BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

Oh right, they brought her back after DKC. Well I haven't really thought much of any DK game since that excellent series so they count not to me. :tdown:

She looks well fit in DK64 though:

CandyKong64.jpg

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is the only Donkey Kong game besides Donkey Kong '94 that anyone should care about!

REAL TALK.

Agreed about quality. That's the reason I still have bongo controllers in the sea chest/coffee table in my living room. That said, I really enjoy all the DKC games as well, so :P.

Bah, Donkey Kong 64 is one of the greatest games I have ever played!*

*This post was written while riding waves of nostalgia, your mileage may vary.

I will say this about the DKC series: some of the best video game musics everrrr. (I like to play those games, too. But you didn't here that from me. I have a reputation to uphold.)

Donkey Kong 64 is a game about collecting the things so you can unlock the thing that lets you collect more of the things so that you can unlock a character to collect more things to collect other things.

Donkey Konga is a game in which you pounce on plastic drums, and then the Hungarian Dance No. 4 comes out. It's brilliant.

Pretty much the only thing i got out of Donkey Konga was an awesome peripheral to display on my shelves.

I will say this about the DKC series: some of the best video game musics everrrr. (I like to play those games, too. But you didn't here that from me. I have a reputation to uphold.)

Let's be clear.

I adore Rare's three DKC games.

Those are still terrible character designs.

Pretty much the only thing i got out of Donkey Konga was an awesome peripheral to display on my shelves.

Um, you mean a awesome peripheral with which to play the brilliant Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, right? Also: Donkey Konga was fun, sort of.

Has anyone ever tried the amazing Wii homebrew game Mike Tyson's Jungle Beat? It's a version of Punch-Out!! where all of the button inputs are replaced with actions on the DK bongos. I've always wanted to try it, but I never got the bongos.

oooh that sounds kinda cool

I have a homebrew'd Wii to do it with, too.

Super Metroid is on the eshop for thirty cents right now. You basically have no excuse.

Also, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Ghouls and Ghosts go up tomorrow, if anyone's interested.

Super Metroid is on the eshop for thirty cents right now. You basically have no excuse.

Also, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Ghouls and Ghosts go up tomorrow, if anyone's interested.

I was about to say pretty much exactly this. Get on it, Wii U owners. I just played a bunch of Super Metroid in my bed on the gamepad. Rad.

30 cents?! I gotta buy myself a Wii U just for that bargain.

Why is Super Metroid not on the 3DS eShop? 't ain't fair...

Oh man. So Nintendo just Mr. Miyagi'd me into understanding why Miiverse is cool. Just now I was playing Super Metroid, and -despite never really being able to master the bomb jump- managed to grab an energy tank much earlier than you're supposed to be able to.So I was all "Oh man, that was awesome. I wish I could show this off to somebody." And then I was all "Oh wait... I can!" And then I paused to the home menu, took a screenshot, and made a post about it without leaving the game. That's neat!

Lfufgke.jpg

guys seriously Miiverse is so fucking great now that I have a non-baby game to see its potential. Every once in a while I'll take a quick break from Super Metroid to post updates about how my sequence breaking is progressing, then get sidetracked by finding beginniners who are stuck on one part of the game or another and wind up sharing helpful doodles.

rJyroAX.png

I like how Miiverse is basically Demon's Souls hint system taken to its logical conclusion.

How do I friend you on the Wii U? It seems like you'd be worth paying attention to...

1. Go to Miiverse
  2. "User Menu"
  3. "Search Users"
  4. type "UnitNumberFive" (that's me!) exactly as spelled and capitalized
  5. go into my profile, and in the top right you should see a "Friend Request" button.

If you haven't set up your friends list yet, hit the home button and go into "Friends" first. It asks you like two questions, but otherwise it won't let you add any friends.

We should start a Wii U Friending thread!

I never knew how fun sequence breaking Super Metroid was.

tHJJY6e.png

Took me a moment to figure out a lot of people think that Samus is called 'Metroid'.

These aren't examples of genuine confusion, they're joking.