Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

I have about 60 games under my belt and would like to play with a consistent group of people.  I'm interested in getting better at the game but am most concerned that I enjoy playing with my team members.  Any ideas?

I think your best bet might be to get into a smaller guild in-game with people you like playing with. I've no idea the best way to find one, but reddit might be a start:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2guilds

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2pubs

Alternatively there may be people around here in active guilds. Personally I solo a lot, or group with people I've met in other online games.

Totally open to playing with anyone on here if you're able to catch me online. Steam below.

In the olden days (WC3 dota, right after TI1 dota2) IRC used to be the place to find dota pubs. No idea how to do it anymore. Valve have many solutions to the problem (dota2 chat rooms, dota2 guilds, steam groups) none of them are particularly good. 

I'm pumped for Moss's Dota 2 virgin tournament, but I'm also sad because I've played about 100 games and can't join.

Are there any tournaments for people who are bad at Dota out there?

Some friends of mine played in an amateur tournament a few months ago, so they exist. Then again they're all way better than I am and took it reasonably seriously, I don't know what the average skill level really is.

Actually, upon looking at http://amateurdota2league.com/ it seems they have signups for their season 5 in a few days, and as far as I can tell, it's open to anybody. If you have 4 friends and can afford the $1 entry fee maybe try that. If you don't have 4 friends I bet you could find 4 people on these forums who'd do it.

Has there been any news about the Olly Moss virgin Dota tourney? I heard that and thought: "that sounds like something I think would be really fun," especially as a person who has only watched one (very confusing) match in my life. I'd probably be able to bring together a group of Dota virgins to make a team, actually, if we could get a small tournament together here. I have a feeling that saying this in this very specific thread is potentially talking to The Wrong People.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've had enough of dota kicking my ass solo and would like the opportunity to play with people. Could I get an invite to the group if any of you play regularly? Steam name is the same as my username here, thanks.

Does anyone in here partake of the redditdota2league?  I've partaken of its two last seasons. Its been hit and miss for me, but I've met some great people from it. I've signed up for a captain for this seasons Monday league. If any Thumb people are involved, or are thinking of signing up let me know. I'd love to draft you guys, since I prefer the chiller tones that comes with playing you. 

Link! http://www.reddit.com/r/redditdota2league/

Edit: No more loop!

my relationship with dota is taxed and awkard.  i normally play with family and i dont like it...when i dont play, i miss it

We're doing a bit of a Dota Day tomorrow and will need 5th (probably rotating through the day).  4 of us will be in the same room playing, but couldnt secure our typical 5th participant.  Any chicago dota people are welcome, bring an appetizer =D

Any interest in playing drop me a msg steam: Undermind9

DOTA. I'm Bilbo Bargains on steam (the one with the sniper against the imperial rising sun avatar), someone add me to the guild if that still exists, please!

I don't know if many people here watch the league of leagends pro-scene but Riot just put up a video of some of the mic talk for SKT and EDG game 5 at MSI. Both Pawn and the EDG coach say nice after seeing Faker pick LeBlanc like they wanted him to and EDG use English since its the common language between the Korea and Chinese player.

The MSI was amazing, my favourite League tourney in quite some time. The Korean teams are actually beatable since the giant exodus, and it's made for a much more interesting international scene.

The EDG game 5 comp was very anti-leblanc, they knew Faker was undefeated in competitive on that and baited them into it, then built a comp to crush it. Wonderful stuff.

The MSI was amazing, my favourite League tourney in quite some time. The Korean teams are actually beatable since the giant exodus, and it's made for a much more interesting international scene.

The EDG game 5 comp was very anti-leblanc, they knew Faker was undefeated in competitive on that and baited them into it, then built a comp to crush it. Wonderful stuff.

I read an article a week or two ago that points out that all that korean talent is being replaced pretty well thanks to how well developed the training system is organised in Korea and  that the korean teams will be a lot stronger after the summer split cause the new players  will have a lot more experience under their belt and be better intergrated into the teams.

Also the korean, chinese and taiwanese teams have also started playing against each other outside of the international tournaments so I think NA and EU are in even deeper trouble come worlds.

I think there is a decent gap between EDG and the rest of china so at worlds where it will be 3 chinese and 3 korean teams only EDG will be able to stand toe to toe with the likes of CJ, Jin or the GE Tigers in addition to SKT. EDG only dropped games in the playoff cause Pawn had medical problems so he either wasn't playing or probably not at his best.

I almost haven't touched Dota in the past 8 months. Recently came back to it, playing with some of my old group. Last hitting is still as fun as it's always been (for me, a lot).

However, since solo Dotes scares me like hell (1300 hours clocked in, solo MMR not yet determined), I also reinstalled Awesomenauts for some cartoon lords management when no one from the aforementioned group is online.

This one is still really fun, but I seem to get stucked around rank 4 while I feel I should really be around 7 or so since I haven't played in over a year and some. Keep making my team lose, keep receiving flames, but I just don't lose ranks.

Did any of you ever take an extended break from your favorite(s) LoMa and found yourself weirdly comfortable, yet constantly outmatched? Did you overcome the ankwardness?

Coming back to Dota after a few months/years is almost always a weird thing because not only will you be rust on the mechanics, it's possible that huge chunks of how the game works will be different. This newest patch is totally bonkers, for instance. If you are still able to play mechanically sound (last hits, map awareness, prioritizing targets and objectives) it's only a matter of time until you learn what's different and how you can expect certain matchups to go and what the new items are good for.