ysbreker

Minecraft

Since Civ V is broken I decided to go ahead and try the game out. I jumped on the Thumbs server and was immediately greeted by the Congrats Nick sign. It feels like home.

Where would be a good place for me to carve out a niche for myself? Are there any monsters in multi?

I built a dirt memorial in my Dirt-Free Bedrock Cave. If anyone wants to check it out, the cave entrance is south of the big tree and south-east of PiratePoo's (/compass gives you the bearing).

The cave itself is not complete yet, but should be dirt-free now except for the memorial. Damn, it was hard work digging out all that dirt. :)

I haven't actually gone to check out your cave, dude, but this post—this quoted post right there—might give the best summary for why this game is the best video game in a very, very long time (if not in forever). :tup::tup::tup:

Since Civ V is broken I decided to go ahead and try the game out. I jumped on the Thumbs server and was immediately greeted by the Congrats Nick sign. It feels like home.

Where would be a good place for me to carve out a niche for myself? Are there any monsters in multi?

Health is disabled/broken in MP currently.

As such, mobs are off.

Build as you will.

Gah, I rectified the farm outside of the steak house, now there will be four trees and permanent crops there, I also started a mining shaft south of the spawn (opposite the "Congrats Nick" monument) but I got thrown out due to my internet connection and I'm not sure how much it will have saved, plus the 26 pieces of iron I had on me...

Some constructions are insanely huge.

Worked on a few projects. I did the buried tree next to the cathedral. Also made some underwater thingies, I called it "Life aquatic with Wizard Babboo". The best way to get there is to go toward my sky home: west from community chest, then the path past the cathedral. Just continue towards to the floating skull (take a left, and not right to the skull lookout). Take the stairs towards the skull and enter it. Walk to the back side to the sign with "watch your step", and then go do. If you watched your step you'll be in the under water thingy. From there you can continue to another underwater thingy on your right.

Oh yeah, I made a huge floating skull. You should check it out at night up to sunrise. Head for "skull lookout".

Don't think it's destroyed. Think dirt is in front of it. Either way, awesome work, man! :D

The hills behind my and Squid's house aflame.

Nothing was harmed other than trees. Though that massive Mufasa tree over near spawn was stared longingly at for a few minutes.

th_FireWestNight.jpg

th_Fireeast.jpg

damnit.. I locked myself out. It keeps crashing when I want to join.

I found an Obsidian mine!!!

But I was too lazy to dig it all up myself, so I just drained the water and made a way to the surface and marked the entrance like this (see attachment)

It's on the edge of the burning forest

uh... is there a better way to take a screenshot on Mac than Cmd-Shift-3?

post-74-13375603250884_thumb.png

Edited by Erkki

Oops, not sure if it's near the burning forest. I entered somewhere else but the exit I dug straight from the obsidian (the one with the marker) is near a sign that sais Mountain claimend by PiratePoo

Ys, can we get an up to date render at some point please?

Also Kingz, thanks for the addition to my castle, I might make a few alterations, if that's ok with you, to fit more with my aesthetic. Though I'm currently working on an Inn.

i got stuttering and crshed twice last night so i gave up and went to bed:(

I made a large reed farm (148 per day) it's next to the cathedral. If you pass buy and the reed is stacked 3 high, please harvest and place it in storage.

Next to the reed farm is a "bookstore", that's where you can store the reed harvest, and also get/create paper and books.

It's an off-site extension of the community chest for reed/paper/books. Same rules apply.

The Android's Dungeon (bookstore) has opened it's door. Unlike the store in Springfield we don't mind if you stay and read a book or two. In fact, we have a nice reading room, just don't stand in the fire.

Also, I ran into a dead self.

attachment.php?attachmentid=576&stc=1&d=1285511397

post-814-13375603255204_thumb.jpg

Also Kingz, thanks for the addition to my castle, I might make a few alterations, if that's ok with you, to fit more with my aesthetic. Though I'm currently working on an Inn.

Yeah, go ahead. I tried to keep it medieval-looking. It ended up being a bit off, I guess.