Roderick

Feminism

I agree with you, and you just linked me to an interesting free indie game that totally looks worth downloading and trying.  That's the second one today that the forums have steered me towards. 

I was honestly trying to give the game the benefit of the doubt, as using a trailer and couple of screenshots didn't seem fair to judge it by.  Buuut, then I went reading.  The original game is:

Senran Kagura is a side scrolling action game for the 3DS. The player will assume the control of 5 different female ninja characters. The more they are damaged by enemies, the more their clothes are torn off. The game also features erotic elements that use the features of the Nintendo 3DS system such as stereoscopic 3D, 3D cleavage along with 3D images of other body parts.

And here's a review of the original beatemup.

There isn’t really much of a story in Senran Kagura, because the main character is boobs. Each character is just a one-dimensional harem manga cliche and characters spend most of their time discussing their sweater-stuffers. Characters threaten to motorboat one another when angry, say they’re going to “get handsy” when they’re happy, and feel inferior when their knockers don’t look as huge as the next girl.

So maybe it didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

There isn’t really much of a story in Senran Kagura, because the main character is boobs. Each character is just a one-dimensional harem manga cliche and characters spend most of their time discussing their sweater-stuffers. Characters threaten to motorboat one another when angry, say they’re going to “get handsy” when they’re happy, and feel inferior when their knockers don’t look as huge as the next girl.

This is why I'm a cynic.

Soooo, this is making the rounds over the last couple of days.  Posting it here because of a couple of oddities in it.  The primary graphic they've been using has been Lot escaping Sodom as his wife is turned to a pillar of salt.  What happens shortly thereafter is an incestual relationship between Lot and his daughters (while the Bible describes it as being initiated by the daughters, there are lots of dissenting interpretations that see it as an abusive father and rape by Lot). 

And they make sure to point out in the sales pitch:

Wouldn’t you love to see – with gorgeous detail – Abraham stopped from sacrificing Isaac… or Lot’s wife turn into a pillar of salt?

This is one of the most disturbing and anti-female passages in the entire Bible.  It seems a bit odd to put it front and center in your Kickstarter campaign for your Bible game. 

post-33601-0-59666400-1389652139_thumb.jpg

This is a great opportunity to play one of my least favorite games, "salt or semen?" The developers say salt, but the polls say...

The polls say White Jesus. Man, those are the WASPiest Jews I've seen in a while.

Allan Quartermain saves two sacrificial virgins and escapes the lost city of gold only moments before it's destroyed!  Little does he know that the Semen God does not let go of its prizes so easily...

I'd say in those times salt is still a very valuable commodity. A smart entrepeneur could devise a system of turning slaves into salt and make huge profits. Thanks, Sodom!

I'd say in those times salt is still a very valuable commodity. A smart entrepeneur could devise a system of turning slaves into salt and make huge profits. Thanks, Sodom!

The idea of seeing how players game the system in a biblical setting to the point of absurdity appeals to me. How cool would it be if the game was just a survival-sim where they wrote in rules that evaluated whether or not a player just disobeyed some law from Leviticus and then rained frogs on them. A systems-based bible game = awesome.

You descend from the mountain and see your people enraptured by a golden calf, dancing and frolicking in the desert after generations of enslavement. In your hands you hold the commandments of the Lord. What do you do?

> Smash one of the tablets

> Smash two tablets

> Smash no tablets, but gaze ahead with a mixture of reproach and disappointment

After succesfully freeing your people, they are now dying of thirst in the desert. The Lord commands you to extract water from a rock.

> Talk to the rock

> Hit the rock

> Tear your clothing and spread ash over your head

---

You hit the rock. The Lord is disappointed in you. You will never see the promised land of milk and honey. Return to the beginning and try again.

One If my priests got honey in his hair and had to shave his head, I lost my magical bonus.

Here are the planned features for the bible game.

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+21

We think that we will be able to implement all of the rules of Leviticus 21 by March, but we are still working on the bug that showed up when we implemented Leviticus 18; when the population gets low, there is a downward spiral in the favor-with-the-Lord value, and we aren't quite sure why.

I can't wait to hear the stories of the dumb shit some kids might try after playing this because of it's "factual" basis. I can just see someone playing through the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and thinking, "Oh shit, as long as I believe in God I will be immune to fire!".

I can't wait to hear the stories of the dumb shit some kids might try after playing this because of it's "factual" basis. I can just see someone playing through the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and thinking, "Oh shit, as long as I believe in God I will be immune to fire!".

If they die, they must have not really believed in God, in which case no one should mourn their death.

If they die, they must have not really believed in God, in which case no one should mourn their death.

Haha, nice. I wonder what the message is if they survive with third degree burns over 80% of their body? 

Easy to joke about, but it's the kind of thing that actually happens.  Particularly faith in god's plan.  A reporter in Idaho found evidence of at least 10 children that have died in the last 2 years because of their parent's faith in god.  Idaho still allows negligent parents to claim religious faith as a defense when they kill their children.  Most other states don't do that, and will prosecute parents in extreme cases.  Like a couple who let two kids die within 2 years of one another.  Total deaths are unknown, as many of these believers live in small communities and mostly just interact with other people like them. 

Sorry to be a downer, these people just piss me off too much to joke about.

Playing through the story of Daniel might be pretty fun too.

Nebuchadnezzar reveals a dream to you about an image with a head made of gold, its chest and arms made of silver, its belly and thighs made of bronze, its legs made of iron, and its feet made of a mix of iron and clay. Then he tells you that this image is shattered by a big rock. He asks you to interpret the dream. What do you do?

>Tell him some lame story about how the image represents a bunch of kingdoms and that the rock represents God's kingdom destroying the other ones.

>Tell him an awesome story about how the image represents a demon known only as "Big Dog" and that the rock represents the only weapon capable of destroying Big Dog.

You tell him about the threat of Big Dog and he gives you full control of his army to build weapons of mass destruction.

Sorry to be a downer, these people just piss me off too much to joke about.

Yeah, it is some pretty disgusting stuff. Sorry if my joking offends.

Yeah, it is some pretty disgusting stuff. Sorry if my joking offends.

No offense taken at all.  I'd actually thought of a hell on earth joke in regards to burning when that story popped in my head and I bummed myself out. 

Shit, I just imagined an Oregon Trail section of the game, traveling across the desert:

Jeremiah has dysentary

Pray for Jeremiah

Jeremiah died

Okay, maybe I can joke about it, after having taken a deep breath and accepted that I'm a terrible person.

Here's a thought on how abilities might unlock in this game.

You commit the original sin and are kicked out of the Garden of Eden.

-Ability to wear clothes and have sex unlocked!

You and everyone on the Ark are the only survivors on the planet after 40 days and 40 nights of rain.

-Light now refracts!

You give up all your riches so that you might enter the kingdom of heaven.

-Camels can now walk through the eye of a needle!

(Okay, I think I'm done for now)

Edit: Okay one more

You finally have achieved true faith in God.

-Ability to move mountains unlocked!

Will it have achievements?

Achievement Earned for finishing Lot's sidequests!

2 girls 1 dad