Grufff

Stacking

If you are missing two character in the final level, I think I might know which ones they are?

Did you stack the big girls at the gates

Hmm... but they always turn towards me.

Perhaps there is a doll they'd turn their back to? Maybe one whose job involves looking at someone from all angles?

Maybe someone with measuring tape

spoiler answer

a particular doll can get them to turn around

supar spoiler answer

use the tailor doll with the measuring tape. they turn around when they're being measured

edit: jinx on you, tanukitsune

Weirdly, this game doesn't have a leaderboard. Maybe Microsoft finally relented to Jake's demands and didn't make them put one in an adventure game?

Now 99%, and I'm surprised how much the game grew on me since I've started completing the extras : I still stand by my original criticism, but it's been a while since going toward 100% completion felt natural instead of OCD driven.

So I finally realized why I haven't been enjoying this game as much as expected. The fake stop-motion animation on the dolls (the way they only have a few frames of walking animation or whatever) gives me a headache to watch when combined with the smooth framerate of other moving things. This is a real shame, because the game is delightful otherwise. But I can't stand to spend time looking around the world and environment any longer than necessary because it's just too damn painful.

Yeah when I first saw footage of the game it gave me a headache, but it was mostly because of the fake film pattern and flashing. I wish they'd just spent some more time on accessibility to polish out those annoyances, because it really prevented me from getting into it.

What kind of money do you have? If you've got a simple TFT display consider switching to a smaller screen or a plasma. (or sit further away from the screen).

The only problem I had was with the piano music in the menu. For some reason that tune really annoyed the shit out of me.

What kind of money do you have? If you've got a simple TFT display consider switching to a smaller screen or a plasma. (or sit further away from the screen).

The only problem I had was with the piano music in the menu. For some reason that tune really annoyed the shit out of me.

It's actually an enormous rear-projection screen. Which doesn't help things, I realize, but I definitely don't have the issue with other games :-/

Finished it today. It was... definitely a video game. Totally charming in parts, but most of the time I felt like both the game and I as the player were just going through the motions.

The achievements screen says something about "the Lost Hobo King adventure." Future DLC? :erm:

I really don't need to think about ever getting an Xbox.

All those few games that were earlier just for consoles are finally coming to PC.

Thanks Tim and co.!

In case anybody missed it, it's out on Steam now.

(And on the third 'Top Sellers'-spot, which is cool.)

I missed costume quest, so the bundle of this, Costume Quest, and Psychonauts for $19.99 is too good for me to not buy.

That is a totally excellent deal. Does the Steam version have the Hobo King DLC included? Either way, I've played through this on 360, so though some stupid part of me is tempted to add this to my Steam library, I can't justify doing so until it's on sale for $5 or less. That said, this is a great deal if you haven't played it somewhere else first. Fantastic little game. Now I just need them to put out Trenched/Steel Battalion. That's the only one of the fortnight games that I haven't already played somewhere else.

Both costume quest and stacking don't have any dlc listed, so I'm not sure if it's not available yet or if they're already included or what, but at that price I would be happy enough to buy it separately later.

Continue the Stacking adventure with The Lost Hobo King DLC pack, included free in the PC version!

Continue the Costume Quest adventure with the Grubbins on Ice DLC pack, included free in the PC version!

In the store page descriptions.

Yeah, I knew Grubbins on Ice was included with Costume Quest, that's why I asked about Hobo King. Good to know! I bought but never actually played that on 360, so it sweetens the deal of replaying it on PC after it goes on sale to be able to go through all the content without screwing around getting my 360 set back up. Yes, set back up. I'm now that much of a PC guy. Although I do want to play Gears 3, so it may be worth it.

Wow I need to learn to read more than the first paragraph, but that's cool.

If they brought Brutal Legend to PC, which won't happen, I would buy it again.

Hmm, what the hell? I thought that I bought Stacking already when it was released on PC, but I apparently still don't own it. I had to double check all my email accounts and my Steam account history to be sure.

I have to fix this error.