing else really. The venue was small so I couldn't really move around so it was difficult getting varied compositions!

14992155523_0226879f41.jpg

15425651499_894e677cc9.jpg

The change in perspective really made the white guy look bigger.

It also made him look like John Goodman.

Yeah, that dude was the opener and made all sorts of really weird bad faces while playing. Not bad blues/rock though, was interesting. The black guitar player was probably standing 3 or 4 feet behind the singer, maybe the compression of the 50mm makes it look a little odd. The pictures didn't turn out super well. 

The venue was tiny, like 12x12' tiny so I could not move around or use a flash without being human garbage. I got there early so I was able to take a seat fairly close to the front slightly off to the side for a decent vantage. 

I snapped a few shots on my morning walk today.

jkIOL9dl.jpg

(got a little carried away in Lightroom with that one)

uMDA5Yol.jpg

m4w0iZ7l.jpg

And here's a bonus monkey and a dog glamour shot:

QWHFt3Sl.jpg

0Wl8lJ3l.jpg

qkVi3I6l.jpg

This is the epitome of autumn! Great shot!

QWHFt3Sl.jpg

That is one fierce monkey.

i went to see the New Zealand All Blacks play the USA Eagles in Chicago, was a good time. It was my first time shooting "action" and it was pretty tough!

15694562215_929c2526e3_b.jpg15509372577_3d86124f34_b.jpg15509137388_3649e68000_b.jpg

15508646769_89a7c02b4f_b.jpg15670812896_c74caab3e9_b.jpg

qkVi3I6l.jpg

I like to think this captures the moment she realises she's lying in a big pile of dogshit.

That is one fierce monkey.

i went to see the New Zealand All Blacks play the USA Eagles in Chicago, was a good time. It was my first time shooting "action" and it was pretty tough!

15509372577_3d86124f34_b.jpg

Wait...the USA have a rugby team?! That plays against one of the best international teams in the world? 

Wait...the USA have a rugby team?! That plays against one of the best international teams in the world? 

I'm guessing it was a heavy loss.