thorn

Iron Brigade

I think it has something to do with "what feet are doing", because Ron posted quite a bunch of pictures of what his feet were doing.

Ron's game should have it's own thread by now. Somebody should just give it a funny name first.

I hope at least that one ends up on PC.

I think it has something to do with "what feet are doing", because Ron posted quite a bunch of pictures of what his feet were doing.

What do feet do? They kick!

What Tim Schafer character has kick as a primary verb? Ben!

Full Throttle 2 confirmed.

Ron's game should have it's own thread by now. Somebody should just give it a funny name first.

I hope at least that one ends up on PC.

Actually, it's mostly this:

z2zpl.jpg

To briefly bring this back around to Trenched, I believe it's STILL not available in Europe, which sucks for Double Fine. I say this because I was probably going to buy it when it came out, but now my interest has waned, and my available cash has been depleted by things like Summer of Arcade titles and upcoming retail games such as Deus Ex. I can't imagine I'm the only person in this boat, so I bet they lose a significant amount of the money they would have had had this come out at a time in which there wasn't much else going on and it had internet hype.

Now the only question remains, will it have the horrible GFWL if Microsoft has anything to do with the PC port as they funded the development on XBLA?

So.... the words "Tower" and "Defence" give me a headache when put together. But I love mechs. Will I like this game?

Definitive answers only! Or, failing that, interesting comments on the appeal of the game!

If you play coop, then you can probably find someone else willing to take over the TD duties, but single player, I don't think it's really feasible to entirely avoid it.

It's not really traditional TD because you're running around in third person view of your mech the entire time (i.e. not some zoomed out view of the whole battlefield).

Hmmm.. cool, sounds good. Maybe the third person thing would make the TD aspect more appealing.

Maybe some Thumbs will play online. I haven't been very active in playing with people online, this might be a place to start.

Oh should also mention that unlike traditional TD, you're never standing around just watching your towers kill stuff because you're always running around shooting stuff yourself.

The problem i had with Trenched/Iron Brigade is that the loot progression is kind of harmful to the game. It's such a sharp, linear progression that you quickly will find no fun or value in replaying older levels.

It's a game that kind of locks you out of enjoying it more than once, you're forced into grinding like two or three levels of end-game content to continue to wring value from it.

It's a good one-shot five hour game, so play it with friends, you'll have a blast.

You may also come to realize why analogue saluting is the greatest gaming innovation of 2011.

It should be noted that the steam version comes with what was DLC on the XBLA version. One of the reasons I'm double-dipping. The other being that I'm not an XBL-Gold member so I was only able to mess around with coop on a random free weekend.

I am gfwljuv3nal on gfwl if anyone wants to play together. playing with randoms can be an exercise in frustration as I'm often getting booted with a "game state authentication failure".

Ugh, does it require GFWL for multiplayer? That system has been holding me back from playing coop DoW2 (with the exception of Retribution, which ditched GFWL and works perfectly) for a while now, with its myriad connection issues, unclear error messages and nonexistent technical support. I don't know if I really want to drop money on a game for coop if I'm not sure it'll even work for me and my friends.

yeah unfortunately it does. seems to work ok for me though.