Roderick

Star Wars Kinect

Seriously though, this is just so bizarre and surreal that I can't help but love it.

I realise that I am part of the problem. :getmecoat

Finally, this looks like Star Wars might finally have a legitimate chance at redemption for the series/brand after the past 10 years.

Death Star disco ball...

I think i'm in the same boat as Sin.

I want to hate this, but it's so cheerfully surreal that i can't help but love it.

I think this broke me. Because I'm really happy it exists, but nothing about it is something I like.

It fills me with macabre joy to see fans losing their shit over yet another way in which their favourite thing has disappointed them.

My mind also boggles and kind of delights to see one of the most masculine characters dancing in a very camp way, in a setting from one of the bleakest and emotionally wrought moments from the original films. Every time I see things like this, or this, I think "That got signed off". The nature of Star Wars' output implies the kind of people in charge of it, and there is such dissonance between them and the fans.

Most Star Wars stuff nowadays is clearly marketed on the basis of an aesthetic connection rather than an emotional one, or at least, if the latter, the emotion is unhealthy attachment. I described it like this the other day:

When you begin to see Star Wars as a weird mutant chaos god that occasionally drops bizarre cultural artefacts from between its fatty folds, you stop minding so much.

With the die hard fans included, it's more like some kind of obscene symbiont.

It is, and that in particular, but the nature of Star Wars means that any appearance of cultural intent is now accidental. In nine years, Star Wars will have been doing that for as long as the original trilogy delighted people. All of it has been wrong in various ways for quite a long time.

This makes me want Jedi Knight 3, except as a musical.

Star Wars/Glee crossover?

A few months ago that would have been unfathomable. Not anymore.

Thanks Star Wars Kinect.

Star Wars/Glee crossover?

A few months ago that would have been unfathomable. Not anymore.

Thanks Star Wars Kinect.

Shut the hell up or they will hear you and do it.

That said;

HBPeAv_DCVs

Notice two things here for me ladies and gents.

1. The distinct number of words changed. I count 12. In a four minute song.

2. The names of the dance moves.

That said "I'm your new NCO" and "It's conscription!" are freaking incredible and makes it all okay for me.

I'm going to tell everyone I know who plays games that if I hear word of them buying this game that I will no longer associate with them.

If someone I knew bought this game I'd be so mad. Because then they wouldn't be coming over to my house to play it ! HAHAHAHAHA

I am mostly suprised that people didn't expect this from a kids game on the Natal. Besides, it looks like the people who made this game probably had a blast doing it. Star Wars is so geared towards kid now-a-days anyway that who really cares that they might be getting a fun, often hilarious, game. And this doesn't change the original series being an above average sci-fi trilogy.

Honestly the dance section seems like the closest thing to a video game version of a robot chicken star wars sketch that will exist.