Salka

Fund Tim Schafer's next game YOURSELF!

Big final update:

It's less than 24 hours until the end of our Kickstarter campaign, and we're rapidly approaching $3,000,000. This is cause for celebration! Please join us tomorrow as we count down the final minutes until we embark on this crazy adventure. It all begins at 3:00 pm PST right here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/double-fine-adventure

To those of you who have backed the project, thank you so much! We'll see you soon on the backer forums!

To those of you who haven't yet backed the project, there's still time! Many of these rewards will only be made available to backers, so act now if you don't want to miss out. We've been hearing from a lot of folks that would like to back the project, but are unable to do so because they are outside of the US and do not have a credit card. Well, here's Tim Schafer to the rescue with information on how to obtain a pre-paid credit card to back the project:

gbXygxSObUQ

An important detail-in order for your payment to go through with a pre-paid credit card, you must add $1 more to the card than you are pledging. More details can be found here: http://www.tinyurl.com/NoCreditAdventure

And if we could make one last request, please do not refresh the Kickstarter page in the final minutes, as we don't want to break Kickstarter again during this high traffic time. Plus, the party is going to be over on Ustream!

SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!

The graphic and audio at the end of that video are just perfect :tup:

I used a 3V VISA card myself, but I didn't pledge an extra Dollar. That was completely new information I learned just minutes ago. So, maybe I'm screwed, but also maybe not.

I used a 3V VISA card myself, but I didn't pledge an extra Dollar. That was completely new information I learned just minutes ago. So, maybe I'm screwed, but also maybe not.

You can still change your pledge. But it's weird that you have to add a dollar. I guess it is because of more fees. Hm.. maybe i have to add a dollar as well.

You don't pledge an extra dollar, you have one more on the card than you are going to pledge. So if you're pledging $100, make sure the card starts with $101. I guess bad things happen if the card hits zero.

There it went!

There was a lull, then a massive rush as it got to within a hundred. I guess a bunch of people were waiting to be the one that tipped it over into the next million.

attachment.php?attachmentid=811&stc=1&d=1331637676

post-461-13375603573086_thumb.jpg

You don't pledge an extra dollar, you have one more on the card than you are going to pledge. So if you're pledging $100, make sure the card starts with $101. I guess bad things happen if the card hits zero.

Ehh.. makes sense. I added an extra dollar anyway (won't hurt), and I needed to go and change my payment options anyway as well since my previous temp virtual card expired

I've wondered about that too. I bet over time, with large numbers of backers, there's a fairly consistent ratio of loss to that.

I'd imagine there'll be some loss from stuff like that, but as Amazon verifies card details before actually taking the payment I can't imagine it'll be too significant. It's only going to affect who, like, have maxed out their cards.

Of course considering the tempting goodies that've been offered I expect a lot of people will be maxing out their cards for this Kickstarter. :mock:

There's also that people's stored payment methods on Amazon might go out of date between them backing the project and it reaching its target. I guess they get an email from Amazon payments, but some of them probably ignore or cancel.

I have maxed out my card completely to back both Double Fine and Idle Thumbs. I'd be pretty pissed if both pledges bounced :tdown:

I'd imagine there'll be some loss from stuff like that, but as Amazon verifies card details before actually taking the payment I can't imagine it'll be too significant. It's only going to affect who, like, have maxed out their cards.

;( I'm awfully close at the moment!

Fingers crossed it will all go through, though.

Amazon is pretty clever, and they know the dates that the payment is valid from and until -- if your card expired before the from date, I imagine it would probably be flagged.

And for cards that don't work immediately, they'll probably keep trying and pestering people.

In short: Either way, they should have a butt load of money :tup:

Guys, I just upped my pledge... uhhh shit, that's $500 now. I'm trying not to think this through too hard, but between DFA, a shiny new iPad, and a mini-vacation, this month's credit card bill is not going to be pretty.

(I should point out though, that I can totally afford this, and am not doing anything silly like going into debt or anything!)

But hey: woohoo, DOUBLE FIIIIIIIINE! Art book! WOO! :tup:

I only gave them 30 bucks... I was thinking about pledging either $100 or $250 but Sal was outraged, so I didn't. Even though that backer t at the $100 level is mighty nice, this has been a stupid month as far as miscalculating expenses goes, so I don't actually, literally have any more money to add to the pot whether I want to or not.

:violin::(:fart:

damn.. you people are wealthy...

I should talk to my boss to give me more moneys

You get an awful lot for $100...

• An exclusive "Collector's Edition" of the game in an Old Skool Cardboard Box™, just like a real adventure game!
  • An exclusive "Double Fine Adventure Backer" t-shirt.
  • Your name in the game's credits.
  • An exclusive "Double Fine Adventure" poster (suitable for framing)
  • A copy of the DVD/Bluray of the finished documentary.
  • A PDF version of the book of the game (with artwork, scripts, secrets, and more).
  • The game soundtrack.
  • Documentary soundtrack.
  • Exclusive access to the Beta on Steam.
  • Access to the video series, and access the private discussion community.

Oh, and a copy of the game.

Pretty nifty, if you ask me :tup:

pine apple!

damn you ThunderPeel2001 ... I just upped my ante because of your post