Udvarnoky

Some heartless jackass makes a fake Majora's Mask HD trailer because he hates me, specifically

Happy Mask Salesman wasn't nearly creepy enough, and something about his limited, looping idle animation is integral to his character and shouldn't be replaced.

... yes I'm a big enough fan of Majoras Mask that I went into horrible internet man nit-picky mode. This trailer was actually pretty neat.

I opened this with a million other thread tabs, didn't read any text, and watched the video, and got all excited before I realized the overzealous use of lens flare and such was not like Nintendo - at least not in a way that stands out as bad - and proceeded to skim over the thread and realize it was fake.

Worst day of my life. ):

He chose the right part of the game at least, coming up into the clocktower with that music is one of the purest moments of any game.

Wow, I was expecting something like gameplay videos of something with decent looking models and stuff made in UDK or something, but that was actually a AAA quality cinematic.

I'm pretty sure we'll eventually get a remake of this game, hopefully it will look half as good as this fake trailer.

I was rather hoping they'd announce a Majora's Mask 3DS remake that everyone seems to agree is an eventuality, but I suppose I'd prefer a new game to take precedence over that.

I really don't want a 3DS upgrade of Majoras Mask to happen, and the reason is I'd probably buy it. Which means I'd have to get a 3DS, just to play a game I already own a different version of.

Yes, I know it's irrational, and I would totally hate myself for doing it, but I probably would anyway. I like Majoras Mask that much. So hopefully they never actually do it.

That said, an HD remake for the Wii U I would not only buy, but buy without shame. I'm actually against remakes of games in theory, I mean, if I think about it for more than a second I conclude that they're stupid, but sometimes the idea of an old favorite prettied up is just plain alluring.

I'm pretty sure some person in charge of something said that basically they will probably do a remake of MM also, but they want to make an actual new Zelda game for the 3DS first.

I really don't want a 3DS upgrade of Majoras Mask to happen, and the reason is I'd probably buy it. Which means I'd have to get a 3DS, just to play a game I already own a different version of.

You don't have to play it if an updated version comes out. I personally would love a Majora's Mask 3DS. Near the finish of Ocarina, I was so excited for all of the revamped character models and textures that I was hoping they'd carry it over to a new Majora's Mask. It is too bad it's relegated to the 3DS though, because Nintendo remodeled things for the better way more than any PS3 HD version ever could hope (well except Oddworld, Stranger's Wrath).

Wow, what an excellent interpretation. Great to know it'll never exist! :tup:

nelson.jpg

(It's me, I am the heartless jackass.)

I didn't make the trailer though.

Holy smokes was that well done.

Good thing MM is my least favorite in the series so that I'm not left yearning.

Holy smokes was that well done.

Good thing MM is my least favorite in the series so that I'm not left yearning.

You like Zelda 2 more than MM? My favorites are A Link to the Past or Majora's Mask, depending on if I want a 2D or 3D game.

Recently, the top position in least favorite Zelda (that I played, anyway) got taken by Minish Cap. Whataboringgame!

Oh man, I thought Minish Cap was the stuff.

Zelda II is great, too. Please have your parents see me in my office on Monday.

You like Zelda 2 more than MM? My favorites are A Link to the Past or Majora's Mask, depending on if I want a 2D or 3D game.

Yeah, I do. The only games in the series I haven't played are Twilight Princess and Minish Cap, oh, and Four Swords. But I'm confident I'll like them over MM. Something about that game just didn't sit right with me at all. And no, I didn't finish it. But it takes a lot for me to power through something I'm not enjoying.

It has been said that a Majora's Mask remake was likely to happen on the 3DS, though i hope it'll get more care than Ocarina did. (Which is generally a very nice remake, but it's filled with bugs, to the extent it actually introduced a ton of new and quite severe ones.)

And to me, the best games in the series were always LTTP, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Ocarina of Time. (Come on, where's the Wind Waker love?)

Really, you had bugs? I'm nearly done with the Master Quest (at Ganon's castle) and I have had a very smooth experience so far.

I loved Links Awakening, how some people are when it comes to final fantasy msic and such is how I was for the song in that, I thought it was so cool, with the different instrument parts and such.

I didn't have any bugs when I played OoT or Master Quest, can you be more specific? What exactly happened for you?

Wind Waker ruined my summer when it came out, I was also the guy that bought the gba link cable to use the Tingle Tuner. I decided I wanted to collect all the figurines and got super into it and ended up getting burnt out when I had almost gotten them all because I found out that there was 1 that you had to plan on getting from the start of the game to get on your first playthrough and I still haven't beaten the game, I'm at Gannon I believe, but if I were to go back I'd just replay it. On the bright side it killed any chance for me of ever giving a shit about achievements and/or collectables in games.

Link's Awakening is the best 2D Zelda, HANDS DOWN. I still love Majora's Mask, though I could never play it today. It's old and old. Worse, it's the bad kind of old that doesn't age well. I can still go back and play Super Mario Bros. because it's simple, got those gloriously tight controls that still work perfectly.

But 3D games, especially ones like Zelda, seem to have evolved so much in terms of control that I can no longer tolerate them. It was even kind of hard for me to play Ocarina of Time again. Only reason I managed is 'cause it was handheld.