nikasaur

Comics Extravaganza - Pow Bang Smash!

I don't if this should be here or on the Feminism thread, but I decided to get ALL the Batgirl comics on sale and so far:

-In one comics the cops spend two panels staring at Batgirls ass.

-In another comic, Robin stare's at Batgirl's breasts!

-In the one I'm reading now Catwoman and Batgirl fought.... NAKED!

In a way, the scene made sense, because Selina is the kind of girl to go to a nude club and Barbara is the kind who never do this, but still, the real reason they did this is obvious... 

Edit: I just read an issue of the Brave and The Bold that has Barabara Gordon right before becoming... The Oracle... Noooooo.... *sobs eternally* 

I don't if this should be here or on the Feminism thread, but I decided to get ALL the Batgirl comics on sale and so far:

-In one comics the cops spend two panels staring at Batgirls ass.

-In another comic, Robin stare's at Batgirl's breasts!

-In the one I'm reading now Catwoman and Batgirl fought.... NAKED!

In a way, the scene made sense, because Selina is the kind of girl to go to a nude club and Barbara is the kind who never do this, but still, the real reason they did this is obvious...

Edit: I just read an issue of the Brave and The Bold that has Barabara Gordon right before becoming... The Oracle... Noooooo.... *sobs eternally*

Was that the girls nnight out issue with wonder woman and zatana I think, by JMS?

Yes, exactly that one. Is there another version of this story? I began suspecting what would happen close to end and was super bummed out to find out I was right. I just realized this is also my first Zatanna comic ever and the first Wonder Woman comic I've read in ages.

Also, there is an Oni Press Humble Bundle with Scott Pilgrim, R. Stevens and John Allison and much more in it! (I'm still trying to make room for the Valiant Bundle I got.)

Yes, exactly that one. Is there another version of this story? I began suspecting what would happen close to end and was super bummed out to find out I was right. I just realized this is also my first Zatanna comic ever and the first Wonder Woman comic I've read in ages.

I believe that was an original story JMS came up with and has only ever been in that single issue. I really liked it and I normally don't like most things by JMS, comics or otherwise, but that issue was great.

Edit: regarding the Oni bundle, The Sixth Gun and Letter 44 are both great and are both on my list of books that I read monthly in issues which isn't very long. Stumptown also is a good detective book which makes since as it's by Greg Rucka. I think a third volume of it just started which I'll probably look into once it's collected. I haven't read any of the other books besides Scott Pilgrim/Lost at Sea

Down Set Fight and Capote in Kansas are both excellent. This is a really solid bundle; I'm curious how many people buying this bundle haven't read Scott Pilgrim though, and thus how many people will pay over $15.

So I didn't know this, but there was a promo comic of Tru TV's Impractical Jokers. Which is weird.

TESD_ImpracticalJokers_Comic-1.jpg

I guess it kinda makes sense because Q is a huge comic fan, but this seems like a weird comic cross over. Does anyone know of any other weird crossovers like this?

It was recently in a bundle with TESD's Cryptozoic man on their bandcamp page, and it was sold out in seconds. :(

I came here to post about just that! You skipped the part where fucking Ryan North and Erica Henderson are the ones making it.

The comic book focused spin-off of Book Riot went live recently at Panels.net and it's got a lot of cool people working on it so I figured I'd share it.  There isn't a lot at the moment as it just started this month, but they have a big list of contributors lined up and a lot of the names have me excited, plus the whole project is being run by Paul Montgomery who is a really cool dude. 

The greatest comic book crossover has been announced.

Archie and friends hit Costa Rica for spring break, where party and beach games soon get replaced by the most dangerous game! What mysterious attraction does the gang hold for the trophy-collecting Predator, and will the kids even realize they’re in danger before it claims them all?

Speaking of Archie Horror, the new Sabrina series came out on Wednesday.  I haven't picked it up and I probably wont for a while since if I'm going to read a witch book I still need to pick up Rachel Rising by Terry Moore, but I've heard good things.

Comixology is having more Halloween sales. Does anybody think the Vampirella comics are decent? There's also a bunch of IDW and Constantine comics on sale!

Speaking of sales, I got a few Archie comics from the Halloween sale and... boy, Archie was kinda ugly and a prankster brat back then. I also don't get why anybody would be into Veronica... also this!

B0fJx9RIgAAsdT0.jpg

Hey Canadian peeps, may I ask for a favor?

If any of you can get me Descant 164 Cartooning Degree Zero, I'll pay you back and for the shipping. I've been dying to get my hands on it.

Is anyone else sad that She-Hulk is ending at issue 12? I guess I was the only one who liked the art in it (except for issues 5-6, that art didn't work for me). 

I remember enjoying She-Hulk when she's actually smart and a doing lawyer work, does she do any cases in the current issues?

EDIT: I just read Afterlife with Archie and it was great, but it bummed me out that "Book II" is about something completely different. Am I being naive to think this series has an end and won't go on for a millenia?

I remember enjoying She-Hulk when she's actually smart and a doing lawyer work, does she do any cases in the current issues?

EDIT: I just read Afterlife with Archie and it was great, but it bummed me out that "Book II" is about something completely different. Am I being naive to think this series has an end and won't go on for a millenia?

The current She-Hulk series is written by a practising lawyer (Charles Soule), so it's almost entirely about court cases. She starts her own firm in the first issue, and right now she's defending an aged Steve Rogers.

Just a note: the interior art is NOTHING like the cover art, so have a look at some previews before you decide to check it out.

The current She-Hulk series is written by a practising lawyer (Charles Soule), so it's almost entirely about court cases. She starts her own firm in the first issue, and right now she's defending an aged Steve Rogers.

Just a note: the interior art is NOTHING like the cover art, so have a look at some previews before you decide to check it out.

It kind of sucks that Soule goes exclusive with Marvel and then a month later his book gets canned.

Regarding the art I'm glad it doesn't look like the covers. Kevin Wada has a very Phil Noto-esque style and while the covers are gorgeous I don't think that style usually works well in interiors (whenever Noto does interiors the art is usually pretty stiff). The interiors are done by Javier Pulido who has a very simple style, but the story telling is top notch and the art is still really good. It reminds me of Marcos Martin or Paolo Rivera so if you've ever read Private Eye or recent Daredevil stuff it's very similar (and if you haven't read any Daredevil I'd recommend the Mark Waid run if you're interested in something else that focuses on a lawyer)

I recently finished Nimona, which was amazing, and was wondering if there are any other titles like it around?

Also, that superhero comic from a a few pages back, Copra looked kinda interesting art-wise. Will need to check out if it is available on these shores.