ysbreker

Minecraft

That was tons of fun, guys. Built a gigantic... Thing... Together with Thompson and a whole bunch of other Thumbs! You guys are the best. :)

I loved digging deep into your hole.

But seriously, it was awesome times. Let's do it frequently.

I'm T4ffer in Minecraft.

I dug a crude spiral stairway straight down to the bedrock, a bit South-East (I think) from PiratePoos place and made my home there. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, I started cleaning it of dirt and leaving natural bedrock formations and occasional decorative redstone pillars. But somehow I expanded it far more than I initally had in mind and also managed to get some water and lava in there. Once I have made it look better, I'll make it easier to access.

The Wiz(zz)a(aaaaaaa)rd's Tower is complete.

TheWizardsTower.jpg

Yes, the tower has a mouth.

Noo, it crashed, and now it wont just auto-accept my log-on. ;_;

And JUST went Erwin burned down his cottage and the surrounding tree.

PS: nobody bring fire near my precious beach house.

Hmm. Client needs updating, and download link for Mac doesn't work at the moment.

Just as my precious wooden cabin burn to the ground. Plus a small forest. Sorry about that. :getmecoat

Ah, WTF! Fraps didn't save any of the screenshots for reasons unknown. I saw the framerate overlay and everything. Bizarre. Maybe it wasn't enough that I simply minimized the game client while I fired up Fraps?

Huzzah! He re-enabled sound downloading. Had to redownload the client during the weekend and not having sound was getting to me.

Now the next question, has our server dropped out?

I managed to get in for a second and snap some more pictures of Erwin's burning dreams. However, only a dinky part of the world loaded around me. And then the server kicked me out.

Maybe ysbreker set to auto update and is now waiting in line to download and whatnot?

post-10-13375603247706_thumb.jpg

post-10-13375603248081_thumb.jpg

post-10-13375603248468_thumb.jpg

I managed to get in for a second and snap some more pictures of Erwin's burning dreams.

Maybe ysbreker set to auto update and is now waiting in line to download and whatnot?

It was such a nice house too. . .

And perhaps.

Ok, now that the sounds are back, I completely understand why 'blix found the game terrifying. What the hell is up with the random squish noises?

Ok, now that the sounds are back, I completely understand why 'blix found the game terrifying. What the hell is up with the random squish noises?

Slimes maybe?

Also, if this is not the most terrifying patch note/sentence you have ever fucking heard, get your head checked out;

Skeletons can ride Spiders

The server, she lives!

Joined and my client crashed a moment or two later; hope I didn't crash anyone else, or the server. I noticed ys dropped out and back in again just before.

Wonder if running Minecraft via Steam is a problem...

My client crashed twice yesterday. Luckily I don't have to use it anymore, since minecraft.net is back online.

. . .Hermie. . .why is your flood made of pressure plates?

To make it look even more like a hippie beach house. o/

Gee, in trying to remove the dirt bridge leading to Hermie's house (it was ruining my view!), I figured "I know! Let's build a glass underwater TUNNEL!" and in doing so fucked up the flow of the water which will not cover glass. Sorry, Hermie! But look on the bright side. Now you have a bridge that you can walk under and over. :grin:

Water propagation in this game is WEIRD. It also ruined my cavern house pool idea. :(

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

First of all: if it's underwater, it's no bridge. But yeah, the liquid engine was disappointing. Even disappointinger was hearing from someone on the server last night that the code is so bad he can't fix it. I get that suddenly changing the way liquids flow would lead to thousands of flooded castles and caves on servers around the world, but maybe it could be a server setting to introduce the new model. He'd still have to factor out the code for it, though, which maybe he gets the time to do now that he's a company.

Bridge, tunnel. It's all the same. Also finished my hillside home! It's still completely empty inside, but go and take a look :D

I kindof like how water behaves. It is somewhat ridiculous and abstracted, but there are so many weird and ridiculous and abstracted things in this game, it doesn't bother me.

Even disappointinger was hearing from someone on the server last night that the code is so bad he can't fix it.

That was I.

There's an excellent chance that now that he has a company (well, more or less has a company) that he'll be able to fix odd things like that.

I've been so tired lately... I can't remember who helped me fix the glass tunnel. It was either Orvidos or Asembo. Anyway, it's awesome. Go take a look at the Glass Hole.